run double by pinch-hitter Reid Brignac off Carlos Martinez in the eighth. The Cardinals streak of retiring 40 straight batters

in Fragen 26.08.2018 15:48
von t123 • 2.563 Beiträge

ST. LOUIS -- Jorge De La Rosa answered a pair of pitching gems by the St. Louis Cardinals with one of his own. The Colorado Rockies offence woke up, too. De La Rosa held St. Louis hitless into the seventh inning and Troy Tulowitzkis three-run homer ended Colorados scoreless streak at 28 innings, sending the Rockies to an 8-2 victory Sunday. "I definitely think it was a big hit and it took some pressure off Jorge," Tulowitzki said. "He didnt feel like he had to be perfect, even though he was real close to being perfect." De La Rosa did not allow a hit until David Freeses two-out single in the seventh. "You try to stay calm," the pitcher said. "I think that helps, but I started feeling tired the last few innings. I think thats why I left a couple of pitches up and they hit (them) very good." Mets lefty Johan Santana pitched a no-hitter against the Cardinals last year. Freese flashed back to that game, which ended when he struck out. "You never want to lose a game. You never want to get no-hit, either," Freese said. "I remember last year it was pretty frustrating against Santana and it was creeping up on us. "So it was nice to get it out of the way." Charlie Blackmon added a two-run homer off Jaime Garcia (4-2) for the Rockies, who snapped a four-game skid. They finished with 11 hits after totalling three in consecutive shutout losses to rookie Shelby Miller and Adam Wainwright. "Jaime definitely had a couple of pretty tough acts to follow," Cardinals manager Mike Matheny said. "He came out and looked pretty good at the beginning, and had a couple things happen that didnt quite go his way." Nolan Arenado, who singled with one out in the eighth to break up Wainwrights no-hit bid Saturday, was among four Rockies with two hits apiece. "Its too good of an offensive lineup to stay down too long," manager Walt Weiss said. "Tulo had a big home run that got us going." The Cardinals lost for just the second time in 11 games. Pinch-hitter Matt Adams RBI single off Matt Belisle in a two-run ninth ended Colorados shutout bid. De La Rosa (4-3) struck out seven and allowed two hits in seven innings, baffling the Cardinals until Freese singled sharply to right off the glove of diving first baseman Jordan Pacheco and Jon Jay followed with a double. De La Rosa finished his longest outing of the season, and his best showing on the road by far, by getting Pete Kozma on a lineout to first. De La Rosa entered 1-3 with a 5.13 ERA on the road and 2-0 at home with 12 scoreless innings. This was the fourth time he worked six or more scoreless innings, and he carries a 13-inning scoreless streak into his next outing. Tulowitzkis eighth homer and first on the road since April 9 stopped the Rockies scoreless streak two innings shy of the team record. They went 30 innings without a run from Sept. 30 to Oct. 3, 2010, according to STATS. The Rockies entered the weekend with the top offence in the National League and still led with a .266 batting average going into the finale of the three-game series. Tulowitzki was 0 for 6 in the first two games with five strikeouts and Carlos Gonzalez had been hitless in 15 at-bats before finishing with two singles and a walk. Blackmon batted eighth after being called up earlier in the day to replace Michael Cuddyer, placed on the 15-day disabled list with a neck injury. Blackmon got a nice ovation for his fourth career homer after mistakenly getting introduced as a player making his major league debut during his first at-bat. "Oh my gosh," Blackmon said. "Thats unbelievable. Who does that? It wasnt my first home run, but they thought it was." Colorado had five hits in the first three innings after totalling three and going 40 consecutive at-bats without a hit the previous two days. The Rockies have never been shut out three straight times. Garcia had won three straight starts before giving up five runs in six innings and falling to 0-3 with a 10.53 ERA against the Rockies in four starts -- his highest against any opponent. He entered as the career ERA leader at 8-year-old Busch Stadium at 2.41. "How many starts have I made against them?" Garcia said. "You know what, I didnt even think about that at all. Obviously, they have a really good lineup but I dont think about those things." The lefty gave up just two homers in his first seven starts and entered with a 2.25 ERA overall. Pacheco doubled with one out in the first to stop a 34-inning drought since the teams last extra-base hit, also according to STATS. The Rockies finished with five extra-base hits, including a two-run double by pinch-hitter Reid Brignac off Carlos Martinez in the eighth. The Cardinals streak of retiring 40 straight batters is tied for the second-longest in the majors since 1974, two shy of the record set by the Seattle Mariners from Aug. 14-17 last year, with Felix Hernandez throwing a perfect game on Aug. 15. Rangers pitchers retired 40 in a row in 1996. NOTES: Gonzalez had two singles and a walk and is 6 for 12 against Garcia. ... Cardinals pitchers had a 2.02 ERA the previous 10 games. ... Cardinals C Yadier Molina was 0 for 3, ending an 11-game hitting streak. He had five hits in the first two games of the series. ... Jay has a nine-game hitting streak with 14 hits. China Jerseys Online .C. Lions has come to an end. Banks told TSN on Jan 2 that he had no interest in playing out the option year of his contract with the Lions in 2014, and he again made that clear in a conversation with Lions GM Wally Buono last week. Wholesale China Jerseys . The Barrie Colts defenceman, who impressed many with his play for Canada at the World Junior Hockey Championship, is the top-ranked skater in the February rankings. He has 19 goals and 24 assists for 43 points in 45 games with the Colts this season. http://www.chinawholesalejerseysnfl.com/ . -- Los Angeles Lakers guard Jordan Farmar will be out for roughly four weeks after tearing his left hamstring. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . Once again, DeLaet finished tied for second at a PGA Tour stop on the weekend, this time at the Waste Management Phoenix Open. The pride of Weyburn, Sask. Cheap NFL Jerseys . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. Junior lightweight titlist Vasyl Lomachenko and Nicholas Axe Man Walters, who had been on track to fight this past June, will get it on after Walters finally came around and agreed to the bout, one of the best that can be made in the weight division.Walters signed a contract for the long-awaited fight on Tuesday, Top Rank vice president Carl Moretti told ESPN.com. Lomachenko and Walters will meet for Lomachenkos 130-pound world title on Nov. 26 in the main event of an HBO-televised card, probably at The Cosmopolitan in Las Vegas.Much thanks and appreciation must be given to HBO management for stepping up and getting this done, Moretti said of the network, which has had budget issues all year. Were talking Lomachenko, who is the best boxer, bar none, from 126 to 135 pounds, against Nicholas, who is a vicious puncher at any weight. Walters is as tough as they come and is so motivated for this fight. Walters has a Ph.D. in boxing -- poor, hungry and determined.Top Rank tried to make the fight for this past June 11, but issues over the weight for the bout and then over Walters unhappiness with the purse killed it. The 28-year-old Lomachenko (6-1, 4 KOs), a featherweight world titleholder at the time, agreed to move up in weight because he wanted to fight Walters. He even offered to supplement Walters purse by an additional $300,000 out of his own purse if Walters were to win the fight. Walters, who initially asked for $1 million, turned down a career-high $550,000 as well as the opportunity to add the $300,000 extra with a victory.With Walters rejecting the fight, Lomachenko, a two-time Olympic gold medalist from Ukraine and one of the greatest amateur boxers in history, moved up to junior lightweight anyway and scored a spectacular fifth-round knockout of Roman Rocky Martinez on June 11 in New York to win a world title, which he will defend for the first time against Walters.We tried before to make this fight but we didnt have enough funds to do the fight based on what Nicholas was asking for, and now weve increased what we originally offered and we can do the fight, Top Rank chairman Bob Arum told ESPN.com, adding that Walters would earn more than the $550,000 he turned down last time but that Lomachenko is not offering him a win bonus. For me its the best fight we could put on at this point with Lomachenko. He is in my mind the best fighter in the world. I ennjoy watching him so much.dddddddddddd I get such a kick out of him and all the things he can do in that ring. Hes the best in the world, so the challenge is to get him the biggest possible test in every fight because that then corroborates my view of him.Unlike some fighters, who like to go easy once in a while, we look to get him the toughest possible guy out there to fight him because that is what he wants -- the toughest, most dangerous guys. In this case, its Walters.Walters won a featherweight world title in 2012 and defended the belt three times, including what served as his coming-out party: a blistering sixth-round knockout of titleholder Nonito Donaire in October 2014.But in his next fight, Walters (26-0-1, 21 KOs), 30, of Jamaica, failed to make weight for a June 2015 defense against Miguel Marriaga and was stripped of the title, although he easily outpointed Marriaga while the title remained vacant. In December, he moved up to junior lightweight and fought Jason Sosa to a wildly controversial majority draw in a bout virtually everybody had Walters winning easily.The issue over his purse has kept him idle since, but now he has agreed to face Lomachenko, who won a world title in his third professional bout to tie a 39-year-old record for fewest bouts needed to win a world title.Lomachenko easily outpointed Gary Russell Jr. to win a vacant featherweight belt in June 2014 and made three successful defenses before blasting out Martinez for the junior lightweight belt. Lomachenko, a 2008 and 2012 Olympic gold medalist, equaled the record set by Thailands Saensak Muangsurin, who won a junior welterweight title in 1975 in his third professional fight.Arum said Lomachenko is driven by history and titles more than money.He wants the best challengers and for him the titles mean everything, Arum said. So if he goes up to lightweight, Id have to match him with a champion. But right now were at the point where he has a top challenger in Walters.Last time we tried to make the fight it didnt work out and maybe it wound up working out for the better because Lomachenko got the opportunity to fight for a world title against Martinez. Now Walters will make more money than we could offer him before because HBO is willing to pay more now. Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: