C.J. Beathard talks offensive understanding

in News 15.12.2018 04:28
von liny195 • 147 Beiträge

http://www.sanfrancisco49ersteamonline.com/weston-richburg-jersey , toughness, Chargers defense What’s the first step for you when you come in and take a look at the game plan?“Just trying to get it. Obviously, it’s early in the week so the more the week goes by the more comfortable everyone will be with it. Today’s the first day getting the game plan. We haven’t even gone out and practiced it yet. But, just trying to get it down better and better each and every day.” Does your routine change? Have you carried over anything from what QB Jimmy Garoppolo’s done to change your routine up this year as opposed to last year?“As opposed to when I was playing last year? You’ve got to prepare, as the backup guy, as if you are the starter. So, I’m doing a lot of the same things except I am meeting with [head coach] Kyle [Shanahan] and our quarterbacks coach a little bit more just to go over little things here and there after practice, before practice, just stuff like that to make sure we’re all on the same page.” The other day you mentioned after the game you felt like the experience you got last year would make it a little easier this year, stepping back in. In what ways?“Just having that experience. Having gone out there and played in five NFL games, there’s nothing you can do to simulate those reps in practice. The only way you can do it is by going out there and actually getting those game-time reps. Just being another year under the system and Kyle’s offense helps a ton, just the knowledge of the offense, getting through progressions quicker and all of that kind of stuff.”He was just saying he thought one of the things is that you’d have a better understanding of the why’s, of why things are happening. Do you feel like you have a far greater understanding of that stuff?“Yeah, definitely. It’s year two for me in this offense. With any extra time doing something, the better you get at it. I definitely understand more of the why’s. Why certain things happen, why this guy we think will be open, why we attack certain things versus certain coverages and stuff like that.” It’s kind of a clich茅 about the backup quarterback always being ready, but can you describe what the mentality is every week when you never know when your day might come?“People say it, but no one really believes it. You really are one play away and you just never know when that play is going to be. You could play zero an entire season or you could be playing in the third game of the year. You never know. That’s why you’ve got to make sure you’re prepared as much as possible and prepare as if you are the starter, for situations like this.” Obviously, you don’t want anybody to get hurt, but you have 13 games in front of you to really prove that you’re an NFL quarterback. So, you have to look at this as an opportunity, don’t you?“Yeah, no doubt. Obviously, I think more focus on this team. There’s a lot of people out there doubting us and counting us out. I think everybody in the building is excited and we’re ready to get rolling and win some games moving forward.” Everyone was very impressed with how tough you were last year. I assume you don’t want to be able to show how tough you are, to that extent this year. Obviously, a lot went into that http://www.sanfrancisco49ersteamonline.com/fred-warner-jersey , but what can you do to minimize some of that punishment?“Just try to get the ball out of my hands quicker. I think we’ve got a lot better team than we did last year. I really like the group that we have and obviously doing what I can do to get the ball out of my hands quicker and making reads quicker. As a whole team, everyone, the O-Line, receivers, running backs, everyone can add their part to help that.” How does that make you feel when you hear so many guys talk up your toughness and then do you turn it around on them and kind of give them some praise as well?“Obviously it’s a good thing to be, as a quarterback in the NFL you’ve got to be tough and you have to have certain qualities to be able to play in this league. It’s awesome to hear my teammates say that about me, but I think this is a real tough team. I think we’ve got a bunch of tough guys on this team on offense, defense, special teams. We’re excited moving forward.” Specifically, what did it mean when you heard LB Reuben Foster say that you, ain’t no roody-poo?“Yeah, people asked me about that and I still don’t know if I know what that means. I haven’t seen the entire interview yet, but people were telling me to check it out. It’s pretty funny.” Have people come up to you and spoken to you and given you that vote of confidence personally or are they just going about the week business as usual?“I’ve gotten a lot of support from the team, guys saying they believe in me and all this stuff, which is great. But, nothing drastically crazy. It’s just next man up. That’s kind of what our mentality is like. Throughout a season, a lot of guys are going to get hurt whether it’s quarterback, whether it’s any position on the field. You’ve just got to have that mentality, next man up and you’ve got to believe in that teammate no matter what the position is.” Kyle said that Jimmy has been around. What’s it been like to be able to speak to him this week as you prepare for your first start?“Oh, it’s been great having him around, being able to talk to him and ask him about certain things. Just having his presence in the facility, being supportive of us and the team, it’s great. Obviously, my thoughts and prayers are with him going forward and hopefully he can recover and get back as quickly as possible.” Is he like another coach now for you?“Yeah, I guess you could look at it that way.” In what ways do you think Kyle has helped you improve as a quarterback the most?“I think just the knowledge of how football works, how certain plays scheme up against certain defenses the best. I think Kyle’s the best at that, at drawing up plays versus certain looks and coverages that work the best and why they work and how to expect and anticipate certain things.” In Minnesota and then the two touchdowns last week against Kansas City there were a lot of open receivers running deep. How much confidence do you have just in him to put you in a position to succeed?“I’ve got all the confidence in the world in Kyle and my team. I think it starts with coaches and then obviously the players have to go out there and execute. I’ve got confidence in every last person in this building.” A year ago, last season Womens Mike Person Jersey , when Kyle informed you that he was going to go with Jimmy, what did that do to you? How did that sit with you?“I don’t know, that’s so far in the past, it’s hard to look back to that. But, I looked at it as an opportunity to grow and learn and get better and just be the best backup that I could be all the way up to this point. And, just learn from Jimmy and Kyle and take it all in.” Kyle said some quarterbacks need early success to build confidence. You got thrown in right away and you took some lumps. How did that help you and how did you prevent from losing confidence?“I think I’ve got a strong faith in God and I’ve got a good support system with my family and teammates. I know to never get down on yourself in any situation in life. I think that having not played last year, I think it’d be a lot different situation at this point being my first game. I think I would be a lot more nervous or whatnot. I think it also helps having played in those games. My teammates have confidence in me because, ‘Oh, he’s been there before, he can do it.’” In terms of the Chargers, what are your initial impressions of them and is there any extra spark you can get by facing a team that you grew up rooting for?“Honestly, it doesn’t really matter who it was that we’re going to play. It’s crazy that it is the Chargers. I did grow up being a Chargers fan, but I’m just excited to go out there and play whoever it was going to be. In this case, it’s the Chargers. But, they’re a good team. They’ve got good guys on defense. They’re an explosive offense as well. We just have to go out there and play as a team and play solid on offense, defense and special teams. Hopefully we’ll walk out of there with a win.” The Chargers with Los Angeles Chargers defensive coordinator Gus Bradley run a scheme pretty similar to what you guys do here. Is there any benefit to that as you go into this?“Yeah, I think so. It’s a lot of the same style of defense that we’ve gone against in camp and OTAs and stuff. Obviously, they sprinkle in some different things and do different things. I’m sure there’ll be some new things that they’re going to game plan against us that you’ve got to be prepared for. But, the base stuff is there. They’re a three-deep team and so are we. Obviously, having gone against a defense like that helps, but you can never count on it, what they’re doing. There’s always something different.” Kyle talked about your preseason and overall summer and said he was very pleased even though in preseason games your stats weren’t necessarily eye popping. How do you assess your preseason? Were you overall pretty pleased? I know you were obviously dealing with a foot injury.“I was pleased with it. I just felt a lot more comfortable back there. Obviously, there were plays that I missed and wish I had back. But, I said a while back that for the most part, the ball was going to the right spot most of the time and that’s good.” Injuries have piled up at a staggering rate for the Atlanta Falcons.They've lost both starting safeties and both starting guards for the season. Their best linebacker, Deion Jones, won't return for another two weeks at the earliest.Their top running back, Devonta Freeman, is out until December. Their placekicker and career franchise scoring leader http://www.sanfrancisco49ersteamonline.com/arik-armstead-jersey , Matt Bryant, is iffy to return this week at Washington.And starting cornerback Robert Alford was added to the injury report Wednesday after being held out with an ankle injury.Despite so much hardship, defensive tackle Grady Jarrett likes that the front office decided to solve the issues in-house and let the NFL trade deadline pass without a move."You can see that we're an organization that believes in our own players," Jarrett said. "The next guy stepped up and guys that didn't have much experience, now their play is going up. It's been tough, but we haven't complained about it. It's not going to be an excuse, ever."Jarrett gave the Falcons a big lift nine days ago, returning from an ankle injury that sidelined him for two games and getting two sacks in a narrow win over the New York Giants. They'll need more players to do something similar as Atlanta (3-4) returns from a bye week to visit the Redskins (5-2).Ben Garland will make his first start at right guard after Brandon Fusco's season ended against New York. Wes Schweitzer, who made an emergency start at center Oct. 14 against Tampa Bay, will make his fifth start at left guard.Ninth-year veteran Zane Beadles, signed this week after getting no offers in free agency, is getting a crash course at backup tackle with right-side starter Ryan Schraeder struggling at times this year.The Falcons have allowed 10 sacks and 27 additional hits on quarterback Matt Ryan while losing their first two road games. The refigured line could face a long afternoon in trying to stop Matt Ioannidis, Ryan Kerrigan and Jonathan Allen, who have combined for 14 sacks and 22 QB hits.Ryan has thrown 13 touchdown passes and no interceptions in his past five games and likely won't hand off the ball much against a defense that allows just 80 yards rushing per game. But Atlanta is finally healthy at receiver with Mohamed Sanu and Calvin Ridley to complement star wideout Julio Jones."We have a lot of really good playmakers who can stretch the field," center Alex Mack said. "It gives (opponents) a lot of ground to cover and it lets you move down the field fast and make it difficult for defenses."Deion Jones returned to the field Wednesday, but worked on the side with trainers as he recovers from a broken right foot sustained in the season-opening loss at Philadelphia. He can't get back soon enough for a defense that ranks third-worst in scoring average and yards allowed per game.If Alford can't play, rookie Isaiah Oliver will take his place opposite left cornerback Desmond Trufant. Oliver, a second-round draft pick, has made one start and gave up the winning TD catch against Cincinnati, but has improved with experience.Bryant was injured while kicking a go-ahead field goal against Tampa Bay and missed the Giants game. He was held out of practice Wednesday, so Giorgio Tavecchio could be in uniform again. He bailed out the team with three field goals, including two from 50 or more yards, against New York.Coach Dan Quinn says Tavecchio's performance is another example of how the Falcons have tried to hold the season together."We are really fired up about our locker room and the guys we have and how we'll feature those players to do their best," Quinn said. "As we're approaching the second half of (the season), we'll see improvement by a certain number of guys in specific areas."

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: