The 22-year-old Spanish midfielder recently signed

in Fragen 21.09.2018 05:26
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.801 Beiträge

NEW YORK - Earlier in the week, after hitting a big three-point shot to force overtime in a win over Denver, Patrick Patterson expressed his desire to follow in the footsteps of Robert Horry, formally one of the leagues most clutch players. Dwayne Allen Jersey . Big Shot Bob made some crucial game-changing, playoff-series winning jumpers throughout his 16-year career - a career that produced seven championship rings - but he wasnt exactly known for making magic on the defensive end. Patterson, a steady positional defender throughout his time in Toronto, may have even surprised himself with what he was able to do as a stopper on Sunday, facing off against an elite scorer down the stretch of the Raptors 95-90 OT victory at Madison Square Garden. I aint going to lie, it was a big challenge tonight as far as guarding one of the best players in the NBA, said Patterson, who spent most of the games final 11 minutes, including the five-minute OT period, chasing around Knicks star forward Carmelo Anthony. My whole mindset when I was on him was to just deny him the ball as much as possible. Other than that, yea, Im not really known for my down-the-stretch perimeter clutch defence like that. But it felt good. My teammates had total confidence in me, the coaching staff had total confidence in me as far as keeping me on Melo in those crunch-time minutes. Thankfully it worked. Landry Fields, starting his third straight game in place of the injured DeMar DeRozan, and James Johnson drew the Anthony assignment for most of the evening. Although Fields - a former teammate of Anthonys in New York - had some success early in the game, the seven-time All-Star and former scoring champ would go on to have his way with both of them. Midway through the fourth quarter, with the score evened and Anthony carrying a decimated Knicks team - that had won just one of their last 11 games - Dwane Casey turned to the six-foot-nine Patterson, hoping that his length may cause some frustration. At the time, Anthony had 27 points on an efficient 8-of-15 shooting, having hit three of his five attempts from three-point range and eight of 10 from the line. Immediately, Anthony looked to attack Patterson off the dribble. He drove past him for layup and it looked as though the experiment may be short-lived. From that point on, Anthony made just two of his final eight shots, including one of four from long distance. He scored just five points over roughly 11 minutes and did not attempt a single free throw. His length and energy, his quickness and speed and his tenacity to deny it and forcing him way out to catch the ball and his overall defensive focus and understanding of where he is on the floor, Casey said of Pattersons work. He did a magnificent job. Its not a role Patterson is accustomed to, settling in as Torontos stretch four off the bench, but its one he could find himself in more often after Sundays performance. I told him he told on himself by guarding perimeter guys like that, Casey joked after the game. Yeah, this isnt my [role], Patterson said humbly. Normally its [Johnson], DeMar, Terrence [Ross] or Landry and tonight it was my turn. Its enjoyable now. During that time, no, it wasnt enjoyable. It was a little nerve-racking. But now its enjoyable. Im smiling, Im laughing, Im enjoying my teammates encouraging me saying: Next time we play somebody like that were going to put you on him. Just joking like that. Right now its enjoyable, its a lot of fun. I think hes just shy, Kyle Lowry said of Pattersons modesty. Hes just shy. He [doesnt] want to play it [up] too much but its impressive. We dont expect it from him every single night but on a night like this when he needed it and he gave it to us, its just respect for what he did. Patterson, finishing with 13 points on 5-of-6 shooting Sunday, has come on of late. Hes scored in double figures in eight of the teams last nine games off the bench, shooting 56 per cent from beyond the arc during the month of the December. In addition to his surprisingly effective defence on Anthony, the fifth-year forward has been making big late-game plays on the offensive end, including a go-ahead three-pointer early in OT against the Knicks. It wasnt pretty. The Raptors scored just 18 points in the second quarter, 14 in the fourth. They committed a season-high 24 turnovers, including Lowrys uncharacteristic nine miscues, and allowed the Knicks - shooting just 37 per cent - to hang around until the bitter end. But thanks to Patterson, as well as Ross and Lowry scoring 22 and 21 respectively, they were able to pull it out. It was one of those nights where everyone was struggling, Casey noted. Nothing would go. The ball would hit your hands and fall out of bounds, fumble it out. It was one of those nights you just find a way to grind it out. We had so many mistakes on both sides, even defensively but if you are serious about winning, you find a way to get it done and our guys did it. COACH DEROZAN For the first week of his forced time off, DeRozan reluctantly spent most of his day sitting on the couch, playing video games and watching the sport that hes used to playing at the highest level. Although theres still no timetable for his return to game action - hes missed eight straight contests with a groin tear - the Raptors All-Star guard has had enough sitting around, looking for and taking advantage of every opportunity to stay involved with the team while hes sidelined. DeRozan accompanied his teammates to New York, where he continued his rehab on the court at Madison Square Garden prior to the game. He has been doing core exercises with the trainers and shooting free throws after practice and before games for the latter half of this past week. The 25-year-old has also been making his presence felt behind the scenes, sitting in on the coaches meetings, something Casey had suggested shortly after DeRozan sustained his injury back on Nov. 28. DeRozan, in his sixth year with the Raptors, has been more than an observer, Casey said, calling him an active participant during these closed door sessions. We ask him questions and he participates, Casey said. Hes a sharp guy and he understands. The good thing about DeMar, he was here from day one when we put in the system so he understands what were trying to do defensively, he understands what were trying to do defensively. Probably more so than some of the coaches. DeRozan, speaking to the media last weekend, had said he was looking forward to studying the game in a new way for as long as hes a spectator. Hes confident that by spending this time - his first extended absence from basketball - watching through the eyes of a coach, hell be better for it when he does return. Casey has seen it pay off before. I think its very helpful for players to come into the coaches meetings, Casey said. Theyre always welcome. I remember in Seattle, Nate McMillan came into our coaches meeting with George Karl and it was huge to hear his thought process of what we were doing as a team from a players standpoint. And then lo and behold he turns around and becomes a coach. So its very helpful. Irving Fryar Jersey . Vincent Lamar Carter is no longer the lean, athletic dynamo who dazzled Raptors fans with eye-popping dunks that posterized even the leagues best defenders. Adam Butler Jersey . Scotlands Greg Laidlaw made one of two penalty kicks and all three conversions, and Stuart Hogg added a try in the second half. "The most important thing to come out of the game is that we did not get scored against," Laidlaw said. http://www.patriotsauthenticshop.com/Patriots-Patrick-Chung-Draft-Jersey/ . The 22-year-old Spanish midfielder recently signed a new three-year contract with Chelsea, and after spending last season on loan with Valencia in La Liga, Romeu will move to the Bundesliga for the 2014-15 campaign. SAN DIEGO -- James Shields was on another road mound and thats a good thing for the Kansas City Royals. Then again, he really was at his home away from home. "It was nice to sleep in my own bed last night," Shields said after pitching Kansas City past the San Diego Padres 8-0 Wednesday. Shields (4-3) won at Petco Park, which isnt far from his residence in Rancho Santa Fe. "I got to play with the dog and see the kids for the first time in about a month," Shields said. "It was really nice to be around the house." Shields wasnt a welcome sight for the San Diego batters, scattering seven hits over seven innings. With Eric Hosmer driving in a season-high four runs and the Royals scoring three times in the first inning, Shields was able to win with less than his best. "I didnt think my stuff way that good today," said Shields, who threw a season-high 118 pitches. "I was all over the place, getting behind in counts a lot. It was a grind day, but sometimes you got to go out there without your good stuff and compete and that is what I did." Padres ace Andrew Cashner (2-5) didnt see the fifth inning. "Were kind of in a team-wide funk," Cashner said. The Royals are headed the opposite direction. They won their second straight game, took their first series at Petco Park and snapped a five-game losing skid since rolling into town. "That was what you call an AAGG -- an all-around good game in all phases," Kansas City manager Ned Yost said. "Shields was fantastic, the bullpen was great, our defence was solid and we had very, very good baserunning. And our offence had as good as a day as we have had against a darn good young pitcher in a long time." For a good stretch, Shields, who struck out four and walked two, has been tough on the road. Hes won four straight starts away from Kauffmann Stadium and since the start of last season is 14-4 with a 2.00 ERA. Hosmer got three hits. He finished the series going 7 for 15 with seven RBIs, a homer and a double. "The power numbers will come," Hosmer said. "Im not worried about that. Its early in the season and right now Im just doing anything to help this team win." "The biggest thing today was coming up with runners in scooring position and getting guys in," he said. Stephen Gostkowski Jersey. The Padres scuffled, not having any better luck against two relievers after Shields exited. They were shut out for a major league-high sixth time this season. San Diego has lost six of eight overall. Cashner, who lasted a season-low four innings, had trouble from the start. He threw 43 pitches in the first, hurt by a pair of errors from shortstop Everth Cabrera that led to two unearned runs. "I feel bad for my teammate, for Cashner," Cabrera said. Alcides Escobar reached when Cabrera misplayed his ground ball after Nori Aoki opened with a single. Hosmer hit a two-run single, Alex Gordon reached base two batters later when Cabrera mishandled his grounder and Danny Valencia followed with a broken-bat, RBI single. Cashner ended the inning by getting Shields to ground out with the bases loaded in a nine-pitch at-bat. "That was the best AB of the game," Hosmer said. The Padres had a chance to cut into their deficit in the second when they got three hits. But Cameron Maybin was too aggressive rounding second base on an infield single, and Escobar slid in behind from shortstop, took Hosmers throw from first base and made the tag. Padres manager Bud Black requested a review, but the call stood. It marked the first time in five appeals this season that Black had lost. The Padres tied a season high with three errors, and had a passed ball and wild pitch in allowing four unearned runs. NOTES: Padres 3B Chase Headley (strained right calf) will play for Single-A Lake Elsinore on Thursday and Friday. He could be activated for Saturdays game against the Marlins. ... Padres OF Carlos Quentin is with Triple-A El Paso for at least two games and then will be re-evaluated. Quentin has been on the DL all season with knee problems. ... Royals 2B Omar Infante was out of the lineup with a sore back. He was replaced by Danny Valencia, one of three Royals with three hits. ... The Padres open a four-game series with the Marlins on Thursday with RHP Ian Kennedy (2-4, 3.43) facing RHP Jacob Turner (0-0, 9.90). ... The Royals play Seattle on Thursday as LHP Danny Duffy (1-2, 2.19 ERA) goes against Mariners RHP Hisashi Iwakuma (1-0, 5.40). Cheap Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Thunder Jerseys Cheap Blazers Jerseys Cheap Jazz Jerseys Cheap Warriors Jerseys Cheap Clippers Jerseys Cheap Lakers Jerseys Cheap Suns Jerseys Cheap Kings Jerseys Cheap Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Rockets Jerseys Cheap Grizzlies Jerseys Cheap Pelicans Jerseys Cheap Spurs Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: