or his major league-le

in Fragen 25.08.2018 08:08
von huangjian123 • 377 Beiträge

TORONTO – The Boston Bruins dominated the first two games of their first-round playoff series Isaiah Wynn Patriots Jersey , outscoring the Toronto Maple Leafs 12-4.

The series will move to Toronto for the next two games with the reeling Maple Leafs left to try to regain their confidence for Game 3 on Monday night at the Air Canada Centre.

“You work all season to build that confidence,” Maple Leafs center Tyler Bozak said Sunday. “Obviously, the first two games didn’t go as planned. You know you want to go in there, get a split for sure and come home with a win, but now we’re just going to have to go to work at home and get both of these games.”

The Bruins’ top line of Patrice Bergeron, David Pastrnak and Brad Marchand has dominated the Maple Leafs.

Pastrnak had three goals and three assists in the 7-3 victory Saturday night as the Bruins took a 2-0 series lead. The 21-year-old right winger became the youngest player in NHL history with a six-point playoff game.

The six points tied Phil Esposito and Rick Middleton for the Bruins’ franchise playoff record.

Pastrnak has nine points through the Bruins’ first two games, which tied Esposito’s NHL and Bruins records for the most points in the opening two games of a playoff series.

“He’s got that confidence,” said Bergeron, the center on the line. “He wants to be the guy. He wants to make those plays. If we don’t have the puck, he hunts it back. … That’s what amazes me with him.

“There’s a lot of skill players that are skilled when they have the puck and when they don’t have it, they don’t necessarily want it as much as this guy right here. So I think he’s taken a tremendous step this year by the way that he plays away from the puck.”

“Terrific and terrific,” Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy said of the way Boston’s top line played at even strength and on the power play.

“I don’t think I can say any more. I mean, you saw it Cheap Rashaad Penny Jersey , right? They’re on (Saturday night). Hard to play against. Really hard to play against, and they play a 200-foot game. You can talk about Bergy and Marchy on the PK too while you’re at it.”

Bergeron and Marchand each had four assists on Saturday.

Maple Leafs coach Mike Babcock had a brief answer when asked Sunday what needed to be done against the Bruins’ top line.

“We’re going to play hard against them,” he said. “We’ve got last change.”

The Maple Leafs did have a 33-28 advantage in shots on goal, including a 26-22 edge in shots on goal when the teams were at even strength. Toronto had a 63-39 lead in shot attempts in all situations, 51-30 lead at even strength.

“Any way you look at it, we’re down 0-2 and we haven’t been as good as we’re capable of being,” Babcock said. “When you go right through it from — the way I look at it is, there are so many things we can do better.

“They scored a goal that was offside, we didn’t have the stuff, we didn’t do that. Our penalty kill hasn’t been as good, we’ve left our goalies alone. We’ve had two too-many-men-on-the-ice penalties where a guy is substituting for another guy.

“All those things, when you look at it, it hasn’t gone very good. That’s real disappointing. In saying all that Authentic Troy Apke Jersey , this is our first game at home in front of our crowd. We’re going to be great.”

Babcock removed starting goaltender Frederik Andersen after Boston’s fourth goal in the first period and replaced him with Curtis McElhinney.

Andersen will be in goal Monday.

“Oh yeah, for sure, 100 percent,” Babcock said. “He’s our guy. The puck was going in and it wasn’t going our way, so we got him out. .. we haven’t done a very good job in front of him.

“You’ve got to give your goalie a chance to be good. We haven’t done that. Freddie is our guy and he’ll be back tomorrow.”

Babcock was not certain about the status of center Leo Komarov, who left the game Saturday with a lower-body injury. He was to be examined again Sunday.

“What I’m planning on doing is going without him and then if he shows up, then he shows up,” Babcock said.

The Maple Leafs will be without center Nazem Kadri, who is serving the second game of a three-game suspension for his hit on Boston’s Tommy Wingels during the Bruins’ 5-1 victory in Game 1 on Thursday.

Wingels did not play Saturday because of an undisclosed injury but could return for Game 3. Riley Nash also could return Monday. He has missed seven games with a lacerated ear.

Francisco Lindor sensed the Cleveland Indians needed a lift coming off back-to-back losses.

Nothing like a leadoff homer or a late tiebreaking drive to get the job done.

Lindor and Jose Ramirez connected, Mike Clevinger struck out 11 in seven innings and the Indians beat the Chicago White Sox 5-2 on Thursday afternoon.

Lindor opened the game against Carlos Rodon with his 15th home run. He also singled and scored in the seventh when Ramirez broke a 2-all tie with a two-run drive to right-center against Chris Volstad (1-4) for his 20th homer.

”That’s one of the reasons I want to lead off – to get the team going, to do my best to score early and give the team the lead,” Lindor said. ”Whether it’s a home run, a base hit Authentic Marshall Newhouse Jersey , I ended up scoring in the first inning. It’s important. It tells the team, `All right, it’s time to go, we’ve got to win today.”

And this one, he said, was ”extremely important.”

The Indians got another run with two outs in the eighth when reliever Juan Minaya dropped the throw from first baseman Jose Abreu while covering the bag on Greg Allen’s grounder. That allowed Yan Gomes to score from second to make it 5-2.

Clevinger (5-2) gave up two runs and five hits while walking just one batter.

Cody Allen worked the ninth for his 13th save in 14 chances as the AL Central leaders salvaged a four-game split.

Abreu went the opposite way with a two-run homer to the right-field bullpen in the first. But Clevinger shut down the White Sox after that, beating them for the second time this season.

”It was a nice piece of hitting by Abreu, but Clev threw the ball so well,” manager Terry Francona said. ”He put that behind him, and then he got them out the rest of the way.”

Rodon went five innings in his second start back from shoulder surgery in September, allowing two runs and two hits. The 25-year-old left-hander walked three and hit two batters while striking out four.

Manager Rick Renteria said it’s ”like a little bit of spring training” for him. But Rodon wouldn’t go there.

”Nah, I don’t want to make that excuse,” he said. ”When you show up at this level http://www.raidersauthorizedshops.com/authentic-nick-nelson-jersey , it’s time to compete. Go out there and compete for the team, try to win the ballgame.”

GOING DEEP

Lindor has three leadoff homers this season and six in his career. And Abreu moved ahead of Jim Thome and into a tie for 12th place with Minnie Minoso on the White Sox’s all-time list with 135 homers.

TRAINER’S ROOM

Indians: The Indians activated OF Brandon Guyer (strained neck) from the 10-day disabled list and designated OF Melky Cabrera for assignment. Guyer was in the lineup for the first time since he collided with a fan while chasing a foul ball at Houston on May 19. As for Cabrera, manager Terry Francona said the team ”didn’t see a way we were going to be able to keep” him with Guyer back and OF Tyler Naquin (strained left hamstring) just about ready to return.

White Sox: RHP Nate Jones (strained muscle in forearm) called it ”a relief” tests showed no structural damage in his surgically repaired arm. He said he had been ”self-treating” himself for a few weeks after experiencing some soreness but realized he needed more help when he felt a burning sensation during Tuesday’s win over Cleveland. Jones had Tommy John surgery on his pitching elbow last season. He is 2-2 with a 4.01 ERA and four saves in 27 appearances this year. … Renteria said OF Avisail Garcia (strained right hamstring) – on a rehab assignment with Triple-A Charlotte – ”feels healthy, feels sound.”

UP NEXT

Indians: RHP Corey Kluber (10-2, 1.99) goes for his major league-leading 11th win as the Indians open a three-game series against RHP Kyle Gibson (1-4, 3.45) and the Minnesota Twins.

White Sox: RHP Reynaldo Lopez (2-4, 3.26) eyes his second straight win as the White Sox open a three-game series against RHP Mike Fiers (5-3, 4.01) and the Detroit Tigers. Lopez pitched into the seventh at Boston on Sunday.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: