MAR DEL PLATA, Argentina -- Italy reached the quarterfinals of the Davis Cup on Sunday when Fabio Fognini defeated Carlos Berloc

in Green Valley's Ranch 22.12.2018 04:48
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

MAR DEL PLATA, Argentina -- Italy reached the quarterfinals of the Davis Cup on Sunday when Fabio Fognini defeated Carlos Berlocq of Argentina to give Italy an unassailable 3-1 lead in the best-of-five series. Jordan Martinook Jersey . Fognini defeated Berlocq 6-7 (5), 6-4, 6-1, 6-4 in 3 hours, 38 minutes. It was Italys first victory over Argentina in Davis Cup play, and the loss ended Argentinas 12-year streak of reaching the quarterfinals. "It was a perfect weekend," Fognini said. "We knew that Argentina was a tough team, but I was very focused mentally." Italy took control on Saturday when doubles pair Fognini and Simone Bolelli defeated Argentinas Eduardo Schwank and Horacio Zeballos. Italy won its lone Davis Cup title in 1976. Argentina has never won and has lost four times in the final. Argentina played the weekend matches without its top player Juan Martin del Potro, who is skipping the Davis Cup to concentrate on tour events. Argentinas other top player David Nalbandian retired last year. Julien Gauthier Jersey ., climbed from seventh to fifth spot in womens competition Sunday at the ISU world junior figure skating championships. Calvin De Haan Jersey . The judge sternly instructed the prosecutor to restrain himself and he apologized -- then went right back to trying to pick holes in the testimony of the double-amputee runner. It was a harsh day of cross-examination for Pistorius, challenged relentlessly about his account of the moments just before he killed Reeva Steenkamp, as well as circumstances related to several firearms charges against him, including the firing of a gun in a crowded restaurant. http://www.officialhurricanesfanstore.com/authentic-brock-mcginn-hurricanes-jersey/ .com) - Willie Cauley-Stein and Karl-Anthony Towns each scored 12 points in the top-ranked Kentucky Wildcats 70-55 victory over the Alabama Crimson Tide.LAS VEGAS -- Uriah Hall limped away from UFC 175 with a win and a toe pointing in another direction. The 29-year-old middleweight from New York City broke his toe in the first round against Brazils Thiago Santos on Saturday night. And things got more gruesome after that. The crowd at the Mandalay Bay Events Center first noticed the injury when the cameras zoomed in on the disfigured toe after the first round. There was an audible groan around the arena when it was shown on the big screens. Hall came out for the second round, with the top of the toe next to his big toe sticking up almost vertically. "I remember throwing a front kick and he blocked it but I didnt realize I had broken my toe," Hall said later. "I was putting it in my head that it wasnt broken but I kept looking down and seeing it. I tried to pop it back in after the round ended before the (Nevada State Athletic) Commission inspectors came over and saw it but they were too quick for me. "In the moment you just feel numb and luckily that pushes you on in the fight. But in between rounds it creeps into your mind that you should stop so Im very thankful for my coaches who kept my head in the game and supported me the whole way through. . . . In that third round I just thought to myself this is my time to prove to everyone that I have what it takes.. Janne Kuokkanen Jersey. I left it all out there." The ringside physician spoke to Hall after the second round but let him finish. By the end of the fight, the dislodged bone had poked a hole through the skin. Hall (10-4) won by unanimous decision, admitting that he could feel the bone shifting in and out of his skin as the bout wore on. He limped out of the cage with his arm around a cornermans shoulder. His toe was pointed in a different direction. "It was a pretty nasty break," UFC president Dana White said by way of understatement. Hall was taken to hospital after the fight, tweeting pictures of medical staff at work put his toe back where it should be. He also tweeted an X-ray of the broken toe with the message: "If youre not going after your dreams, you just exist." He added the hashtag .toemuchtoohandle. Hall won rave reviews from White for his early performances on Season 17 of "The Ultimate Fighter." But he was beaten in the finale of the reality TV show and lost his first two fights in the UFC, leading White to question his mental toughness. "It was good to see him let his hand go tonight and fight through a broken toe," said White. "Hes back, I like it." The win was the second straight for Hall, following a first-round TKO of Chris (The Crippler) Leben. Authentic Nike Tampa Bay Buccaneers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Tennessee Titans Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Washington Redskins Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Arizona Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Denver Broncos Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Green Bay Packers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Los Angeles Chargers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike New England Patriots Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Oakland Raiders Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Seattle Seahawks Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Carolina Panthers Jerseys Cheap Authentic Nike Cleveland Browns Jerseys Cheap Cheap Throwback Baseball Arizona Diamondbacks Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Atlanta Braves Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Baltimore Orioles Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Boston Red Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago Cubs Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Chicago White Sox Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cincinnati Reds Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Cleveland Indians Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: