.Anderson will turn 34 this summer but he is keen to play on for as long as he is physically possible.The way I feel at the mome

in Fragen 25.08.2018 11:11
von jj009 • 544 Beiträge

SAN DIEGO -- Much of the buzz around the Brewers going into Tuesday nights game centered on the major league debut of touted shortstop Orlando Arcia.In the end, it was an old hand who powered Milwaukee to a 3-2 win over the San Diego Padres.Ryan Braun hit a tiebreaking homer in his return to the lineup after missing five games with a sore right side.It was big, for sure, Brewers manager Craig Counsell said.So was Zach Davies performance. Davies (9-4) won for the ninth time in 10 decisions by limiteding the Padres to two runs and six hits over 5 2/3 innings. The right-hander, who struck out four and walked two, won his third straight start.Its easy to be confident when you see how the game unfolds, Davies said. There was good defense behind me and the bullpen was still good, even though some guys were missing.Tyler Thornburg worked the ninth for his third save, one day after the Brewers traded closer Jeremy Jeffress and reliable reliever Will Smith.Every pitch was a high-stress pitch, Counsell said. The bullpen did a nice job.Luis Perdomos downfall was a two-run sixth, highlighted by Brauns 15th homer. Perdomo (5-5) was charged with three runs and 10 hits in 6 2/3 innings while throwing a career-high 113 pitches. He walked four (two intentional) and struck out six.Perdomo was pretty tough, Counsell said. His sinker was pretty good, but Braun got a slider.Davies was tougher.He has really established himself, Counsell said. In the first two innings he had to battle out of some jams, but then he got on a really good roll.Jonathan Villar and Hernan Perez had three hits apiece as Milwaukee won for the fifth time in six games.Arcia, the teams top prospect, went 0 for 4 with a strikeout after getting called up from Triple-A Colorado Springs.Braun hit Perdomos first pitch of the sixth over the left-field fence to give the Brewers a 2-1 advantage.The pitch he probably wants back is that first-pitch breaking ball to Braun, Padres manager Andy Green said. (The slider) probably wasnt our best pitch selection.Milwaukee made it 3-1 when Perez followed with an infield single and came around on Chris Carters double down the left-field line.The Padres sliced the deficit to 3-2 in the sixth on Jabari Blashs run-scoring single that glanced off Villars glove at third base. Carlos Torres relieved Davies and got Derek Norris to fly out with two on.Norris RBI single tied the score at 1 in the fourth. Norris drove in Blash, who walked and stole second.The Brewers took a 1-0 lead in the fourth thanks to some help from the Padres.Perez opened with a fly to right and Blash took a curious route in tracking it. He got twisted around and the ball hit the warning track, bouncing into the seats for a ground-rule double.Perez stole third and scampered home on Perdomos wild pitch.The Padres had two baserunners in each of the first two innings but failed to score.I focused a little bit more after that and mechanically smoothed some things out, Davies said.TRAINERS ROOMPadres: INF/OF Alexi Amarista was placed on the 15-day DL after straining his left hamstring while running the bases Monday night.UP NEXTBrewers: RHP Junior Guerra (7-2, 2.70 ERA) is 4-1 with a 1.47 ERA over his last seven starts, producing quality starts in six of them. In his only career start against the Padres, he threw six scoreless innings in a win on May 13.Padres: RHP Edwin Jackson (1-2, 5.46) makes his third start at Petco Park and the Padres hope its more like his first one than his last one. Jackson was tagged with the loss on Friday against the Reds, giving up six runs in five innings. On July 17 at Petco, he took a no-hitter into the seventh inning in a win over the Giants. Saucony Shoes Outlet Online . "I dont know that were close," said general manager Alex Anthopoulos. "I just think, right now, the acquisition cost just doesnt work for us right now. I dont know if I can quantify how far off or things like that that they might be but I would say we continue to have dialogue. Saucony Shoes Outlet Store . Miller reached right to deflect Mikhail Grabovskis attempt with just over 2 minutes remaining in regulation, and then made two more saves in the shootout Sunday to give the Sabres a 2-1 win over the Washington Capitals. http://www.sauconyoutletonline.com/ .C. -- Rodney Hood connected from all over the court while freshman Jabari Parker was busy swatting shots and scoring in transition. Cheap Saucony Shoes Outlet . PETERSBURG, Fla. Discount Saucony Shoes Outlet . Irving scored 23 points, Tristan Thompson had 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Cavaliers beat the Denver Nuggets 117-109 on Friday night.James Anderson has urged England to build on their winter series win in South Africa when Test action resumes this summer. England won the four-Test series 2-1 to move to fifth in the ICC Test world rankings.The national sides next two assignments see them play Sri Lanka and Pakistan, and Anderson - who is scheduled to play the first three games of the county championship season for Lancashire - says it is vital England build on their winter success. Our Test form has been a bit inconsistent so it was nice to get a series win out in South Africa against the number one team in the world, he told Sky Sports News HQ. This summer its important for us not to rest on the success of that tour, weve got to keep improving. James Anderson This summer its important for us not to rest on the success of that tour, weve got to keep improving.Weve got two strong Test teams in Sri Lanka and Pakistan coming up and we need to keep improving and get some good results against them.Andersons presence in the Lancasshire squad for their first three fixtures has been described as a massive boost to the team by captain Steven Croft, and the seamer is happy to be on board for an extended period of time.ddddddddddddIt can be difficult coming in just for the odd game so its going to be nice to be around the squad for a little bit and to feel like a full member of the squad, Anderson said. Im really looking forward to the first few games and hopefully we can get off to a good start.Since we won the County Championship in 2011 our four-day form has been a bit inconsistent and weve been up and down.So weve got to try to stay in division one for a few years and set a foundation to build on.Anderson will turn 34 this summer but he is keen to play on for as long as he is physically possible.The way I feel at the moment I feel fit and fresh and Ill try to stay on the park for as long as possible, he said.Ive just got to keep taking wickets and as long as Im doing that Ill keep playing as long as my body allows. Also See: WATCH: Monday Night Cricket ODI series: Key moments WATCH: Roy in the nets England fixtures/results Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: