Jonny Bairstow reveals which caped hero he would dress up as, plus reflects on Englands Headingley victory, his second Test ton

in Fragen 25.08.2018 02:48
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

Jonny Bairstow reveals which caped hero he would dress up as, plus reflects on Englands Headingley victory, his second Test ton and Leeds Rhinos struggles… Headingley was a great Test match for myself and the team - and I also had a lot of fun chuckling at the crowd!There were loads of people in fancy dress - I saw foxes, plus Zippy from Rainbow and much, much more, and it just goes to show how great a place Headingley is to play and watch cricket. Cheap Trae Young Jersey . Jonny says he fancies dressing up as Robin If I attended I would probably come as Ron Weasley from Harry Potter - I have the hair for it - but having been to university I am no stranger to fancy dress, while I have pretended to be Batmans sidekick Robin in the past.Liam Plunkett would probably be my Batman - thats who he turned up as at a Yorkshire end-of-season do and as he is a bit taller than me we would probably look the part.Im sure there will be plenty of fancy dress up at Durham, too, with it being Bank Holiday Weekend, and I expect there will be people wanting to outdo the Yorkshire folk in those stakes. Im sure the Durham fans will be disappointed that Ben Stokes is out injured and so are we - we know the qualities he possesses in all departments.Hes our fourth seamer, a destructive batsman at No 6, and is superb fielding either in the slips or in the outfield, so it will be a big loss.Stokesy, too, will be frustrated that he wont be out there - thats the sort of competitor he is - but as he has two kids Im sure he will be kept pretty busy!We wish him a really speedy recovery, and we know that whoever comes in will do a sterling job. Jonny Bairstow’s return to the England team came about in the fifth ODI against New Zealand last summer SpecialI now have two Test centuries to my name after my 140 at Headingley, and although they have come in completely different scenarios, both were very special.The first one, my 150 not out against South Africa in Cape Town, was huge because it was my first in an England shirt but the second was big, too, as it was on my home ground with the side in a more difficult position.I didnt tell myself too much when I came in at 83-5 - you dont want to change too much about the way you have been playing so I didnt consciously adapt anything. Bob Willis and The Verdict panel praise Jonny Bairstow’s hundred against Sri Lanka at Headingley and look at the strides he has made since his early Tests I was slightly nervous in the nineties - if youre not in that situation then I think theres something wrong with you - but thankfully I was able get over the line.I enjoyed my partnership with Alex Hales - the runs he scored and the length of time he batted was imperative for us as we set a total that helped us win the game.Steven Finn played his part, too - his flick for four off sixth stump was an epic shot! He was delighted and we had a real laugh about it, but we quickly told him to get back in his box! Steven Finn, perhaps surprisingly, played some glorious shots at Headingley TurnaroundI didnt get to see much of Magic Weekend with the Test overlapping with it but it was obviously disappointing to see my side, Leeds, beaten by Wigan.Its been a real tough start for the team and they are currently bottom of the table, but they are a tough unit and have a brilliant fan base which will stand them in good stead.We must not forget that they won the Super League and Challenge Cup double last season and that over a long period of time the club has achieved a huge amount of success. Highlights from the Magic Weekend match between Leeds and Wigan The quality in the side is unbelievable and it will only take one or two games and for one or two things to go their way and then they will be on a roll - thats the nature of sport.Its like my golf game - Im hitting it really well at the minute but no doubt it wont be too long before it turns around and I am playing a few more shots than I would like!Watch live coverage of Englands second Test with Sri Lanka, from 10am, Friday, Sky Sports 2. Also See: WATCH: Players of First Test England fixtures/results Beefy backs Root, Broad Sri Lanka fixtures/results Cheap Atlanta Hawks Jerseys .A. Happs hold on a spot in the Blue Jays starting rotation is in question. Cheap DeAndre Bembry Jersey . The Braves optioned outfielder Jose Constanza to Triple-A Gwinnett. As expected, the Braves also called up right-hander Julio Teheran from Gwinnett to start Sundays game and optioned backup catcher J. http://www.cheaphawksjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-jeremy-lin-jersey . The 30-year-old Kottaras served as Kansas Citys backup catcher last season after being claimed off waivers from Oakland in January.St. Paul, MN (SportsNetwork.com) - Marc-Edouard Vlasic scored the winner again, burying a slap shot with 1:52 remaining in overtime to lift the San Jose Sharks to a 4-3 victory over the Minnesota Wild on Tuesday night. The Sharks snapped a seven-game losing streak against the Wild at Xcel Energy Center when Vlasics shot from above the left circle near the boards flew past Darcy Kuemper on the near side. The defenseman also gave San Jose a dramatic 3-2 win on Monday in Winnipeg, scoring with 4.5 seconds left in regulation. Melker Karlsson, Joe Pavelski and Tommy Wingels scored three consecutive goals to give the Sharks a 3-2 lead in the third period, but Jason Zuckers second goal of the game tied it for Minnesota. We stuck with it as much as we could, said Wingels. We made some mistakes there and they were able to tie the game, but we were fighting in the corners and winning some battles. Zucker added an assist for three points and Jared Spurgeon also scored for the Wild, who fell to 2-4-4 in their last 10 games. They were coming off a 7-1 loss in Dallas on Saturday. I thought we competed and fought well, said Minnesota defenseman Ryan Suter. Of course theres some plays wed like to have back, but we stuck with them the whole game. Alex Stalock made 28 saves for San Jose and Kuemper stopped 22 shots for the Wild. Pavelski tied the game at 2-2 6:21 into the third period, scoring on a snap shot directly after Logan Couture won a faceoff in the left circle. Cheap Mike Bibby Jersey. Wingels gave the Sharks a 3-2 lead just 74 seconds later, driving to the net to score on his own rebound after his original shot was deflected by a Wild defenseman and fluttered into Kuemper. Zuckers second goal came at 12:12 of the third period, tying the score. He tapped in Charlie Coyles sharp-angle pass from near the right boards into the crease. Minnesota killed off a late San Jose power play after Thomas Vanek was sent off for interference with 2:02 left in regulation. Earlier, Stalock turned the puck over after icing was waived off and Jason Pominville raced in to tip the goaltenders attempted clearing pass, leading to Zuckers first goal at 15:21 of the opening period. Good puck movement set up Spurgeons goal just 2:01 later on a one-timer from the right circle off Zuckers pass from behind the goal line. Karlsson scored for the third consecutive game, drawing the Sharks within 2-1 at 10:54 of the second period. Game Notes Wild forward Zach Parise missed the game to be will his family while his father, former NHL star J.P., battles lung cancer, the team said ... The Wild continue a three-game homestand on Thursday against Chicago ... The Sharks finish a three-game road trip on Thursday in St. Louis. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: