ing so well, but to do it in competition is a little bit different, she s

in Fragen 24.09.2018 11:08
von dasg234 • 2.926 Beiträge

HOUSTON -- Right-hander Charlie Morton agreed to a contract with Houston on Wednesday, giving the Astros two of the best groundball pitchers in the majors.Morton accepted a $14 million, two-year deal that includes annual salaries of $7 million and performance bonuses of $625,000 apiece for 12, 20, 25 and 30 starts each season.Morton, who ranks second in the majors among active pitchers in career groundball to fly ball ratio (2.48), joins a staff that features last years American League Cy Young Award winner Dallas Keuchel, a lefty who leads the league in that category (2.84).I think thats where the match comes, his ability to get the ball on the ground and our ability to position our fielders and get the outs on the ground, manager A.J. Hinch said. Were getting pretty good at that. So it seems like a perfect fit for us.Morton made just four starts last season for the Phillies before a torn left hamstring which required surgery ended his year. It was the fourth surgery Morton has had in recent years including Tommy John surgery in 2012. But he said Wednesday that hes healthy now and has thrown six bullpen sessions since recovering from his hamstring injury, including three where he threw more than 50 pitches.The 33-year-old Morton has spent his entire nine-year career in the National League where he played for the Braves, Pirates and Phillies.He doesnt think the transition to the AL will be that difficult.It doesnt really matter who youre facing, it doesnt really matter how lineups are structured, Morton said. If you make quality pitches and take care of ... one hitter at a time, at the end of the day youll look back and have done it right.Morton is 46-71 with a 4.54 ERA in his career. His best season came in 2011 when he pitched a career-high 171.2 innings in 29 starts and won a career-best 10 games.The Astros are trying to add depth to a rotation that was hit hard by injuries late last season, hurting its chase for a wild-card playoff spot.We saw last season with our rotation that depth matters and we had six starters for the whole year until we passed the trade deadline and then all of the sudden two of our starters go on the shelf and we were a little short-handed, general manager Jeff Luhnow said. We know it takes eight or nine starters to get through the year. We really love the quality of what Charlie brings in terms of his pitches and the effectiveness of that pitches and what hes been able to do.---AP Baseball Writer Ronald Blum contributed to this report. A.J. Bouye Jersey . Durant finished with 24 points and 13 rebounds, Jackson matched his career high with 23 points on 10-of-14 shooting and Lamb scored 12 points on 5-of-7 shooting, lifting the Thunder to a 94-88 win over San Antonio and snapping the Spurs 11-game winning streak. Blake Bortles Jersey . He says so-called TRT is only one problem and he wants to go even further than the ban. "Its about time," St-Pierre told reporters at a promotional event in Montreal on Friday. "I think its a good thing. http://www.thejaguarsfansshop.com/Jaguars-Dj-Chark-Draft-Jersey/ . After the whistle, Thornton skated the length of the ice, pulled Orpik to the ice from behind and punched him in the face several times. Marcell Dareus Jersey . -- Adam Snyder returned to the San Francisco 49ers this season because the offensive lineman thought it was his best opportunity to win a championship. Malik Jackson Jersey . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. Great Britains Sophie Hitchon revealed how 12 years of ballerina classes helped her become the first British woman to win an Olympic hammer medal.Hitchon, from Burnley, couldnt quite believe it as she broke her own national record with the very last throw of the competition to clinch a historic bronze medal in Rio.The 25-year-old, who at 14 swapped ballerina for track and field, threw 74.54m to move from sixth to third and become the first Britain since 1924 to win a medal in the discipline.I did ballet from when I was in nursery school to when I was about 10, said Hitchon, who found herself dubbed the girl who puts the glamour into hammer in the run-up to London 2012.I was never going to be prima ballerina. I think its done a lot for me, it helped me a lot.Hitchon only squeezed into the final as the 11th of 12 qualifiers. She lay in third place in the early stages of the competition thanks to a second-round throw of 73.29m, but was bumped down the standings and looked set to miss out on the podium.But on her sixth attempt she produced a throw which added a whopping 68 centimetres to her own national record. She completed a lap of honour draped in the Union Flag, the fourth British athletics medal winner of the Games.I can believe it a little bit because trainings been going so well, but to do it in competition is a little bit different, she said.dddddddddddd I knew it was there if I just pulled it together. To do it in the sixth round was a bit special.I knew straight away when I let go. I turned around and my coach [Tore Gustafsson] was like, yeah. I know if he likes it its going far. When it landed I was a bit like, is it, is it? I didnt want to look stupid because Id been cheering. It came off and I was thrilled.Hitchons was the first Olympic medal in the event for Britain since Malcolm Nokes won bronze in Paris 92 years ago. The womens event has only been on the Olympic programme since Sydney in 2000.Polands Anita Wlodarczyk took the gold in a world record 82.29m, the third world record at the Olympic Stadium on only the fourth day of competition.She won by more than five and a half metres, and was almost eight ahead of Hitchon, but the Briton produced a very consistent series apart from a foul in round one and hopes to be able to close the gap.Anitas always winning, but hopefully in a few years we can all be clutching at her heels a little bit, she said.PA Sport contributed to this report. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: