Though Williams accepted coach Doug Marrones

in Fragen 22.09.2018 04:55
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.801 Beiträge

MILWAUKEE -- It was a tough night at the ballpark for Ryan Braun. Roman Burki Jersey . First, the Brewers slugger accidentally knocked shortstop Jean Segura out of the game after hitting him in the head with his bat while warming up on the top steps of the dugout in the first. Braun departed himself after the eighth with a slight chest muscle strain. The injuries wiped some of the lustre off Marco Estradas strong outing in a 5-3 victory over the Chicago Cubs on Saturday that gave Milwaukee its seventh win in eight games. Manager Ron Roenicke said Segura didnt have a concussion or fractures, but needed stitches to close a gash on his face. Segura might miss a few days, while Braun labeled himself as day to day. Foremost in Brauns mind was that Segura seemed to be OK after the scary moment. "Obviously, its never something thats done intentionally," Braun said. "You know whenever youre involved in a situation like that, I think it puts life in perspective and you realize how insignificant baseball is. Thank God from everything weve heard hes OK." Estrada (2-1) threw 7 2-3 strong innings with nine strikeouts. Jeff Bianchi went 2 for 4, entering the game as a pinch hitter in the first for Segura. The Brewers had to take a few moments to regroup after seeing Segura on the floor of the dugout in pain. He had to be helped to the clubhouse. Braun was facing the field on the top steps of the dugout, where he normally stations himself for his warmup routine. Segura, who was batting second ahead of third-place hitter Braun, was coming up the steps behind him, and a TV replay showed the All-Star shortstop getting it on the right side of the head. "It bugged me all game but its one of those things you hope you can prevent. I know Braunny felt bad," Roenicke said. "Bianchi came in and did a great job for him." Bianchi drove in two runs with a bases-loaded single in the second off Travis Wood (1-3). Francisco Rodriguez tossed a 1-2-3 ninth for his 11th save. Wood had his toughest outing of the season, yielding five runs and seven hits in 5 2-3 innings. "It was a grind and a battle tonight," he said. "I didnt have my A game. I was missing balls and falling behind hitters." Estrada retired the first 10 hitters he faced -- a few on flyballs deep into the outfield -- before Luis Valbuena turned on a 2-0 fastball for a solo homer to right. The righty then retired 10 in a row again, effectively mixing a changeup and curveball with fastball in the high 80s. He maintained control until Welington Castillo hit a two-run shot in the eighth to get the Cubs within two. Estrada departed having allowed four hits and no walks. "Its the best Ive felt so far since spring training," Estrada said. "The last couple games, I just havent felt like myself. But today I did." Chicago, which lost its fourth straight, is already 10 1/2 games back in the NL Central behind division-leading Milwaukee, which has the majors best record at 18-6. "The teams rolling right now and just kind of riding the waves, going with it, and playing outstanding ball," Wood said. But the win was overshadowed somewhat by the injury to Segura, adding to whats already been a tough start of the season. Segura, who was hitting .239, also missed the last two weeks of spring training with sore right shoulder. Braun has also had somewhat of a tricky start after returning to the lineup this season following a 65-game doping suspension. Braun is hitting .318, but hes also been dealing with a lingering right hand injury that carried over from last year. NOTES: Chicago placed struggling reliever Jose Veras on the 15-day disabled list with a strained left oblique. RHP Brian Schlitter was recalled from Triple-A Iowa, and arrived in time for the game. Veras had a 15.88 ERA and blew both of his save opportunities. ... The Cubs have lost seven of eight to Milwaukee dating to last season. ... Rodriguez picked up his 315th save, three behind Rick Aguilera for 17th place on the career list. ... Chicago will try to avoid a sweep by sending Jason Hammel (3-1) to mound Sunday against Wily Peralta (3-0). Marcel Schmelzer Jersey .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. Jadon Sancho Jersey . Chelsea took until the second half to trouble the leagues bottom team, but Schuerrle then ripped through the defence with ease at Craven Cottage to keep Jose Mourinhos side on track for the title. http://www.footballdortmundpro.com/Kids-Christian-Pulisic-Jersey/ .ca MLB Power Rankings, the third consecutive week that the As have held top spot and the third straight week that they have been one ahead of the Toronto Blue Jays.ORCHARD PARK, N.Y. - Bills receiver Mike Williams put an end to any talk of him wanting out of Buffalo.Though still not happy about being benched last weekend, Williams took his future into his own hands by saying he wants to continue playing for his hometown team and has ordered his agent Hadley Engelhard to stop seeking trade offers.I had to tell him, I dont want to be traded, Williams said following practice. At the end of the day, youve got to tell him, Im the boss, and I want to be here. So thats what I had to do.The comments were Williams first since general manager Doug Whaley revealed on Monday the Bills granted Engelhard permission to seek a trade. It happened a day after Williams was listed inactive for the first time this season in a 37-22 loss to New England.Williams said Engelhard informed him of his intentions to seek a potential trade following the game. Williams also defended his agent by saying Engelhard was merely doing his job.Though Williams accepted coach Doug Marrones decision to deactivate him, he was still hurt by the move.I mean, you ask yourself if youre a touchdown-scoring machine, and you feel like you can help the team win: Would you be disappointed? he said. Of course Im disappointed I aint playing. Anybody thats competitive, theyve got to be disappointed. I might as well retire if Im not disappointed.Williams is now turning his attention to getting a chance to crack the Bills 45-player roster on Sunday, when Buffalo (3-3) hosts Minnesota (2-4).Marrone didnt provide any hints as to when Williams will get a chance to play again.Williams was benched because Marrone needed to open a roster spot after learning starting defensive tackle Kyle Williams had a good chance to play after missing the previous week with a right knee injury.Williams became the odd-receiver out because fellow backup Chris Hogan also plays a role on special teams.Marrone was annoyed by the distraction Williams created, even though hes aware it was the players agent who prompted the trade request.Yeahh, Im not going to lie, Marrone said. Andre Schurrle Jersey. Someone elses problems all of a sudden become my problems.The benching was a first for Williams, who grew up in Buffalo and played under Marrone at Syracuse. He had never been listed inactive when healthy during his previous four seasons in Tampa Bay.And it was the latest setback for a player who was expected to play a vital role in Buffalo after the Bills acquired him in a trade with the Buccaneers in April.Williams had 216 catches for 2,947 yards and 25 touchdowns in 54 games in Tampa Bay.In Buffalo, hes had difficulty getting on the field behind rookie first-round pick Sammy Watkins and second-year receiver Robert Woods. Williams has eight catches for 142 yards, including an 80-yard touchdown in a 23-17 loss at Houston last month.Williams said the benching caught him by surprise after he had spent the week practicing with the starters, and also putting in extra time working with the Bills scout team. He was also unhappy with the timing of the decision, saying Marrone informed him on Saturday.I wear my emotions on my sleeve, Williams said. Id be upset every week I dont dress. ... But also know that Im a team player, too. It was nothing like I was trying go away from the team or anything.Williams was upbeat during the practice period that is open to the media on Wednesday.It was nothing different. I didnt change my routine, he said. I keep on playing for the Bills, keep on practicing hard.The only thing different is his objective.I wasnt one of the top 45 last week, Williams said. Hopefully, Ill be one of the top 45 this week.NOTES: The NFL trade deadline is Oct. 28. ... DT Marcell Dareus was excused from practice because of family reasons. He is expected to rejoin the team Thursday. ... Long-snapper Garrison Sanborn was limited in practice because of a knee injury. Without revealing who, Marrone said the Bills worked out two free-agent long-snappers as a precaution.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and http://twitter.com/AP_NFL Cheap Denver Nuggets Jerseys Cheap Minnesota Timberwolves Jerseys Cheap Oklahoma City Thunder Jerseys Cheap Portland Trail Blazers Jerseys Cheap Utah Jazz Jerseys Cheap Los Angeles Clippers Jerseys Cheap Los Angeles Lakers Jerseys Cheap Phoenix Suns Jerseys Cheap Sacramento Kings Jerseys Cheap Dallas Mavericks Jerseys Cheap Houston Rockets Jerseys Cheap Memphis Grizzlies Jerseys Cheap New Orleans Pelicans Jerseys Cheap San Antonio Spurs Jerseys Cheap Golden State Warriors Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: