in favor of a fifth-set tiebreaker in majors; the US Open is the only Grand

in Fragen 26.11.2018 01:40
von t123 • 2.563 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Speedo is the first major company to drop its sponsorship of swimmer Ryan Lochte.The swimsuit maker owned by PVH in New York says that it doesnt condone behavior that is counter to its values.Lochte fabricated a tale that he was robbed at gunpoint in Rio de Janeiro during the Olympics. He later apologized.Speedo says it is donating $50,000 from Lochtes sponsorship fee to the global charity Save the Children for children in Brazil. Cheap NFL Jerseys Authentic . They had already blown a double-digit lead, fans were hitting the exits, and a long seven-game road trip waited at the end. Cheap Jerseys China . At a news conference Tuesday where it was thought that the fiery Schallibaum may be shown the door after a dismal finish to the Major League Soccer season, team president Joey Saputo said no decision has been made on whether the Swiss Volcano will be back in 2014. http://www.cheapjerseysnikenfl.com/ . The injury bothered Bledsoe in the Suns victory over the Clippers on Monday and he sat out the teams home loss to Memphis on Thursday night. Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys . Miikka Kiprusoff had just announced his retirement after a decade-long run in Calgary and it would be up to Berra and Ramo to fill the void. Wholesale NFL Jerseys . The Lightning are 2-0 so far on a four-game road trip, giving the club five straight wins as the guest and improving Tampas away record this season to 11-8-2. LONDON -- At 6-foot-10, John Isner likes to go big.At the All England Club, where the grass has always been both a blessing and curse for the American, hes huge.Isner, of course, is most famous for the monstrous match he won here six years ago against Nicolas Mahut. Marathon is an inadequate word to describe what transpired on Court 18. It consumed three days and a total of 11 hours, 5 minutes and was decided 70-68 in the frantic fifth set.It was the longest tennis match ever and required a staggering 183 games.On Peoples Sunday, Isner got tangled up with Frenchman Jo-Wilfried Tsonga. While it wont be remembered as fondly by historians as the epic of 2010, it was something special.Tsonga, saving a match point along the way, won 6-7 (3), 3-6, 7-6 (5), 6-2, 19-17.The match, played over two days, went 4 hours, 25 minutes, with the fifth set alone running 2 hours, 8 minutes.Isner had 38 aces and 101 winners. Tsonga had 21 aces and 88 winners.It was tied for the fourth-longest fifth set in a major in the Open era, matching the 1987 first-round match here between Paul McNamee and Todd Nelson.As the fifth set progressed, did that endless match flash into his consciousness?No, Isner said afterward. He was serving very well. I knew the match could go a long way. But I wasnt thinking about six years ago.It was a rousing comeback for Tsonga, who like Isner is 31 years old. He dropped the first two sets Saturday before winning the third in a critical tiebreaker. The two players came back Sunday and played the final two sets.Its worth noting the No. 12-seeded Tsonga was actually seeded higher than No. 18 Isner. Tsonga is a two-time semifinalist here, in 2011 and 2012.Its good to be alive, said Tsonga, who is 6-0 in five--set matches at Wimbledon.ddddddddddddThe key moment for Tsonga came when he was serving at 15-16. With Isner holding match point, at 30-40, he came up with a forehand winner to bring it back to deuce before holding. Isner faced a break point at 17-all, but an unreturnable serve bailed him out.The double-edged sword for Isner on the grass here: It helps his thunderous serve go through the service box (43 percent of his serves were not returned), but it also creates low, skidding shots that are difficult for someone that tall to reach down and dig out.It was Isners third straight loss here in the third round, and Wimbledon remains the only major in which he has failed to advance to the fourth round.It was the ninth time Isner has gone to at least 6-all in a fifth set in his career. Understandably, he is in favor of a fifth-set tiebreaker in majors; the US Open is the only Grand Slam to employ the fifth-set tiebreaker.I would, Isner said. Ive said that a bunch.Tsongas reward for persistence is another quick turnaround: Monday, hes got fellow Frenchman Richard Gasquet, who defeated Albert Ramos-Vinolas in four sets. Gasquet and Tsonga have split eight career matches.In addition to Tsonga and Gasquet, Mahut and Lucas Pouille give France four men in the round of 16, the most for any country.Its a little bit sad because a few days ago, I won my first match, and I wait two days to play my second match, Tsonga said. They didnt schedule me on the second day. Now I have to play three days in a row.Yeah, thats a little bit unfair, but Im prepared for it. Tomorrow is going to be another day. Chiefs Jerseys China Cheap Nike Chargers Jerseys Cheap Nike Raiders Jerseys Wholesale Cowboys Jerseys China Cheap Nike Giants Jerseys Philadelphia Eagles Jerseys For Sale Wholesale Redskins Jerseys China Cheap Nike Lions Jerseys Packers Jerseys China Cheap Vikings Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Panthers Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Saints Jerseys Free Shipping Cheap Nike Buccaneers Jerseys Cardinals Jerseys China Cheap Rams Jerseys Hoodies Cheap Nike 49ers Jerseys Seahawks Jerseys China Bears Jerseys China Cheap Nike Bills Jerseys Ravens Jerseys China Wholesale Falcons Jerseys China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: