The 2013 season is quickly becoming one to forget for Chad Kackert

in Fragen 25.08.2018 05:56
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.801 Beiträge

TORONTO -- The 2013 season is quickly becoming one to forget for Chad Kackert. Ito Smith Jersey . The Toronto Argonauts running back hurt his left ankle during the teams practice Friday afternoon at Rogers Centre. The extent of the injury wasnt immediately known but certainly leaves questions regarding the third-year players availability Nov. 17 when the Argos host either Hamilton or Montreal in the East Division final. Argos head coach Scott Milanovich didnt sound overly optimistic when discussing the injury. "We dont think it was a minor injury," he said. "From what I saw, it was just kind of a freak deal. "It looked like he was kind of slipping through the line of scrimmage and I dont know that even if anyone touched him. You be as careful as you can but sometimes you cant avoid things." Kackert, the MVP of Torontos Grey Cup victory last November against Calgary, has missed time this season with knee and shoulder injuries as well as a concussion. However, the five-foot-eight, 206-pound Kackert was Torontos leading rusher this season, running for 480 yards on 71 carries (6.8-yard average) with three touchdowns. The former New Hampshire star added 23 catches for 184 yards and a TD. Kackert enjoyed his best season with Toronto last year, rushing for 638 yards on 100 carries with five TDs. He was named the Grey Cup MVP after running for 133 yards on 20 carries and adding 62 yards receiving on eight catches in the Argos 35-22 win over Calgary at Rogers Centre. Kackert re-signed with Toronto in the off-season. If Kackert is unable to play Nov. 17, the Argos would look to either Jerious Norwood or Curtis Steele -- both CFL rookies -- as his replacement. Norwood was Torontos second-leading rusher this year with 342 yards on 58 carries (5.9-yard average) with one touchdown. Steele ran for 187 yards on 39 carries (4.8-yard average) with three TDs this season. "If we were to lose him, I think the guys understand this is football and this type of thing happens," Milanovich said. "They will rally around Jerious and Curtis or whoever is in there. "Fortunately all those guys have played and played in meaningful games. If Chads not able to go well be sorry for him but well move on and try to win for him." Tony Gonzalez Jersey . -- The Oakland Raiders expect to have starting right tackle Tony Pashos back for Sundays game against the Houston Texans. Falcons Jerseys From China . Dane Dobbie and Shawn Evans each had two goals and two assists for the Roughnecks (8-5), who outscored Minnesota 6-2 in the fourth quarter after being tied through 45 minutes. Curtis Dickson scored once and set up three more for Calgary and Dan MacRae, Geoff Snider, Tor Reinholdt, Karsen Leung and Matthew Dinsdale. http://www.cheapfalconsjerseyschina.com/foyesade-oluokun-jersey/ .Y. - Matt Harvey wants to make sure hes on the mound in late October — if the New York Mets get there for the first time since 2006.VANCOUVER -- Make it 411 minutes and counting for the Vancouver Whitecaps. Darren Mattocks had two great chances in the first half Saturday, but again failed to connect along with the rest of his teammates as the Whitecaps were shut out for a fourth straight game in a 0-0 draw with D.C. United. The Whitecaps have not scored since Mattocks effort in the 39th minute of a 2-0 victory over Sporting Kansas City on Aug. 10. Thats more than nine halves of soccer, or nearly seven hours of play. "I wouldnt say its frustrating. We created some very good chances. Unfortunately we didnt put one away. Thats the game sometimes," said Mattocks. "Sometimes it goes in, sometimes it doesnt. Weve just got to keep doing what were doing and its going to go in eventually." But it hasnt in almost a month for a Whitecaps side that earned a point against the best team in Major League Soccers Eastern Conference, but dropped to 1-3-6 in its last ten. The lack of finish has been to blame most nights during that stretch for Vancouver (7-6-13), and this one was no different. "Its tough," said Whitecaps head coach Carl Robinson. "But its tough for them as well because we put in a good 90-plus minutes -- a hard-working performance. Im proud of them tonight, because they gave me everything but we didnt come out with the result. Weve just got to keep going. "You do go through periods. You go through winning streaks and losing streaks and tough streaks." Saturday was the fifth 0-0 draw of the season for Vancouver, which has been shut out in five of its last six while tumbling down the Western Conference standings after a bright start to the season. The scoreless tie does temporarily move the Whitecaps level on points with Portland for the fifth and final playoff spot in the West, but the Timbers host the San Jose Earthquakes on Sunday. Meanwhile, United (14-8-5) padded its lead atop the East and improved to 3-1-1 over its last five. Following a spirited first half where both teams had chances, Vancouver midfielder Pedro Morales fired a shot from outside the penalty area moments after the break that D.C. goalkeeper Bill Hamid handled. Whitecaps defender Jordan Harvey then sent a diving header just wide in the 50th minute from in close that almost brought the crowd of 18,116 at B.C. Place Stadium to its feet. The game lost much of its energy from there, with both sides running out of ideas, although Vancouver did show a bit more initiative moving forward. "I thought we played well. I thought we were the only team that was going to win tonight," said Harvey. "Other than in front of the (D.C.) net, I thought it was a solid performance, just couldnt put it in." Whitecaps goalkeeper David Ousted said the scoring drought is a topic of conversation in the locker-room, but one the entire team has to battle through. "Disappointed. I think we did well. I cant fault the guys out there for the effort," said Ousted, who picked up his eighth cleaan sheet. Russell Gage Jersey. . "They put in a lot of hard work and I thought we were almost there, but almost doesnt get the biscuit." Looking for an answer to his teams scoring woes, Robinson elected to go with Mattocks and Sebastian Fernandez up front to start the game, and a four-man diamond midfield featuring Morales at the top. That left strikers Erik Hurtado and Kekuta Manneh -- who both started in last weekends 3-0 home loss to Portland but are mired in long scoring slumps -- on the bench. Manneh was subbed on for Fernandez in the second half but failed to make an impact. "Hopefully well get a break or well take one of the number of chances we missed tonight," said Robinson. "I thought we played very well. I think at times we played some very good stuff, at times we looked a little bit open but thats going to happen with the shape we played." After a timid opening, Vancouver started to create chances off the break and had the games first opportunity in the 12th minute when Mattocks skied a shot over Hamids goal from in close after some good build up from Morales and Fernandez. Vancouver defender Kendall Waston, making just his second start since being acquired last month, then completely missed a free header in front of the United goal in the 31st off Morales free kick. D.C. striker Fabian Espindola fired a shot from outside the penalty area that Ousted pushed over the bar with his finger tips in the 37th minute, and Espindola was at it again moments later, but his chip went over the Vancouver goal after Ousted came out to challenge the unmarked United man. Mattocks headed another effort at Hamid in the 42nd, before breaking in down the right in added time and ripping a shot that Hamid did well to keep out. Vancouver doesnt have long to dwell on the result or its continued lack of finish with San Jose coming to town on Wednesday night for another key game. "Its just going to be a battle down the stretch," said Harvey. "Weve got to win more than we lose and get some points. Were playing well, we just need to be a little bit more clinical in front of the net -- and that includes everybody. Everybody on the field I feel like had a chance tonight." Notes: Hamid also picked up his eighth shutout of the season. ... Whitecaps defender Ethen Sampson, 20, made his first appearance for the club, starting at right back in place of Steven Beitashour (hip). Sampson was subbed out in the 54th minute for Sam Adekugbe after suffering cramps. ... Vancouver midfielder Gershon Koffie (foot) missed his fourth straight game. ... D.C. was without midfielder Chris Rolfe, who broke his forearm in training on Wednesday and will miss up to six weeks. Rolfe has six goals on the season. ... United striker Eddie Johnson, who has five goals on the year, sat out with a concussion. ... Kimberly Caldwell, Harveys fiancee and a finalist on season two of American Idol, sang the national anthems. ... D.C. visits the New York Red Bulls on Wednesday. Cheap Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Braves Jerseys Cheap Orioles Jerseys Cheap Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Cubs Jerseys Cheap White Sox Jerseys Cheap Reds Jerseys Cheap Indians Jerseys Cheap Rockies Jerseys Cheap Tigers Jerseys Cheap Astros Jerseys Cheap Royals Jerseys Cheap Angels Jerseys Cheap Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Marlins Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: