A previous study found that the wet-bulb temperature

in News 29.11.2018 05:38
von zhouyueyue • 1.039 Beiträge

By John Kwoba

NAIROBI Custom Indianapolis Colts Jerseys , July 29 (Xinhua) -- Six years ago, Janeth Jepkosgei arrived at the international stage with little fanfare but with one target, put in check Mozambique's Maria Mutola reign as the queen of 800m race.

That was down under in Melbourne, where she started the deconstruction of Mutola's reign during the 2006 Commonwealth Games.

Jepkosgei beat Mutola nicknamed Maputo Express in the finals to win gold and put her on road to retirement.

That performance, for Jepkosgei then aged 23, earned her the title Eldoret Express, a trade name for one of Kenya's public bus company.

Well Jepkosgei expedition is not about to pull to its final destination at the Moscow World Championships Throwback Indianapolis Colts Jerseys , which start on Aug. 10 in Russia. If anything, the star for the 29 year-old is just but brightening.

"I love running, it is something that I do without much hustle. I have been around since 2006 on the international stage, winning gold, silver and bronze in different competitions.

"But as the time flies, so does it get tough to dominate. New talents always emerge and put you in check and I am proud of the challenge they throw at me," said Jepkosgei Authentic Indianapolis Colts Jerseys , Monday in Nairobi.

It is this challenge that is inspiring Jepkosgei to take on her new role as the leader of the Kenya 800m team to Moscow.

With colleague and World Indoor Champion Pamela Jelimo out injured, Jepkosgei, who won bronze at the last World Championships in Daegu, South Korea, will be the steel around which the silk of Eunice Sum and Winnie Chebet will be wrapped on.

"I have a challenge to mentor them. They have emerged from my shadow having been my training mates. I want to win for myself, but I too want them to succeed," she said.

Jepkosgei has been in three world Championships and two Olympic Games. She won gold in Osaka Japan in 2007 Indianapolis Colts Jerseys For Sale , silver in Berlin in 2009 and took bronze in Daegu.

In Beijing Olympics, she was second to Jelimo and was a finalist in London Games last year. Now will Jepkosgei be able to make her return to the top place she made at the 2007 World Championships in Osaka?

"Every championship is different. Moscow will be different from the other three. But it will be my final show in the 800m distance as I want to move up to the 1,500m distance.

"In Moscow, I also want to see my colleagues and youngsters Chebet and Sum excel. I will be happier if they pick from where I have been for many years," said Jepkosgei.

Sum, who beat Jepkosgei at the trials, has 2:00.06 best mark while Chebet Cheap Indianapolis Colts Jerseys , a former World Junior Champion, has 2:00.4. But they will not be the main challenge to Jepkosgei's (1:58.71) reign in the two-lap race.

Burundi's Africa Champion Francine Niyonsaba is holding the world lead-time this season with 1:56.72, which she set in Eugene, Oregon in USA in June.

Throw in Moroccan Malika Akkaoui 1:57.64, Alysia Johnson Montano (USA) 1:57.75, Brenda Martinez 1:58.18 (USA) and Russia's Mariya Savinova (1:58.75) and the 800m garden will be flourishing with talented stars ready to take the next leap.

"

WASHINGTON, Aug. 2 (Xinhua) -- By the end of this century T.J. Green Colts Jersey ,summer heat waves could exceed the upper limit of humansurvivability at ""a few locations"" in South Asia, a region of deeppoverty where one-fifth of the world's people live, a new studysaid Wednesday.

The most affected regions would be the Chota Nagpur Plateau,northeastern India, and Bangladesh, according to the studypublished by the U.S. journal Science Advances.

""Our findings have significant implications to the ongoingconsiderations regarding climate change policy,"" said the study Marlon Mack Colts Jersey ,which is based on detailed computer simulations using the bestavailable global circulation models.

The new findings were conducted by Professor Elfatih Eltahir ofthe Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Assistant Professor EunSoon Im of the Hong Kong University of Science and Technology andProfessor Jeremy Pal at Loyola Marymount University in LosAngeles.

Scientists have known that hot weather's most deadly effects forhumans come from a combination of high temperature and highhumidity, an index which is measured by a reading known as wet-bulbtemperature.

The wet-bulb temperature reflects the ability of moisture toevaporate, which is the mechanism required for the human body tomaintain its internal temperature through the evaporation ofsweat.

At a wet-bulb temperature of 35 degrees Celsius, the human bodycannot cool itself enough to survive more than a few hours.

A previous study found that the wet-bulb temperature has rarelyexceeded about 31 degrees Celsius anywhere on Earth in the pastdecades.

However, when it does happen, ""the most detrimental humanimpacts of climate change on heat waves could potentially be thosein developing nations because of the vulnerability of theirpopulations Tarell Basham Colts Jersey ,"" the study said.

In much of India and Pakistan, an apparent rising trend in thefrequency of deadly heat waves has been observed, it said.

For example, the fifth deadliest heat wave in recorded historyaffected large parts of India and Pakistan, claiming around 3,500lives in 2015.

The new study showed that by century's end, absent seriousreductions in global emissions Nyheim Hines Colts Jersey , wet-bulb temperatures are projectedto approach the threshold of survivability over most of South Asia,including the Ganges river valley, northeastern India, Bangladesh,the eastern coast of India, Chota Nagpur Plateau, northern SriLanka Tyquan Lewis Colts Jersey , and the Indus valley of Pakistan.

And the temperatures could exceed the upper limit at a fewlocations in the Chota Nagpur Plateau, northeastern India, andBangladesh.

In today's climate, about 2 percent of the Indian populationsometimes gets exposed to extremes of 32-degree wet-bulbtemperatures.

According to this study, by 2100 that will increase to about 70percent of the population, and about two percent of the people willsometim. Cheap NFL Hoodies Cheap NBA Hats China Cheap NHL Hats China Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Shirts Cheap Replica Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale NFL Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: