//www.cheaptexansjersey.com/]cheap texans jerseys[/url] [url=htt

in Fragen 20.12.2018 14:41
von dasg234 • 2.926 Beiträge

NEW YORK -- Matt Harvey almost instantly began trying to wave off Mets manager Terry Collins and a trainer after a line drive caromed off the right-handers knee in the ninth inning. Stay away. He wanted the shutout. And he certainly got it, the first one of his stellar young career, but there was no way Collins was not going to check out his prized pitcher. Harvey proved himself with a warmup toss, then he got All-Star Troy Tulowitzki to pop up a 91 mph slider for the final out of his first complete game, a four-hitter, and New York beat the Colorado Rockies 5-0 Wednesday night. "I dont like when they come on the field at all so I was trying to shoo them off as quick as I could," said Harvey, who had a big ice wrap on his knee. "I felt fine, I wanted to finish the game." Harvey said the ball just grazed his knee -- even if it shot into shallow right field. Collins had a different view. "He must have thought I was blind if he thought I thought that glanced off that his leg," Collins said. "I knew it hit him good." Harvey (9-3) earned the shutout in his 33rd career start. He pitched nine innings of one-hit ball on May 7 but New York lost in 10. Not this time. Rookie third baseman Wilmer Flores helped make sure of that. Filling in for injured David Wright, Flores cleared the bases in the eighth against Manny Corpas with a three-run double for his first big league RBIs. "I think I was a little more relaxed," Flores said a night after going 0 for 4 in his debut. Omar Quintanilla and John Buck each had RBI singles off Jhoulys Chacin (10-6), who lost for just the third time in his last 11 starts. Flores got his first big league hit and scored on Quintanillas hit in the second inning. Flores went 2 for 4. The Rockies lost for the eighth time in nine games on their 10-game road trip. They lost All-Star left fielder Carlos Gonzalez to the disabled list before the game then learned that Thursday starter Tyler Chatwood was going on the DL with elbow inflammation. His start was pushed back this week because of a hamstring injury. He tested it in a bullpen session Tuesday but had elbow trouble Wednesday. Manager Walt Weiss was not sure who would start Thursday against the Mets. "Tylers been real good for us," Weiss said. "When it rains it pours." Harvey came out for the ninth to loud cheers. And they grew with each out. He retired pinch-hitter Corey Dickerson on a groundout to shortstop Quintanilla. Then Dexter Fowler grounded out to short. The fans stood and chanted "Lets Go Harvey!" when Charlie Blackmon stepped in. The cheers turned to groans when Blackmon lined the pitch off Harveys knee. After his warmup toss, Harvey got Tulowitzki to pop out to second base on his 106th pitch for the final out. "Its awesome," Harvey said of his first shutout. "As a starting pitcher thats what you shoot for every time." The 24-year-old right-hander struck out six without walking a batter. In his previous outing, Harvey lost to a most surprising nemesis, the Miami Marlins. In four starts this season against the Marlins, he is 0-1 with a 3.52 ERA. Against the rest of the majors, he is 9-2 with a stingy 1.84 ERA. Miami tagged him for three runs in 5 2-3 innings on Thursday, but he was in command from the start against Colorado. "He was dirty," Colorados Todd Helton said. "He was as good as Ive seen in a long time." Wilin Rosario grounded a single past a lunging Quintanilla with two outs in the second inning for the Rockies first baserunner. Michael Cuddyer became the next Rockies player to reach with a two-out single to centre field in the fourth. Harvey then set down 11 in a row before Nolan Arenado reached on an infield single. Replays, however, showed the throw from shortstop Quintanilla just beat Arenado. No worries. Harvey got D.J. LeMahieu to ground into a 6-4-3 double play with his 91st pitch. The Mets have said they are going to limit Harveys innings and when Jonathon Niese comes back Sunday the team will go to a six-man rotation for a while to help limit but. On this night, Collins wasnt worried. "He deserved to go back out there," Collins said. "Ill worry about making up those innings later." Chacin was nearly as good, doing it with guile instead of power. Barely reaching 90 on the stadium scoreboard, while Harvey routinely touched the mid-90s, Chacin struck out five and walked one in seven innings. He had little trouble with the top of the Mets order but the bottom caused the trouble. Flores and Buck had two hits apiece. "I got behind in the second (inning) and had to throw fastballs for strikes," Chacin said. "Thats why 6-7-8 were able to get those runs off of me." Ike Davis hit an opposite-field double down the left field line with one out and scored an out later on righty swinging Bucks single to right field for a 2-0 lead. Batting sixth, Flores hit a ground rule double in the eighth off Corpas in centre field to put New York up 5-0. NOTES: Mets OF Lucas Duda (muscle strain in rib cage) was recalled from his rehab assignment and optioned to Triple-A Las Vegas. Duda has been on the DL since June 22. Duda went 7 for 45 (.156) with one HR and six RBIs in his rehab. ... The Rockies recalled LHP Jeff Francis from Triple-A Colorado Springs. ... When Harvey got his fourth strikeout, the Mets flashed on the videoboard "ZackKKKK," for the Mets other young ace, Zack Wheeler. Air Max Outlet Sale .7 million, one-year contract, a raise of $2.2 million. Wieters had asked for $8.75 million and the Orioles had offered $6. Air Max Outlet Cheap . -- Aaron Murray threw for 408 yards and three touchdowns, ran for another score, and led No. http://www.airmaxoutletcheap.com/ . White came in fourth place in the event. He was the two-time defending gold medallist. The gold medal went to Swiss snowboarder Iouri Podladtchikov. Nike Air Max Cheap Wholesale . Defenceman Yannick Weber scored the go-ahead goal early in the third period and the Canucks breathed a sigh of relief with a 2-1 win on Saturday night. Air Max Outlet Wholesale . Canada is now down to its 22-player limit, although but players wont be registered until Christmas Day. Changes could still be made as a result of a suspension or injury. I dread solo runs the way the average person hates tax time. The solitary nature of the run forces me to turn inward, and as a goal-oriented overachiever with a fear of failure, I hate the introspection that these runs cultivate.The thought of spending hours wrestling with my body, willing it to keep going, with no distractions and no community support makes me question my sanity. Ive tried all of the recommended tips and mental tricks, as well as fitness gadgets and apps to make solo running for long distances better.Only one thing has done the trick: virtual runs.I joined two virtual running groups on Facebook because of my love for Harry Potter --?Nerd Herd Running, with money going to the nonprofit Stupid Cancer, and the Hogwarts Running Club, who donates to a different organization every race. When I ran the Dementors Kiss 5K with the Hogwarts Running Club, we raised $45,000 for Miles for Cystic Fibrosis. I liked the idea that the money I spent fueling my running habit also had a larger purpose.Virtual races are runs of a predetermined length that can take place at any location of your choosing during a particular week. You pay the race registration fee and receive a runners bib in your email. Certain running groups require that you submit a proof of time, and after a couple of weeks, you receive a finishers medal.These races dont require travel, so theyre easier on the wallet. And best of all, there are no long lines at the porta-potty.For me, these runs are the perfect combination of nerd culture and running community. Running is one of those activities I never thought I would do. I abhorred physical exercise as a child. I was sedentary in my early 20s from a combination of depression and self-loathing. I wanted to be invisible.One phone call changed my life.It was my 27th birthday, and I needed serious convincing that I should live another year. My childhood friend Jillian called. Buried under the floral comforter in my bedroom, iPhone on speaker, I told her that I am not sure I wanted to continue living.She persuaded me to make a list of all the things I couldnt do, but that I dream of doing. On my list was a completing a marathon.Jill suggested we start small, with a princess-themed 5K. We registered, trained and finished the race together. From there we took on 10Ks and half-marathons and multiple-day challenges.Ive been running, off and on, ever since. Exercise is my version of Defense Against the Dark Arts.?I let my imagination loose on these runs.***Its 5 a.m. when my earbuds go in, and the fusion of sight and sound begins a seamless transition to the Harry Potter Universe. My mind fills in the gaps of my elaborate fantasy. Everyday sights and sounds, with theeir metronomic regularity, transform into rhythmic spectacle.dddddddddddd.My environment becomes animated -- lampposts change into floating candles, illuminating my path. The local YMCA, which towers above the rest of the landscape, morphs into the Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry, strong dramatic architecture silhouetted against an enchanted navy sky.For the first half of my run, I evade the dark forces. Halfway through, my left heel is sore, and my right knee threatens to be uncooperative.I stop.Thats when the Dementors show up. In the Harry Potter Universe, theyre mystical figures shrouded in black gossamer cloth, and they thrive on despair. Their main purpose is to suck the happiness and good memories out of the people that they come across.In my mind theyre always hovering on the periphery, waiting time until I let my guard down. Doubt doesnt take long to blossom once its taken root -- I know that from near fatal bouts with depression. Those brushes with the spectral always left me listless and unmotivated, wracked with nightmares and harboring the belief that I was devoid of talent.I have to keep running. I make it past a large tree Ive dubbed the Whomping Willow before I was forced to stop again. Up ahead I see a Boggart, a shape-shifting creature that takes on the form of the thing you fear most.The resurrected corpse looks like me, but smells like betrayal -- wet, decaying flesh giving way due to neglect. Brain slightly atrophied, cloaked in anger, frustration and fear. She utters sharp, mean statements: I am not fast. I am not brave. I am a failure.My run has a new sense of urgency, to prove the other me wrong, to conquer the things that threaten to drown me if I ever give myself permission to think about them.I am the protagonist. I cant outrun this variant of myself. I have to face her. I surrender to the run; I stop obsessing about the time.I pull the terrible memories and places out of myself and leave them on the pavement. In this alternate universe, I could be gifted and hardworking, and villains were always vanquished, even though all enchantments come with a price. I dont have to be fast -- I just have to finish.Monsters, after all, can be defeated. I know I deserve to cultivate hope, to have peace. I understand it is my right to be happy. My creativity allows me to believe in the incredible, to not be limited by the bounds of my own experience. I know, at the end of all of this, that I can endure.Latria Graham is a writer, editor and cultural critic. She is currently living in South Carolina. Follow her @LGRaconteur cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: