s biggest race at the Meadowlands.It wasnt only a win for Paula Wellwood. Her mother, Marion, and Paulas son, Devin, own the son

in Fragen 21.12.2018 07:08
von t123 • 2.563 Beiträge

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. -- After three decades of trying, the Wellwood family finally won the Hambletonian.Marion Marauder held off Southwind Frank at the wire Saturday to capture the $1 million Hambletonian and make Paula Wellwood the second female trainer to win trottings biggest race at the Meadowlands.It wasnt only a win for Paula Wellwood. Her mother, Marion, and Paulas son, Devin, own the son of Muscle Hill. Her father, the late Hall of Famer Bill Wellwood, tried nine times to win this race for 3-year-olds, racing in the first Hambletonian at the Meadowlands in 1981.It means the world, Paula Wellwood said of winning. It was my fathers dream and its been my mother and my dream. We have tried. This is our third horse in it. Had some luck. Thought we had some luck with Laddie in finishing third to Donato Hanover (2007). We were excited beyond excited. Then this horse came along. You dare to dream.The dream came true because Meadowlands leading driver Scott Zeron gave Marion Marauder a perfect trip in winning by a nose over of last years 2-year-old champion and the pre-race favorite.Zeron moved Marion Marauder past Bar Hopping, the first elimination winner, at the top of the stretch and appeared to be in command until Yannick Gingras moved Southwind Frank along the inside and just missed for the second straight year.Gingras finished second with Mission Brief in 2014.I cant believe it, said the 27-year-old Zeron, who became the second youngest driver to win the Hambletonian. I tried to get the jump on everyone. My horse was strong coming first up and I wanted to get a good two or three length cushion on the field, but I know my horse better, I should have waited to pull the trigger because sometimes when he gets clear of them, hell wander. He was just not paying attention but he stuck his nose out and he got there.Tom Haughton was 25 when he won with Speed Bowl in 1982.Marion Marauder, who edged Southwind Frank in the second elimination for the final, trotted the mile in 1:51.4 in winning for the sixth time in seven starts this year. The bay colt, who won only once in 13 starts last year, paid $7, $3.40 and $3.The difference was he grew a bit, got bigger and stronger, but the real difference was he learned how to win, Paula Wellwood said.Southwind Frank returned $3.80 and $3, and Sutton finished third and paid $6.60.Bar Hopping, who was looking to five trainer Jimmy Takter his third straight Hambletonian win and record-tying fifth overall, faded to fifth.Takter and Gingras combined to win their third straight Hambletonian Oaks when All The Time ($9.20) closed in the stretch to catch pacesetter Caprice Hill.It was the sixth win in the Oaks for Takter, tying Jan Johnson for most wins by a trainer in the race for 3-year-old trotting filliesAll The Time, who had finished second in her last two starts, took the lead in the stretch and was almost four lengths in front in winning fourth time in seven starts this year. The winning time was a lifetime best of 1:52.1.On the Hambletonian undercard: What The Hill ($18.60) won the $294,450 Peter Haughton Memorial for 2-year-old colts and geldings; Ariana G ($3.20) took the $306,500 Jim Doherty Memorial for 2-year-old fillies; Meadowlands Pace winner Control The Moment ($3.20) won the $320,000 Cane, the opening leg of pacings Triple Crown for 3-year-olds; Shamballa ($19.80) won the $225,550 US Pacing Championship; Lady Shadow ($3.80) won the $235,950 Lady Liberty. Cheap Air Jordan 6 .J. -- Pitcher Carl Pavano is retiring after 14 major league seasons. Cheap Jordan 6 Free Shipping . The deal is pending a physical, assistant general manager Bobby Evans said. Traded from Seattle to Baltimore on Aug. 30, Morse also can play first base and right field to give manager Bruce Bochy some flexibility in writing his lineup. http://www.airjordan6cheap.com/ . Shot outdoors against the stunning backdrop of Banff, Alta., the networks 30-minute original production airs tonight at 8pm et/5pm pt on TSN2. The four All-Star teams will play for $100,000 in prize money during TSNs annual skins game, airing live this weekend on TSN from The Fenlands Banff Recreation Centre. Jordan 6 Shoes For Sale . They reached the 100-point plateau for the fourth time in five games, bested the visiting Trail Blazers by 34 in the paint and scored 19 of the final 25 points in regulation. Cheap Jordan Retro 6 For Sale . Kiriasis and brakeman Franziska Fritz finished two runs in one minute 55.41 seconds -- a mere 0.01 seconds ahead of Meyers and Lolo Jones, who likely bolstered her Olympic hopes by helping give USA-1 a huge push in the second heat. RIO DE JANEIRO -- Back when the first womens Olympic soccer tournament was held in 1996 at the Atlanta Games, they were players: Silvia Neid played for Germany and Pia Sundhage for Sweden.Twenty years later, they are coaches for their native countries, facing off in the gold-medal match at the Rio Olympics. Bound together by long careers in soccer, theyll momentarily put aside their friendly camaraderie Friday at Maracana Stadium.It will be Neids last match as coach of the German team. After the Olympics shes stepping down to take on a scouting role.The two met in the hallway at Maracana on Thursday before meeting with reporters. Neid said Sundhage asked what she was planning to do with her time, perhaps play golf?No, no, no, Neid said she replied. Im going to keep on watching womens football and see how I can get any trends about the way that you play.Competitors always.The two faced off last at the Womens World Cup in Canada last summer, with Germany coming out on top 4-1 in the opening match of the knockout round. Sweden defeated Germany in a friendly in early 2015, but otherwise Germany has dominated the meetings with eight straight victories in major competitive tournaments.I remember we played in 95 against each other and Sweden won, in Sweden. Thats a neat memory, Sundhage said. And shes been in football forever, same as me. ... Shes been very, very successful. It will be great to play her again and hopefully -- compared to the other results against German lately -- hopefully well get a result and Sweden will score one more goal than Germany.Neid played in 111 games for the German national team from 1982-96, scoring 48 goals. During her playing career, Germany won three UEFA championships and was runner up at the 1995 World Cup. Her last match as a player was at the Atlanta Games, against Brazil.She went on to be an assistant on Germans team that won the 2003 World Cup, then took over as coach of the senior women in 2005, leading the team to another World Cup title in 2007. She was named FIFA Womens Coach of the Year for 2010.Shes the kind of coach who can really improve players, said former German goalkeeper Nadine Angerer. Shes incredible as a coach. She sees weaknessses and she has solutions to make every single player better.ddddddddddddSundhage has had an equally illustrious career. She scored 71 goals in 146 appearances with Swedens national team from 1975-96.Sundhage won gold medals as a coach of the U.S. national team at both the Beijing and London Games. She led the Americans to the final match of the 2011 World Cup, but the team fell on penalties to Japan. She returned home to coach Sweden in 2013.Both teams have had a very different run through Brazil. Sweden defeated the favored Americans in the quarterfinals. The Swedes parked the bus in defense against the three-time defending Olympic champions, surviving 4-3 on a penalty shootout following a 1-1 draw in Brasilia.U.S. goalkeeper Hope Solo stirred controversy after the match when she called Sweden a bunch of cowards for employing the tactic. But it clearly worked, so Sweden took much the same approach in the semifinals against Brazil, again advancing 4-3 on penalties following a scoreless draw against the hosts.Germany, ranked No. 2 in the world, avenged a loss to Canada earlier in the games, sending the Canadians to the bronze-medal match with a 2-0 victory.Both teams are playing in their first Olympic final. It is also the first all-European final since womens soccer became an Olympic sport in 1996.Germany has won the bronze medal three times, in Sydney, Athens and Beijing. Sweden has never been on the podium.The two teams have met three total times at the Olympics, and the Germans have won all three -- the most recent was a 2-0 victory in extra time in the quarterfinals at the 2008 Beijing Games.The Germans famously defeated Sweden 2-1 on a golden goal in the 98th minute to win the 2003 Womens World Cup, which was held in the United States because of the SARS outbreak in China.Sundhage, known for breaking into song at news conferences, was asked if she had a tune for the moment. She sounded a hopeful note for Sweden, singing The times they are a-changing.Neid laughed at a similar question: I cant sing. But I can dance. I need Pia to do the music. cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: