at Chicago on Friday with RHP Hisashi Iwakuma (11-6, 3.96

in Fragen 19.09.2018 14:13
von dasg234 • 2.926 Beiträge

SANTA CLARA, Calif. -- Frank Gore doesnt see turning 30 as a bad thing, even if its the age when most NFL running backs start to decline. If anything, the San Francisco 49ers career rushing leader has embraced the milestone and sees it as another means of motivation. "I love it," Gore said Thursday outside of the 49ers locker room. "I feel like every year its something with me. I have to overcome everything, every year. Now that Im 30 I just have to keep working and training hard." Not that Gore has ever needed extra incentive. Whether it was being bypassed in the 2005 draft when he was the sixth running back selected or the string of injuries hes endured and overcome since then, Gore has always felt the need to prove people wrong. The 49ers clearly know Gores value and have limited his participation in the off-season workouts, including this weeks three-day minicamp. San Francisco hopes the time off will help keep Gore fresher for the regular season. Hes topped 1,000 yards in six of the past seven years, but hes also had a tendency to wear down late in the season. Since the end of the 2009 season, Gore has failed to record a 100-yard game in the months of November and December. He rebounded to top that mark twice in the playoffs last season, including in the 49ers Super Bowl loss to Baltimore when Gore ran for 110 yards and a touchdown. That wasnt enough to silence the critics. And when Gore turned 30 on May 14, the doubts seemed to increase. Even his spot on a recently released list of the top 100 players in the NFL didnt sit well with the ninth-year veteran. Gore was No. 32. "They said hes turning 30 and he might not have (any) more left," Gore said. "I like that type of stuff. Whenever (the 49ers) let me get on the field, Im going to go hard and prove everybody wrong again." Just when Gore will be on the field is the question. While hes done some light individual work, the 49ers have not let him take part in any on-field practices. He was a spectator at practice Thursday and likely wont put on pads until San Francisco opens training camp in July. That led to speculation that Gore might be nursing an injury. But when questioned about it on Thursday, Gore was as elusive as he has been on the field. "Im cool, Im good," he said. "Im just listening to (head trainer Jeff Ferguson). He told me he didnt want me doing anything right now, and Im listening. Im just getting my body back. I want to be fresh whenever I get back on the field." Keeping Gore fresh is critical considering the health of some of San Franciscos other running backs. Kendall Hunter, the top backup behind Gore, is still mending from a torn Achilles tendon he suffered last season. Rookie Marcus Lattimore, one of the teams two fourth-round draft picks, is also trying to come back after an injury-filled college career that included a career-threatening right knee injury in 2012. Gore and Lattimore have formed a kinship of sorts because of their similar histories. Gore suffered serious injuries to both knees while in college before rebounding to become a four-time Pro Bowl running back for the 49ers. "Hes a good kid," Gore said of Lattimore. "I went through the same thing, being one of the best backs at the school and getting drafted late in the rounds and you dont know if you could get back to (being) you. Im pulling for him." Notes: First-round draft pick Eric Reid was held out of practice with an unspecified minor injury, according to coach Jim Harbaugh. ... Wide receiver Brandon Carswell, who was signed on Wednesday, suffered a torn ACL. ... Anquan Boldin, the 49ers prized off-season acquisition, was on the field but did not take part in the full-team scrimmage portion of practice. China NFL Jerseys . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rooney said. China NFL Jerseys Cheap . Then the Pacers gave Oladipo and his Orlando teammates the cold shoulder. Paul Georges buzzer-beating 3-pointer at the end of the third quarter spurred a 21-4 run, finally sending Indiana past the Magic 97-87 in a tougher-than-expected opening night matchup. http://www.wholesalejerseysautographed.com/ . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. China Jerseys Cheap . In the lead up - which seemed to begin the moment Mike Geiger blew the whistle in Houston last Thursday night - the Impact rumour mill went into overdrive. The speculation went into meltdown mode, of the golden nugget variety. China NFL Jerseys Wholesale . Woodson said during a radio interview Thursday that the Knicks Carmelo Anthony doesnt get the same calls as other superstars. PITTSBURGH -- Gerrit Cole never obsessed about pitching a complete game, but was happy to get his first one.Cole pitched a three-hitter and slumping Andrew McCutchen had a three-run home run among his three hits as the Pittsburgh Pirates rolled to a 10-1 victory over the Seattle Mariners on Wednesday night.It was good, a really good feeling, Cole said. You try to do it every time out but its not something I had been dwelling on. There are lot of variables that can leak into any start and throw you astray, so you just focus on the things you can control like your delivery and making quality pitches.Making the 88th start of his four-year career, Cole (6-6) struck six and walked one while winning for the first time since May 20. He had gone six starts without a victory while also spending nearly five weeks on the disabled list with strained right triceps from June 11-July 16.Cole threw 94 pitches, 70 for strikes, against a Mariners lineup stacked with seven left-handed hitters and a switch-hitter while becoming the first Pirates pitcher to complete a game with fewer than 100 pitches since Francisco Liriano, who also needed just 94 at St. Louis on Aug. 14, 2013.He put his foot down and pitched, Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. Thats as efficient as Ive seen him since hes been here. Twenty pitches the first inning, 74 for the other eight. Really good outing.McCutchens three-run blast off David Rollins came in the eighth inning and capped the scoring. His 15th home run of the season pushed the nine-year veterans career total to 166, tying Dave Parker for fifth on the Pirates all-time list.McCutchen, who also doubled, had gone 4 for 29 with eight strikeouts in his previous seven games, dropping the 2013 NL MVPs batting average to .241.I felt something (good), thats for sure, McCutchen said. Im just going to stick with this and keep going. It was a good day for me as far as the feel goes, and had the results with it. Hopefully, it can propel me into these last couple of months of the season.McCutchen and Jung Ho Kang, who hit a three-run double to finish a four-run seventh inning, each had four RBI to help the Pirates win for the sixth time in nine games. Jordy Mercer also had three of the Pirates 14 hits and David Freese and Starling Marte added two each as the top four in the order went a combined 10 for 17.Kang greeted reliever Nathan Karns with his double that pushed the Pirates lead to 7-1.Kang also earlier hit a sacrifice fly off James Paxton (33-5) to finish a three-run third inning that broke a scoreless tie.dddddddddddd.Paxton gave up three runs and six hits in five innings, striking out six and walking one.Drew Storen made his Mariners debut and was charged with four runs in a 1 1/3 innings a night after being acquired from the Toronto Blue Jays in a trade for fellow reliever Joaquin Benoit.Norichika Aoki hit a pair of doubles and scored the Mariners lone run in the sixth inning on Robinson Canos sacrifice fly. Seattle had won five of its previous seven games.Cole threw the ball really well, Mariners manager Scott Servais said. Tip your hat to him.TRAINERS ROOMMariners: DH/OF Nelson Cruz was not in the lineup after fouling a ball off his left foot Tuesday night, though manager Scott Servais said he held the slugger out primarily because the designated hitter rule was not in effect in an NL park. ... RHP Taijuan Walker (right foot tendinitis) pitched a three-inning simulated game Wednesday, the first time he had faced hitters since going on the disabled list July 6, and will likely make a minor league rehab start this weekend. ... RHP Nick Vincent (mid-back strain), on the DL since June 27, will throw off a mound for the first time Friday since being injured and is likely to go on a rehab assignment next week.Pirates: RHP Tyler Glasnow (shoulder inflammation), who was placed on the disabled list Sunday, is expected to begin playing catch this weekend. ... C Chris Stewart (left knee discomfort) ran the bases Wednesday for the first since going on the DL on July 2 and could go on a rehab assignment by the middle of next week. ... RHP Ryan Vogelsong (facial fractures) made what was scheduled to be the last of two rehab starts for Triple-A Indianapolis on Wednesday night and allowed two runs on five hits in seven innings against Gwinett with one walk and two strikeouts in the International League. He also started twice for Double-A Altoona.UP NEXTMariners: Open a three-game series against the Cubs at Chicago on Friday with RHP Hisashi Iwakuma (11-6, 3.96 ERA) looking to win his sixth straight start as he faces LHP Jon Lester (10-4, 3.09).Pirates: Begin a three-game series Friday night at Milwaukee with LHP Steven Brault (0-1, 2.25) expected to be recalled from Indianapolis and make his second major league start, opposing Brewers RHP Junior Guerra (6-2, 2.85). Cheap Stitched Jerseys China NFL Jerseys White Wholesale NFL Autographed Jerseys Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale China Jerseys Wholesale Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Jerseys Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Gear Youth NFL Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: