OTTAWA -- Henrik Lundqvist was not quite himself on Tuesday -- but he still made his mark on the New York Rangers. [url=http://w

in Fragen 25.08.2018 02:48
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

OTTAWA -- Henrik Lundqvist was not quite himself on Tuesday -- but he still made his mark on the New York Rangers. Cheap Rockets Jerseys China . Lundqvist became the winningest goalie in Rangers franchise history as New York routed the Ottawa Senators 8-4, earning his 302nd career victory to unseat Mike Richter. "Its an incredible feeling," said Lundqvist. "A proud feeling. Being up there with those guys that have played for the organization for a lot of years and the franchise has been around for so long, its kind of surreal. I want to keep going obviously and hopefully I have a lot of years left to keep winning. "Ive been lucky to play with a lot of great players and its been a great ride so far." Lundqvist has a career goals-against average of 2.27, far less than the four goals he allowed against Ottawa. Derick Brassard, Benoit Pouliot, John Moore and Ryan McDonagh all scored in the second, with the final three coming less than four minutes apart late in the period. New York took a 5-2 lead into the final 20 minutes. "In the second period I think we really took over," said Brassard. Brassard scored his first of two goals at 8:56 then Pouliot beat Ottawa netminder Robin Lehner at 15:48 after taking the puck away from Jason Spezza in the slot as the Senators captain got tangled up trying to recover a pass in his skates. "Weve been struggling scoring goals so we found a way as a group to score some goals in the second and theres where we took over," said Brassard. Moore scored at 18:44 as he shot the puck towards the goal from along the boards after crossing the blue-line into the Senators zone. McDonagh scored at the 19:44 mark when he tipped a shot in past Lehner, who allowed five goals on 26 shots and was replaced by Nathan Lawson to start the third period. Lawson allowed two goals early and was replaced by Lehner with eight minutes to play after making eight saves. "Were embarrassed. It was a must-win game for us and to give up eight is nothing but unacceptable," Spezza said. "They get the lead and we just unravel. Its kind have been the same thing all year for us. We havent been consistent enough and able to play with leads enough and it seems like tonight was a microcosm of a lot of things." Rick Nash scored a short-handed goal in the first period for the Rangers (37-29-4) while Derek Stepan, Brassard and Nash, into an empty net, scored in the third. Lundqvist made 16 saves in the second period and finished with 35 overall. Mike Hoffman and Mika Zibanejad scored first-period goals for the Senators (28-27-13), who have lost four straight and eight of their past 10. Milan Michalek and Bobby Ryan had goals in the third for Ottawa. With just 14 games remaining in the regular season the Senators trail the Rangers by nine points for the final playoff spot and there are three other teams between the two clubs. "We knew it before the game. We talked about it, we touched on it that these were four points essentially, and to give up eight at home is awful," Senators forward Bobby Ryan said with regards to the importance of the game. "Were going to have to review a lot and see but the only thing we can do is come to the rink tomorrow, maybe not with a fresh attitude but with the attitude that we have to get better in some areas, and hope that if we do the right things there is still time to clean this mess up." The night started well for the Senators as Hoffman scored on a one-timer from the point seven minutes into the game, and just seconds later they were awarded a power play when Carl Hagelin was called for hooking. Hoffman was playing the point on the power play and he got stripped of the puck at the New York blue-line by Nash who went in and beat Lehner far side. The Senators levelled their power plays four minutes later when Zibanejad scored with the man advantage sending the Senators into the first break ahead 2-1. Notes- Matt Kassian, Patrick Wiercioch and Craig Anderson were scratches for the Senators Tuesday. Scratches for the Rangers were Raphael Diaz, Derek Dorsett, Ryan Haggerty and Justin FaulkaErik Karlsson continues to lead all NHL defencemen in scoring with 61 points. He also leads the Senators in scoringaThe last time Robin Lehner started three straight games before Tuesday was back in early November. He won all three and was named the NHL first star of the weekaHenrik Lundqvist is officially the King of New York as he became the winningest goaltender in the history of the Rangers with 302 wins, one more than Mike Richter. Lundqvist is also one shutout shy of 50 for his careeraThe Rangers have not allowed a power play goal against in their past eight games prior to Tuesday and were shorthanded 21 times over that span and had scored three shorthanded goals. Cheap NBA Jerseys . I kept my eyes focused up on the camera during each approach. I just tried to stay focused on my form, as I didnt know what the ball reaction was. I was quite emotional at the end. I did not actually see any of the shots in the game until I got home and watched the video. Vincent Edwards Jersey . Toronto (11-12) gave up leads in 10-8 and 11-4 losses to the Baltimore Orioles this week. It was never close Friday as the Boston Red Sox got to Mark Buehrle early en route to an 8-1 win. http://www.cheaprocketsjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-deanthony-melton-jersey . - The Toronto Blue Jays have optioned pitchers Kyle Drabek, Chad Jenkins and Sean Nolin to triple-A Buffalo.Twitter is a difficult medium upon which to have a debate. 140 characters simply isnt enough to state ones case on any subject, let alone to have a back-and-forth discussion with a number of interested parties. Such was the case the other day, when the topic of substitutions in youth soccer games was broached. Unlimited substitutions - where players are free to be substituted and to re-enter a game as often as the coach likes - is a rule that exists in many leagues across the country. In recreational soccer, where equal playing time is a priority, this rule is completely understandable. It allows coaches to manage playing time more effectively, ensuring that young players are getting as much time on the field as possible. Even in competitive soccer, this rule is acceptable. While some coaches abuse the rule - to rest their star players for a few minutes or to micromanage their teams tactics - most coaches use it to ensure that all of their players receive a fair amount of playing time. The discussion gets more complicated, though, when you consider unlimited substitutions in high-performance youth soccer, which begins for players aged 12 and up. Leagues such as the BCSPL in British Columbia; the LSEQ in Quebec; and the OPDL in Ontario (set to begin play in 2014) are high-performance leagues designed to provide the optimal learning environment for our best young players. These leagues have slight differences in their structures, but their intent is the same - to fully develop the technical, tactical, physical and mental abilities of our best young players. The argument in favour of unlimited substitutions tends to come down to this: the coach feels that the best way to teach the player is to reinforce coaching points during the game, whenever a mistake or teaching moment occurs, by removing the player from the game for a detailed explanation. The ability to substitute a player at that time, in order to explain the coaching point on the sidelines, is central to this argument. I disagree with this perspective, for a number of reasons. First, I believe that in order to learn, players must be given the freedom to make mistakes within a game. It is part of their learning process and we, as coaches, should avoid micromanaging players on the field of play. If we dont, we become what I refer to as joystick coaches; using players to fulfill our idea of how the game is supposed to unfold, almost like a human video game. By micromanaging players, we also run the risk of destroying their natural creative instincts. Those instincts need to be nourished and encouraged, not suppressed and stymied. This is exactly what unlimited substitutions promotes, because players live in fear of making a mistake and being taken off of the field. We want to develop more creative players in Canada, not less. Second, good coaches make mental or written notes during a half of play, in order to address those coaching points at the half-time break or during the post-game debrief. Substituting one player in order to address a coaching point with them (only to put them back into the game moments later) isolates that player and deprives his/hher teammates of benefiting from that same lesson. Cheap Rockets Jerseys Authentic. For example, if a player is repeatedly receiving the ball with a closed body shape (facing the ball squarely when receiving a pass, as opposed to being side-on where they are able to see the ball and the space around them), isnt that a coaching point that all of the players should learn? Would it not be preferable to explain that coaching point to everyone, so that they may all benefit from that lesson? And is that not a lesson that can delivered during the half-time or post-game debrief, and then practiced in training? Third, high-performance leagues like the BCSPL, the LSEQ and the OPDL are intended to involve our best young players - our top prospects. Some of these players will be selected for our provincial and national youth teams, will be vying for places in professional club academies, and as they get older, will be vying for soccer scholarships and professional contracts. It is vitally important, then, that we gradually develop the energy systems they use in order to play a full 90-minute game when they reach the appropriate age. The development of the aerobic and anaerobic capacities of the players will never be maximized if coaches use unlimited substitutions to give players a breather during games. It is a crutch that players use when they are tired, rather than modifying their play to adapt to the physical demands at any given point during a game. This adaptability is essential at the elite levels to which these players aspire, and if we are not going to develop that adaptability during their developmental years, it will never be fully realized. Finally, I feel that a coachs stance on the use of substitutions in high-performance youth games is shaped by their attitude towards the games themselves. Far too many coaches involved at this level view the outcomes of games as a reflection of their coaching ability, rather than as a tool to measure the learning needs of their players. If their team wins, they consider themselves a great coach. If their team loses, they view themselves as failures. This attitude needs to change. Coaches are teachers, and should view themselves as such. Their job is to teach their players the skills they need to advance to the next stage of their soccer careers. Yes, results are important to the self-esteem of the developing player, but at no time should the result of a game be put ahead of the learning needs of the players involved. A big part of the teaching process for youngsters involves players being allowed to make mistakes during games. No mistake is so great that it cannot wait until half-time or post-game for an explanation. In the worst case scenario, a player can be called over to the sideline to have the coaching point explained to them, after which they can carry on playing. This approach will only work, however, if the coach views the game as a learning experience for every player. As Confucius once said, "I hear and I forget; I see and I remember; I do and I understand." The time for players to hear and see (and try) is in training. The time for them to do is during a game. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: