Two players instrumental in Whitecaps

in Fragen 29.10.2018 04:46
von jinshuiqian0713 • 1.801 Beiträge

BEREA, Ohio -- Browns wide receiver Greg Little accused Ravens safety James Ihedigbo of choking him during a pileup in Clevelands 24-18 win Sunday. Cheap NHL Jerseys . After a running play in the first quarter, Little found himself on his back at the bottom of a stack of players. He said Ihedigbo, who was on top of him, put his hands around his neck and choked him. Little was able to free himself from Ihedigbos grasp, popped to his feet and then flung the Baltimore players helmet, drawing a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty. "I know the ref was saying, Let go of his facemask, but he was choking me, so Im not," Little said. "Theres a thin line between football and just morals, and Im not going to let a guy spit in my face, choke me, (disrespect) my family or anything like that. Its just how it is. I dont have to say anything to the ref. "At that point, hes crossed the line." Speaking to reporters Wednesday in Maryland at the Ravens practice facility, Ihedigbo denied the charge. "I would never personally cross a line or play outside the rules in any manner," the safety insisted. "I have my hand on his chest. ... . I mean, the refs would have seen it. Other players would have seen it. And I would have been punished for the play as well. That didnt take place." Ihedigbo added, "To sit back here and say now that all this other stuff happened and its Wednesday and the game was played on Sunday is kind of ridiculous to me. So, it definitely looks to me -- Im not a dirty player by any means -- but it looks to me like he knows that he lost his cool and doesnt want the league to take it out on him and fine him for throwing my helmet, so this is what kind of has come of it." Little, who was later penalized for taunting Ihedigbo, said he doesnt regret throwing the helmet and would do it again. "If youre going to take the game of football to where he took it to, Ill meet you there," Little said. The Little-Ihedigbo altercation was the second major incident between the Browns and Ravens this season. In Week 2, Browns nose tackle Phil Taylor accused Ravens running back Ray Rice of spitting in his face. Little insists he didnt yank Ihedigbos helmet off. "I was pushing him off of me and it popped off," Little explained. "The refs were pulling him off me and him still trying to choke me and it popped off." NFL spokesman Corry Rush said all plays are reviewed, and if there is any discipline it will come later this week. Little said if he gets fined, he hopes Ihedigbo does, too. Ihedigbo, however, does not expect to hear from the league. "Id be very surprised," he said. "You can watch the tape at full speed. There was an altercation on the field. The refs dealt with it on the field the correct way. He ripped my helmet off and threw it. You know, things happen out on the field, but I never do anything personally outside the rules." Following the game, Ihedigbo took a verbal swipe at Little. "Hes just trying to be a tough guy," Ihedigbo said after the Browns ended their 11-game losing streak to Baltimore. "Some guys that arent tough try to prove that they are tough." Little smirked when he was told about the comment. "Im going to hold back on what I really want to say," Little said. "Im pretty sure well play again and if he feels like Im not tough he knows where to find me. "Hes far from tough. Believe it." Matt Martin Jersey . Ted Ligety, Mikaela Shiffrin, Bode Miller and Tim Jitloff underlined the squads enormous potential on the Rettenbach glacier in Austria. John Tavares Jersey . "Its amazing to do this coming from such a small island, where tennis isnt necessarily recognized as one of the main sports," Puig said. "Im just happy Im able to be here playing tennis not only for myself, but for my country too. http://www.islandersauthority.com/authentic-jaroslav-halak-islanders-jersey/ . Olsen, who is 6-foot-3 and 305 pounds, can play either centre or guard. The 25-year-old Olsen played 16 games and made four starts in 2012 with the New Orleans Saints.PORTLAND, OREGON – Four second-half goals propelled Vancouver Whitecaps FC to a dominant 5-1 win over Portmore United in the first match of the Rose City Invitational Sunday at Providence Park. Defender Jordan Harvey bagged a second-half brace, while Nicolas Mezquida, Darren Mattocks, and Russell Teibert each scored their first goals of the preseason in a match that saw Whitecaps FC outshoot the 10-men Jamaican outfit by a 21-9 margin. Whitecaps FC head coach Carl Robinson fielded a squad composed almost entirely of MLS players on Sunday, including the teams four most experienced defenders in Andy OBrien, Jay DeMerit, Harvey, and recently acquired right back Steven Beitashour. The only non-MLS player in the starting lineup was Residency goalkeeper Marco Carducci, who at 17 years old is the youngest player at camp. After a fairly uneventful start to the match, the action picked up around the 15-minute mark when Portmore goalkeeper Jacomeno Barrett was shown a straight red for handling the ball outside the box. The 6-foot-4 keeper was forced to come off his line after Sebastian Fernandez found an unmarked Mezquida with a great ball over the top down the middle of the park. On the ensuing free kick, a six-man Portmore wall blocked Fernandezs low strike from the edge of the box to keep the score level. The Caps had another great chance just a few minutes later, when Mattocks broke into the area only to see his attempt stymied by substitute Portmore keeper Gariece McPherson. Despite going down to 10-men early, Portmore opened the scoring in the 26th minute on what was their only real chance of the match. Against the run of play, Leaughn Williams broke in down the right flank and found a streaking Ricardo Morris inside the area. The midfielder then curled it first time just bbeyond the outstretched arms of Carducci to give Portmore a 1-0 lead. Anders Lee Jersey. . From that point forward, the Caps took over. They controlled possession, looked dangerous in the final third, and didnt give their Jamaican opponents another sniff at goal. Two players instrumental in Whitecaps FCs dominance were Teibert, who again looked confident in a holding position, and Beitashour, who was active on the right flank. Eventually, a deflected Beitashour cross led to Vancouvers first goal in the 31st minute. The ball landed at Mezquidas feet just outside the six-yard box and the Uruguayan smashed it on a half-volley into the top left corner of the goal. Vancouver picked up where they left off in the second half, as Harvey banged in the eventual winner in the 49th minute after Erik Hurtado found him unmarked at the far post. The early second-half marker seemed to take the wind out of Portmores sails, as fatigue began to take its toll. After a handful of earlier chances, Mattocks finally found the back of the net in the 65th minute, finishing from in tight to give Whitecaps FC a 3-1 lead. Teibert set up the play with a header from midfield, just minutes after he moved up to the right wing to replace Hurtado. Then, after Harvey scored his second goal of the match with a cross that sailed into the top right corner of the goal, Mattocks returned the favour in the 87th minute. The Portmore native slipped an inviting pass into box before Teibert coolly finished to cap off a dominant 5-1 performance at Providence Park. Also of note, Kekuta Manneh and Kenny Miller made their first appearances of the preseason as second-half substitutes on Sunday. Both players made an immediate impact, as Manneh set up Harveys second goal and nearly had one of his own in the 76th minute. Cheap Soccer Jerseys Authentic Wholesale Hockey Jerseys Nike NFL Jerseys China Cheap Nike MLB Jerseys China Wholesale Baseball Jerseys China Wholesale College Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys Near Me Cheap Jerseys Online Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Authentic Cheap Soccer Jerseys China Cheap NCAA Jerseys Authentic Cheap Nike NBA Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys Authentic MLB Jerseys China Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Throwback Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: