TORONTO - Jermain Defoe has been where Gilberto is — under the microscope and unable to score goals. [url=http://www.baseballmar

in Dressur 17.04.2018 11:31
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Marcus Ball had to take the long road to realizing a childhood dream. Josh Robinson Jersey . The former Toronto Argonauts linebacker will finally get a shot at cracking an NFL roster after signing a three-year deal with the New Orleans Saints. Ball, wholl turn 27 in July, was undrafted out of Memphis and had to look north to get his start in pro football. "Im very blessed," Ball said during a telephone interview. "Its a fortunate opportunity to be able to achieve one of my ultimate goals and something Ive dreamt about since I was a kid starting out playing football. "This doesnt guarantee anything. I still have to go and fight for a position and spot on the roster but Im looking forward to the challenge." The six-foot-one, 209-pound Ball spent two seasons with the Argos, helping them win the 100th Grey Cup in 12. He recorded 142 tackles, seven sacks, four interceptions -- returning two for TDs -- and three fumble recoveries. Ball is expected to compete for a spot as a backup safety with the Saints and also play special teams. The club has two other safeties -- Jairus Byrd and Kenny Vaccaro -- on its roster. But Ball said his time in Toronto has prepared him well to compete for an NFL roster spot. "Being in a professional system and figuring out how to be a pro and learning how to be a pro in Toronto really helped me," he said. "Being in such a great organization in terms of ownership, (GM) Jim Barker, (former defensive co-ordinator) Chris Jones and (head coach) Scott Milanovich and being part of that championship mentality taught me a lot." Barker released Ball in February even though Ball was entering the option year of his CFL deal. Ball said hell forever be grateful to the Argos GM for allowing him to pursue his NFL dream. "That just speaks volumes about the kind of guy and person Jim Barker is," Ball said. "He has always believed in me, he has always been there for me and treated me like his own, as has the entire Argos staff and front office, thats what I really appreciated. "This is bitter-sweet because I love Toronto and will always consider Toronto home. Its tough to leave but now I have the opportunity to accomplish my dream." Dan Vertlieb, Balls Vancouver-based agent, echoed his clients sentiments. "Marcus is incredibly grateful to Jim Barker and the Toronto Argonauts for allowing him this opportunity," Vertlieb said. "Jim, in particular, has been a leader and visionary on this issue and in doing so has given Marcus the opportunity to best provide for his family. "Its not something that will soon be forgotten -- Marcus will be forever grateful for his time with the Argos." Last fall, receiver/kick-returner Chris Williams -- also a Vertlieb client -- became embroiled in a dispute with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats regarding his desire to pursue NFL opportunities while still under contract. Williams went to arbitration to be released from the final year of his CFL deal before ultimately reaching an agreement with the Ticats that allowed him to sign as a free agent with the Saints. Williams is now with the Chicago Bears. Ball is the third Toronto player to sign in the NFL after being released by the club, joining defensive back Nieko Thorpe (Oakland Raiders) and receiver Dontrelle Inman (San Diego Chargers). Thorpe also had time remaining on his CFL deal but Inman was released in December, just over a month before he was poised to become a free agent. Shortly after Torontos 12 Grey Cup victory, Barker released defensive lineman Armond Armstead, allowing him to sign with the NFLs New England Patriots. "Every situation is different," Barker said. "Its my job to win Grey Cups and I do whatever I have to do in order to win Grey Cups. "Ive never let a player go just because Im a nice guy. I do whats in the best interests of this football organization." Barker praised Ball for the contributions he made to the Argos. "Obviously, Marcus Ball is a great football player and you always have room and find a place for great football players," Barker said. "He always brings great energy and hopefully he can go and have a very successful career there." Balls departure adds to whats already been a whirlwind off-season for Toronto. Other players leaving include cornerback Patrick Watkins (free agent, Edmonton), linebacker Jason Pottinger (expansion draft, Ottawa), offensive lineman Joe Eppele (expansion draft, Ottawa), defensive lineman David Lee (free agent, Saskatchewan) and quarterback Zach Collaros (free agent, Hamilton). Defensive tackle Khalif Mitchell was also released to pursue NFL opportunities and remains a free agent. There was a revamping of the coaching staff as well with the departures of Jones and special-teams co-ordinator Mike OShea (head coach, Winnipeg) and assistants Steve McAddo, Jason Shivers, Ed Philion and Craig Davoren (all with Jones to Edmonton). The front office wasnt immune either as player-personnel director Ted Goveia left to become Winnipegs assistant GM. "This league is about change and either you prepare and can handle it or youre not going to be in league very long," Barker said. "The one thing I feel like Ive learned is you adapt to the situation you have. "Wed love everybody back but were dealing in a SMS (salary management system) world and it is what it is. Were proud that two of the three new head coaches came from our coaching staff because it means we have the right kind of people." And the nature of the business, Barker said, is always planning for the day when quality people within the organization get the opportunity to shine elsewhere. "Youve got to have a progression plan and to me, thats part of what Scott and I do," Barker said. "Well talk about replacements for these guys that are here now . . . its all about preparation. "You have to prepare for a worst-case scenario." Robert Ayers Jersey .C. - Goodyear has warned teams that increased speeds at Charlotte Motor Speedway will put a heavy emphasis on the right front tires in Saturday nights race a€” a potentially key development for drivers trying to advance in the Chase for the Sprint Cup Championship. Noah Spence Jersey . Trailing 2-1 from the first leg, Fiorentina levelled on aggregate in the 14th minute when Joaquin Sanchez Rodriguez headed back a long ball from David Pizarro and Pasqual smashed home an angled volley. http://www.shoptheofficialbuccaneers.com/Elite-Vernon-Hargreaves-Iii-Buccaneers-Jersey/ . -- During Kansas shootaround on Wednesday before the Jayhawks faced Oklahoma, coach Bill Self told Wayne Selden Jr.KENNEWICK, Wash. -- A 25-year-old freelance journalist from British Columbia was formally charged on Thursday with a felony, five days after she was arrested in the United States over allegations she threatened to kill her hockey player boyfriend. Tieja MacLaughlin, who has worked for several media outlets in Kelowna, was charged with one count of felony harassment, according to court documents. She remained in custody, with bail set at $50,000, and she was scheduled to appear in court in Kennewick, Wash., on Friday. She is alleged to have threatened Jackson Playfair, a 19-year-old junior hockey player on the Tri-City Americans, who she had been dating since last summer, according to the documents. The charge includes a "domestic violence" allegation because they were in a relationship at the time. None of the allegations have been tested in court, and police documents and court records indicate MacLaughlin denied threatening to kill Playfair when questioned by officers. MacLaughlins case -- with its mix of hockey, accusations of infidelity, and a young journalist with a social media presence rife with photos for the taking -- has generated headlines across Canada, the United States and abroad. A prosecutor filed an affidavit with the Benton and Franklin Counties Superior Court on Thursday, offering new details about the allegations against MacLaughlin, some of which contradict earlier reports from Kennewick Police Department. According to the affidavit, prepared by prosecuting attorney Brendan Siefken, MacLaughlin and Playfair had been in an "on again, off again" relationship since the summer of last year. The affidavit says MacLaughlin was in Kelowna late last week, planning to visit Playfair in Kennewick that weekend, when Playfair disclosed during a phone call that he had "cheated" on MacLaughlin with someone he met in Spokane, Wash. "The defendant became upset and began to make verbal threats towards him," says the affidavit, which contains unproven allegations. "She advised him that by tomorrow night, he would be dead. Mr. Playfair advised that she threatened to kill him several times during the phone conversation." Playfair told MacLaughlin not to visit Kennewick as planned, the documennt says. Gerald McCoy Jersey. But the affidavit alleges MacLaughlin persisted. "The defendant advised that she was coming down that day and that he did not have a choice, and that he needed to have things figured out or things were going to get very bad," the affidavit alleges. The following morning, Playfair received additional messages from MacLaughlin indicating she was at the border and on her way to Kennewick, the documents allege. Police had earlier said MacLaughlin travelled from Paris, Ont., but the prosecutors affidavit says she travelled from Kelowna, where she was living and working. A posting to a Twitter account that appears to be maintained by MacLaughlin appears to suggest she crossed the border last Friday afternoon. Playfair left for a game in Seattle -- the Tri-City Americans website indicates there was a game there on Friday night -- and after the match he found messages from MacLaughlin indicating she was in the Kennewick area, the affidavit alleges. "Based on the defendants prior threats and her presence in the Tri-Cities, the victim became worried that she might carry out her threats to kill," the affidavit says. He called police, who in turn visited MacLaughlin at a local Super 8 motel, the document claims. The affidavit alleges officers told MacLaughlin to stop contacting Playfair, but she subsequently sent him 20 to 25 text messages. Police arrested MacLaughlin on Saturday, according to police documents filed with the court. The Benton and Franklin Counties Office of Public Defense has previously confirmed MacLaughlin had been assigned a public defender. The office couldnt be reached for comment on Thursday. MacLaughlin has worked as a freelance reporter for Castanet, an online news website based in Kelowna, and the Kelowna Daily Courier newspaper. Articles bearing her name have appeared in both publications, as recently as this month. Playfair is originally from Fort St. James, B.C., according to biographical information on the teams website. He is the son of Phoenix Coyotes associate coach Jim Playfair, and his brother, Austyn Playfair, was signed to the Americans last year. A spokesperson for the Tri-City Americans has previously declined comment on behalf of both the team and Playfair. NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Authentic Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Cheap NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: