t allowed Braz da Silvas 6.03 Olympic record to stand.The party was on, though not for Lavillenie.If you get no respect in the O

in Fragen 20.12.2018 04:26
von t123 • 2.563 Beiträge

RIO DE JANEIRO -- Thiago Braz da Silvas surprising pole vault victory ensured Brazils first gold medal in the Olympic Stadium and sparked euphoric celebrations.It also ensured some unpleasant fallout for the hosts.The heckling was so intense that when Olympic champion Renaud Lavillenie prepared for his last attempt to extend his title and potentially bump Braz da Silva to silver, he lost his concentration and gave a thumbs down to the thousands of local fans. He lost his gold when he failed at 6.08 meters, and that allowed Braz da Silvas 6.03 Olympic record to stand.The party was on, though not for Lavillenie.If you get no respect in the Olympics, where can you get respect? Lavillenie said. If this is a nation where they only want Brazil, and they spit on others, then you should not organize the Olympics.In his rawest anger immediately after the three-plus-hour competition, which was extended because of rain, he even made a reference to the 1936 Berlin Olympics, the propaganda Games of Hitler. He later apologized for that at a news conference.I did a big mistake for that. It was my first words, after competition, he said. Of course we cannot compare the two.The 22-year-old Braz da Silva acknowledged that he fed off the fervor of the crowd in a positive sense, thanks to the raucous cheers.The public helped me a lot, was supporting me, and that was really important for me at this time in my home to get a medal, the champion said.Asked what he thought of the relentless booing of those who got in the way of Brazils budding champion, Braz da Silva said, I understand the people from Brazil.In our country, they want the guy from Brazil to win, he said. They cannot control emotions, you know.The competition had all the drama needed. Early on, Lavillenie did all the right things. Wait late to come in and not waste energy, then scale every height on the first attempt to lead throughout.But Braz da Silva didnt wilt and produced an Olympic-record vault for the lead.Incredible. My first time over 6 meters, he said.Yet Lavillenie still had a chance to win. He raised the bar to 6.08 for one final attempt, and as he prepared, the crowd started booing him. The Frenchman went up for the last attempt but failed.Braz da Silva was celebrating. The host nation, which had been counting on female vaulter Fabiana Murer to win gold later in the Olympics, had a new star. And as with their famous soccer players, the full name doesnt matter. The champion is known here as Thiago Braz.I like that, he said.For Lavillenie, it was the second shocking defeat of a bad summer. Last month, he lost the European title when he failed to clear his opening height. This one will feel far worse, as he had worked for this night the entire season.The loss mattered less than his treatment.I could never leave Rio with a smile when you get booed for doing your sport, Lavillenie said. Wholeale Jordan 6 China . The 29-year-old from Port Colborne, Ont., has nothing but good things to say about former U.S. marine Liz (Girlrilla) Carmouche ahead of their co-main event Wednesday on the UFCs "Fight for the Troops" televised card in Fort Campbell, Ky. Cheap Air Jordan 6 . Those lessons were more than enough to overwhelm the Utah Jazz. Lou Williams scored 25 points and the Hawks continued their offensive upswing as they rolled to an easy 118-85 victory over the Jazz on Friday night, winning their third straight and for the fourth time in five games. http://www.airjordan6cheap.com/ . The deal is pending a physical, assistant general manager Bobby Evans said. Traded from Seattle to Baltimore on Aug. 30, Morse also can play first base and right field to give manager Bruce Bochy some flexibility in writing his lineup. Cheap Jordan Retro 6 For Sale . According to a report from the Vancouver Province, the Lions are expected to replace former DC Rich Stubler with defensive backs coach Mark Washington. Jordan 6 Shoes For Sale . The home side created most of the chances but struggled to break down Braunschweigs resilient defence, resulting in the Bundesligas 1,000th scoreless draw. MIAMI -- Now that Ichiro Suzuki reached his milestone -- he banged out hit No. 3,000 on Sunday in Miamis 10-7 win over the Colorado Rockies -- the Marlins and their fans can more fully focus on the race for a wild-card playoff berth.The Marlins, who went 2-4 on their just completed road trip, play host to the National League West-leading San Francisco Giants (63-48) on Monday night in the start of a three-game series.Miami (59-52) leads the St. Louis Cardinals by one game and the New York Mets by two in the battle for the second and final NL wild card.The Marlins have to like their chances to win Mondays opener as All-Star right-hander Jose Fernandez takes the mound in a stadium where he rarely loses. He is 26-2 with a 1.62 ERA at Marlins Park, making him one of the best home-field pitchers in the history of the game.San Francisco, however, also feels pretty good about its starting pitcher, All-Star right-hander Johnny Cueto, who is 8-2 with a 2.82 ERA and a 1.12 walks-plus-hits-per-inning-pitched ratio on the road this season.Overall this season, Cueto is 13-3 with a 2.73 ERA. This is the 30-year-olds sixth season with double-figure wins, capped by his 20-9 record in 2014 and his 19-9 mark in 2012.He accomplished those records with his original team, the Cincinnati Reds, but he has been a bit of nomad since he was traded in midseason 2015, winning a World Series last year with the Kansas City Royals and then signing a six-year, $130 million deal with the Giants in December.The Giants won 16 of Cuetos first 18 starts this season, but San Francisco has since lost three of four.Fernandez has yet to cash in on a Cueto-like contract. Even so, as long as Fernandez stays healthy, he soon will hit the lottery because his pitching prowess is unquestioned.Still, the 24-year-old is in a mini-slump, having lost two games in a row for the first time since his rookie year of 2013.Fernandez is 12-6 with a 2.87 ERA this year. His 192 strikeouts are already a career high, five more than he had in 2013.In his only start against the Giants this year, Fernandez allowed four runs on seven hits in six innings during a 7-2 loss at San Francisco on April 23. His only other appearance vs. San Francisco was six-inning, three-run win last year.Theres no rhymee or reason why guys you think you should have success off shut you down, and the elite pitchers, you have success against, Giants manager Bruce Bochy told the San Francisco Chronicle.dddddddddddd I wish I could explain it, but I cant. Part of it is, when you face them, are they on top of their game or not? That has something to do with it, too.With Fernandez and Cueto pitching, expect a close battle on Monday, especially since the Giants and Marlins have played 13 times at Marlins Park, and 10 of those games were decided by two runs or fewer.The Giants played a close game on Sunday, allowing only two hits but somehow managing to lose 1-0 to the Washington Nationals.San Francisco wasted a great effort from Madison Bumgarner, who pitched his fourth complete game of the year.The game had added meaning because the win gave the Nationals the season series, 4-3. If the teams finish with identical records and meet in the playoffs as division champs, the Nationals would get home-field advantage.As for Suzuki, he became just the 30th major league player to reach 3,000 hits, and he joined Paul Molitor as the only ones to reach the milestone with a triple.Suzuki was also the third player to reach 3,000 at age 42 or older, and he has the respect of virtually everyone in baseball.Being with (Suzuki) the past couple of years is so awesome, Marlins right fielder Giancarlo Stanton said in a TV interview following Sundays game. For him to get it like that (a triple off the wall in right field) -- that was cool, too. We were all yelling, Get over! Get over!We were able to hug him on the field, and that was cool.Suzuki, speaking through a translator in a press conference after the game, was quite funny when asked about the pressure he felt starting the game 0-for-3.My body felt like Justin Bours -- just so heavy, he said, referencing Miamis hefty first baseman. But after that hit, the burden was lifted off.Now that the chase is over, though, the Marlins have to get back to business. Third baseman Martin Prado left Sundays game after fouling a pitch off his foot, and that is an injury to a team leader that could be crucial. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: