followed by Valverde 1:36 b

in Springen 23.04.2018 09:17
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Ian Kinsler had quite a greeting for his former team, one not well-received by some. Cliff Avril Jersey . Kinsler homered in the first at-bat of his return to Texas as an opponent, then waved at the Rangers dugout while beginning his trot around the bases, and the AL Central-leading Detroit Tigers went to win 8-2 on Tuesday night for their fifth consecutive victory. "It was nothing personal at all. I was just saying Hi," Kinsler said, insisting he was motioning to no one in particular. "I mean, it was my return home, and get lucky enough to square one up like that and have it go over the fence, it was a good feeling. I was just having fun." Kinsler spent the first eight seasons of his career in Texas before being traded for Prince Fielder in a swap of All-Stars last winter. He got more cheers than boos when he was introduced in the first inning, then sent a pitch by Colby Lewis (5-5) into the left-field seats for his ninth homer. "I love Kins, Im just a little bit disappointed," Lewis said of the second basemans wave, though there was no apparent reaction at the time from those in the dugout. Rangers manager Ron Washington said he had no comment about Kinsler. J.D. Martinez had a tiebreaking two-run shot off Lewis that made it 3-1, and started a five-run outburst by the Tigers in the seventh. Boos were more prevalent during Kinslers last four plate appearances -- a popout, groundout and a strikeout before he added a two-run single in the eighth. "It was funny, because it seemed like that with every at-bat, it went from mixed boos and cheers to more boos every at-bat deeper in the game for him," manager Brad Ausmus said. "Im sure that the Rangers fans appreciate what he did. He was an All-Star here and they went to the World Series." Adrian Beltre went 4 for 4 for Texas, pushing his career total to 2,503 hits, but the Rangers have a season-worst, six-game losing streak. Martinezs eighth homer of the season came a pitch after Victor Martinez doubled. Lewis was gone after a single by Austin Jackson. Reliever Ben Rowen then gave up three consecutive hits, including RBI singles by Alex Avila and Rajai Davis, and Victor Martinez drew a bases-loaded walk off Shawn Tolleson. Drew Smyly (4-6) allowed only one unearned run over six innings. He never trailed after the Kinsler homer. "Thats awesome. I bet hes loving that," Smyly said. "He set the tone, got us on the board early and then from there it was a good game until the seventh, and we were able to get some big hits and break it open." A week after signing a minor league deal, Carlos Pena was called up from Triple-A Round Rock earlier Tuesday and went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts. The first baseman was a first-round draft pick by the Rangers in 1998 and made his major league debut late in the 2001 season before being traded that winter. Only Sammy Sosa (1989 to 2007) went longer between games for Texas. NOTES: The Rangers played the first of 20 games over 20 consecutive days. At 35-41, they are six games below .500 for the first time since September 2008. Texas is 16-20 at home. ... Davis was caught stealing in the sixth after a safe ruling was overturned. Davis clearly beat the throw with his headfirst slide, but Washington challenged and replay showed Davis hand popped up and was briefly off the bag while 2B Rougned Odor still had the tag applied. ... There was no pregame BP on the field because of showers, but the game started on time despite a light rain falling at first pitch. The Rangers are the only team in the majors without a delay or postponement of any kind this season. Luke Willson Jersey . The 24-year-old Raley was 0-2 with a 9.00 ERA for Chicago in his first two career starts after being called up from Iowa on Aug. 7. He was optioned to Iowa on Monday after losing 3-0 to Cincinnati in Chicago on Sunday. Patrick Kerney Jersey . The 36-year-old Colts receiver is going back to the playoffs as a division champion. http://www.footballseahawksfanatics.com/authentic-michael-wilhoite-seahawks-jersey/ . Its great to be back for another season in Banditland, and Im looking forward to another competitive season with my teammates, said Tavares.MADRID, Spain -- At an age when most cyclists have already retired, Christopher Horner is getting the best results of his life. The 41-year-old American veteran completed the biggest victory of his career on Sunday, winning the Spanish Vuelta to become the oldest champion of one of cyclings three-week grand tours. "Ive been a professional for almost 20 years so this represents a lifetime of hard work," Horner said. "A grand tour is always a goal for a cyclist to show how good of a rider you are. The memories will last forever." Having effectively decided the race in the northern mountains over the last three days, Horner navigated the final flat stage without mishap to arrive in Madrid together with his RadioShack-Leopard teammates and with a safe grip on the leaders red jersey. Vincenzo Nibali of Italy and Spaniard Alejandro Valverde-- both former winners-- completed the podium. The previous oldest winner for one of the three grand tours-- the Vuelta, Tour de France and Giro dItalia-- was Fermin Lambot, who won the 1922 Tour at the age of 36. Besides being the oldest, Horner is also the first American to win the Vuelta. "Many riders winning in their 20s and early 30s have small children, but mine are at the age where they can appreciate what dad is doing," Horner said. "When I get back, it will be quite the topic at home." Horner, who will turn 42 next month, beat nearest challenger Nibali by finishing ahead of the Italian in each of the final three mountainous stages before Sundays 110-kilometre (68-mile) ride from Leganes to Madrid. Michael Matthews of Australia won the 21st and final stage in a sprint through Madrids city centre. "We only had four other teammates to help with the sprint today, but everyone did their job 100 per cent to help me get the win," Matthews said after his secoond stage win at this Vuelta for Orica Greenedge. Frank Clark Jersey. This edition of the Vuelta, the 68th, had been crafted to favour strong climbers with 13 of its 21 stages set in the mountains. And Horner made the most of it, consistently pulling away with his high riding stance and a wry smile on his face while his younger rivals agonized behind him on the summit finishes. "I loved this course. When I first saw the design I knew it was perfect for me and my style of racing," Horner said. The veteran rider was not among the favourites entering the race, but he quickly joined them upon winning the third stage. That made him the oldest rider to ever win a stage at a grand tour, breaking the former record held by Pino Cerami, who won a Tour stage at 41 years, 2 months. Saturdays decisive stage saw Horner resist Nibalis repeated attacks before leaving him behind in the fog as he surged up the Alto de LAngliru peak, increasing his lead from three to 37 seconds. "Yesterday you saw how much effort Nibali put in to try to win this race," Horner said. "It was no walk in the park for me. It was probably the hardest victory Ive ever had in my career, and possibly the hardest race Ive had in my career." Horner completed the grand tour in 84 hours, 36 minutes, 4 seconds. Nibali remained 37 seconds behind, followed by Valverde 1:36 back. Horner turned professional in 1995. His previous wins included the Tour of Georgia in 2003, the Tour of the Basque Country, a northern region on Spain, in 2010, and the Tour of California in 2011. Euskaltel-Euskadi, the financially troubled Basque team that Formula 1 driver Fernando Alonso is considering sponsoring, finished as the best team at the race and the only won not have a member retire. The rest of the peloton let Euskaltel-Euskadi ride in front as it entered the city. China NFL Jerseys Stitched Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic China Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Jerseys Free Shipping NFL Jerseys Wholesale ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: