rroll added that Wilsons pectoral injury

in Fragen 19.09.2018 14:13
von dasg234 • 2.926 Beiträge

NAPA, Calif. -- Scott Piercy began the new PGA Tour season by pouring in putts and setting the course record at Silverado, a 10-under 62 for a two-shot lead Thursday in the Safeway Open.Conditions were practically perfect in the morning, and Piercy took advantage. He made 12 birdies , only three of them from inside 10 feet, and he even missed a pair of birdie chances from inside 8 feet.He wasnt alone in attacking Silverado.Paul Casey, coming off a pair of runner-up finishes in the FedEx Cup playoffs that signaled a return to form, birdied his last three holes for a 64. Patton Kizzire also shot a 64.Jon Rahm of Spain, who earned his PGA Tour card from sponsor exemptions last season after wrapping up his college career at Arizona State, began his PGA Tour career as a member in fine fashion. He made a hole-in-one -- the first one of his life -- on his second hole, the par-3 11th. His 7-iron from 173 yards flew straight into the cup.Very special moment, Rahm said. It was hard to believe. I actually thought it hit inside the hole and bounced out.Phil Mickelson , playing a domestic PGA Tour event in the fall for the first time in a decade, overcame a bogey-bogey start to post a 69, along with playing partner and defending champion Emiliano Grillo. Bill Haas was added to that group when Tiger Woods withdrew and showed no vulnerability in his game by posting a 66, the best score of the afternoon.I got off to a slow start. I wasnt as focused as I need to be, Mickelson said. But I put myself in a position where tomorrow if I can get hot on the greens -- get perfect greens in the morning -- get it going, shoot 6-, 7-, 8-under par and get right back in it for the weekend.Mickelson and Casey have had the best calendar years without winning based on the world ranking points they have earned. Mickelson is playing his final tournament of 2016, while Casey plans to play the next two in Asia before taking off the rest of the year.Piercy, at least on paper, had one of his better years. He earned $2.9 million. He had a chance to win a major at the U.S. Open until Dustin Johnson pulled away at Oakmont, and Johnson beat him by one shot at a World Golf Championship.But those runner-up finishes in big events covered up an atrocious year with the putter. Piercy was 156th in the most important putting statistic, which is what held him back most of the year.Its what carried him Thursday. He holed a pair of 18-foot birdie putts on successive holes early in his round, and kept pouring them in, one after another, to offset a pair of bogeys from the bunkers on the par-4 third hole and the par-3 seventh late in his round.I think I made more feet of putts than I did all last season, he said. Ive been working on the putter a lot and trying to get some things figured out. Today was a good start to the season, good start to get some confidence going with the putter.His power has always been there, and he showed that on the par-5 fifth hole when he blasted a drive over the trees along the line of the cart path, back to the fairway on the dogleg right. That left him only a 6-iron into the green, and he narrowly missed a 20-foot eagle attempt.That was among the few putts he missed. Piercys 62 was at least nine shots better than the course average.Casey played in the group in front of Piercy and did his best to keep pace. He made eight birdies on a bogey-free day at Silverado. The big change for Casey was a new driver as he slowly transitions away from Nike, which is getting out of the equipment business.Casey ended last season three weeks ago at the Tour Championship with a 64, and started the new one with a 64, so the time off didnt hurt him.Im looking at this as a continuation of the year, he said. I know the slates been wiped clean and we start the FedEx Cup all over again, but Im looking at this to try to cap off my season. Ive got three opportunities to try to win a golf tournament, and I havent done that yet this year.DIVOTS: Morgan Hoffmann holed out for an albatross on the par-5 18th hole. ... Cody Gribble had the low round among the PGA Tour rookies with a 67. ... Justin Thomas, who missed the playoff at Silverado by one shot last year, opened with a 75 after two tee shots out of bounds led to triple bogeys. On both holes, he three-putted from inside 15 feet. Cheap Authentic Jerseys . 31, the CFL club announced Monday. The team also has yet to decide on the future of Doug Berry, who began the season as a consultant to the head coach but took over the offensive co-ordinators duties in July. Cheap China Stitched Jerseys . -- PGA TOUR Canada member Steve Saunders took a three-stroke lead Saturday in the Web. http://www.wholesalejerseysauthenticnfl.com/ . Klitschkos management company says the bout will be the Ukrainian fighters 25th world championship fight. The 1.83-meter (6-foot) Leapai defeated the previously unbeaten Denis Boytsov in November to become the WBOs mandatory challenger. Cheap Authentic Jerseys . -- When the Florida Panthers fell behind by two goals in the first period to the top team in the NHL, it appeared they were on their way to yet another loss. Cheap Jerseys . The quest begins with what is supposed to be an easy one, although Germany has traditionally been a stubborn opponent to Canadian teams at international tournaments. RENTON, Wash. -- To little surprise, Pete Carroll is giving the Seattle Seahawks an extra day of rest this week with a Monday night game coming up.Seattles defense has certainly earned the bonus day off. The same cant be said of the Seahawks offense.Over the past two weeks, Seattles been pushed to the limits defensively. After being on the field for 95 plays and more than 46 minutes a week ago against Arizona, the Seahawks defense was on the field for another 76 plays and more than 36 minutes in Sundays 25-20 loss to New Orleans.While the opponents are doing their part in exhausting Seattles defense, one of the major culprits is a struggling Seahawks offense that has one offensive touchdown in the past nine quarters.We need to get out of what weve been in here the last two weeks. This is not the way were going to play football. Were going to fix this, Carroll said Monday. It just happened back to back to us in very similar fashion and I cant wait to get back on the practice field. We all feel the same. There will be some things that will look different.Seattles lackluster offensive performance against the Saints came on the heels of last weeks overtime tie with Arizona where the Seahawks failed to find the end zone for the second time this season.The struggles against the Cardinals were chalked up to a divisional opponent that knows Seattle well and has given the Seahawks trouble in the past. But that was expected to be solved by a New Orleans defense that entered the week ranked 29th in the NFL.Instead, the Seahawks ran just 19 plays and had 3 yards rushing in the first half; finished with 74 yards rushing; and for the second straight week left their defense on the field for far too long.The core of Seattles problem continues to be inconsistency in the run game. There were flashes against New Orleans, including a strong drive to start the second half where Christine Michael had runs of nine, seven and eight yards. But the drive eventually stalled and Seattle had to settle for a field goal. It was the only drive of the game where Seattle had at leasst three running plays of more than five yards.ddddddddddddThere continues to be little threat of quarterback Russell Wilson running even as his health improves. Wilson ran three times for 11 yards against the Saints.We still feel like the potential is there to run. We feel like were more equipped than we were a year ago, Carroll said. We feel like we can be better. We feel like we can be more aggressive but there are some elements that are different in the run game this year than last year at this time. Part of it is we have not allowed Russell to take off and run very much and he has been very effective for us over the years. Weve had to take care of him and thats just part of the way this season has been.The Saints noticed Seattles lack of possession and were more than willing to stay patient with their run game in trying to wear down the Seahawks defense. The Saints had a season-high 35 carries for 123 yards rushing.We knew, coming into this game, that they had played a long game last week, said Saints running back Tim Hightower, who had 26 carries for 102 yards. They played a lot of plays in that overtime game, and they still were tired from that game and making that trip all the way across the country. All those things factor into a win like this.Game notes Carroll said DE Michael Bennetts right knee surgery was postponed from Monday to Wednesday and will take place in Los Angeles. Carroll said the timetable remains two to three weeks that Bennett will be out. ... Wilson played Sunday without an ankle brace for the first time since the season opener when he sprained his right ankle. Carroll added that Wilsons pectoral injury that limited him in practice last week should not linger into this week. ... RB Thomas Rawls (shin) wont play against Buffalo but has started running and should be back in the next few weeks.---AP NFL website: http://www.pro32.ap.org and AP NFL coverage on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL Cheap Stitched Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Gear Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: