lking trash, to Chara on Tuesday night.Hes way too scary, Marchand

in Fragen 20.12.2018 04:21
von t123 • 2.563 Beiträge

TORONTO -- Team Europe will lean on 6-foot-9 defenseman Zdeno Chara, referred to by his coach as a tower, to slow Canada in the World Cup of Hockey finals.When Sidney Crosby and Co. come charging down the ice, Chara will often be standing and skating in their way.Hes a guy who you dont want to play against, Canadian forward Brad Marchand said Monday. Hes mean. Hes big. Hes tough. And, he covers a lot of ice.Marchand would know.He, along with Canadas Patrice Bergeron, play with Chara in Boston.The 39-year-old Chara will not only be the tallest player on the ice Tuesday night in Game 1 of the best-of-three series. Hell also be the oldest.Marchand, though, insisted the 2009 Norris Trophy winner has not lost a step.Hes still dominant in so many areas.Chara is averaging nearly 22 minutes of ice time per game, ranking among team leaders, and has scored a goal in four World Cup games.Europe coach Ralph Krueger cites leadership as one of Charas biggest assets. He has been Bostons captain for nearly a decade and became the first Slovakian player to win a Stanley Cup in 2011, and the second European to be captain of an NHL champion, following Nicklas Lidstrom in 2008.When Krueger was putting together the team a year ago, he traveled to New York to talk to Chara when the Bruins were playing the Islanders in a preseason game.Getting Chara to buy in, Krueger figured, was a key to the teams success.Several players joined the conversation, Krueger recalled, and a newfound respect began to develop.A tower for more than his physical presence, Krueger said. Its the man inside of that tower that has been so exciting to work with.Chara said the top priority for team-building was having players from eight nations mesh as one.We talked about a lot of things, but nothing can be accomplished, nothing can be done if you dont come together as a team, he said. Its not going to happen if youre not going to have everyone on the same page and playing as a team. Nobody showed any egos and we worked really hard.Instead of just playing for his country, Chara is competing for a pan-European team made up of countries outside of the continents four traditional powers.Hes one of six players from Slovakia, tying the number of Germans on the team. Four players are from Switzerland, three from Denmark and one apiece from Austria, France, Norway and Slovenia.Its been a real pleasure to get to know them and being on the same team, Chara said. So, its been a really good experience.The three-time Olympian sounds like hes having a good time, playing in another best-on-best tournament, even though he acknowledged he doesnt always look like it.It doesnt mean if I dont smile, I dont have fun, he said. A lot of time you might think Im maybe sad, but inside Im happy and smiling. Thats just the way I am and Im not expressing myself. Maybe I should do that because my wife tells me I have a beautiful smile.The often-pesky Marchand said he wont be cracking jokes, or talking trash, to Chara on Tuesday night.Hes way too scary, Marchand said with a grin. China NBA Jerseys Authentic . -- The proud fathers huddled near the Dallas Stars dressing room, smiling, laughing and telling stories while wearing replica green sweaters of their sons team. Cheap Authentic NFL Jerseys . Coach Tom Thibodeau says the former MVP will probably start travelling with the team in the next few weeks. Rose tore the meniscus in his right knee at Portland in November and was ruled out for the remainder of the season by the Bulls. http://www.wholesaleauthenticjerseys.us/ . NBA officials ruled the court unplayable in the Bucks final exhibition game on Oct. 25 because players were slipping, and the game was cancelled midway through the first period. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys China . -- Anaheim Ducks defenceman Luca Sbisa will be out at least six weeks with a torn tendon in his right hand. Wholesale Authentic Baseball Jerseys . It is a cliché dragged out by fans and pundits regularly when discussions take place around which teams are better than others. TAMPA, Fla. -- Dawn Coe-Jones, the Canadian Golf Hall of Famer who won three times on the LPGA Tour, died Saturday after a battle with cancer. She was 56.Fellow former Canadian LPGA Tour player Gail Graham, Golf Canada and The Legends Tour said Saturday that Coe-Jones died at a hospice near her home in Tampa. She was diagnosed with bone cancer this year.From Lake Cowichan, British Columbia, Coe-Jones played on the LPGA Tour from 1984 to 2008. She won more than $3.dddddddddddd3 million and had 44 career top-10 finishes.Coe-Jones won the 1983 Canadian Womens Amateur and starred at Lamar University. She won LPGA Tours 1992 Womens Kemper Open, 1994 LPGA Palm Beach Classic and 1995 Tournament of Champions.She was inducted into the Canadian Golf Hall of Fame in 2003. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: