Jarvis Landry knew Baker Mayfield was “ready” since draft day Jarvis

in News 29.12.2018 09:06
von liny195 • 147 Beiträge

Landry said Baker Mayfield’s attitude and charisma are “contagious http://www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com/joel-bitonio-jersey ,” and that he knew the rookie was ready to play from the day the Cleveland Browns drafted him.Landry has said a lot. He has also backed it up by becoming the focal point of the Cleveland Browns offense. But even as a proven performer, the receiver said he needs to tweak some things with Mayfield taking over the quarterback position.“I got to turn up the JUGS machine to like eight or nine now, since Baker throws that ball so hard. He threw one to me in the game and I dropped it because I didn’t even know how to put my hands, and before I could make the decision, the ball was on me,” Landry said on NFL Network Ian Rapoport’s RapSheet and Friends podcast. “So, I just realized it’s a little bit of a different ball, a lot more velocity, so I definitely got to get on the JUGS for that, and catch as many balls from Baker as possible.”“I just kind of kept running and before you know it the ball was up and he throws the ball with so much zing,” Landry told Rapoport. “It got to me so quickly.”Mayfield’s velocity and quick decision-making were two standout traits he showcased last Thursday. While he might not fit the prototypical physical mold many think of when they imagine the ideal NFL quarterback, he spins a pretty football like you’d expect.You know there’s some English on those passes if a veteran like Landry is having to make adjustments to keep up.But throwing a pretty ball and making quick decisions aren’t all that goes into engineering a successful offense. It takes a connection between a quarterback and his receivers.“It is just trust. He is a football player and so am I. The trust level. To say that we have not gotten any reps [the trust level] seemed pretty high on Thursday,” Landry said during Wednesday’s player availability.There’s still a ways to go before Landry and Mayfield completely trust and are familiar enough with one another, but early returns have been positive. They’re going to be put in new situations each week and will benefit from figuring each other out when challenged in different ways.Since trust is so important, it’s remarkable how quickly the pair were able to build up a playing rapport despite not practicing together much at all. That speaks to how much both players prepare, not just in the week leading up to game day, but every day since they showed up in Berea.Because of his talent, attitude and work ethic, Landry said he has known for awhile that the rookie has what it takes to play in the NFL.“Since the day that that they drafted him www.clevelandbrownsteamonline.com ,” Landry responded to the question. “Obviously, understanding the potential and the things that he can do and what makes him special and having the guys around him with the trust level at a premium to make the plays, as well.”“One thing that I know about him, he walks it like he talks it,” Landry added. “That is something that I appreciate and I respect about him and that he has continued to do.”After another solid day of interviews, Landry wouldn’t escape without leaving us another sound bite to chew on as we prepare for Mayfield’s first NFL start.“It’s that walk it talk it. He definitely has that attitude and charisma, and you know that’s contagious,” Landry finished with a chuckle. “It’s contagious.“Contagious.” The Browns are back at home this week to take on the Chiefs in Week 9. Here are some nuggets about Sunday’s contest, as well as how you can watch or listen to the game.Game InformationGame Time/Date: Sunday, November 4, 2018 at 1:00 PM ETLocation: FirstEnergy Stadium, Cleveland, OHTV Channel: CBS - Greg Gumbel (play-by-play), Trent Green (analyst), Bruce Arians (analyst)Local Radio: 92.3 The Fan (WKRK-FM), ESPN 850 WKNR, WNCX (98.5 FM)Online streaming: FuboTVWeather: 52 degrees (feels like 48). 0% chance of precipitation, 13 MPH wind from the Southeast.Odds: Chiefs by 9 points.Over/under: 52.5The areas in BLUE will get to watch the game live, per 506sports:UniformThe Browns’ Twitter account says the team will wear brown jerseys against the Chiefs.Interesting Stats / NotesQB Baker Mayfield - By throwing multiple touchdowns Cleveland Browns T-Shirt , will have done so in four games this season, tying Tim Couch (1999) for the second most by a Browns rookie in a season.DE Myles Garrett - With at least one sack, will have 16 in his first 20 career games, tying for the seventh most in the category in league history.The Browns’ defense has improved its -28 2017 turnover ratio to a league-best +11.ConnectionsBrowns General Manager John Dorsey served in the same capacity with Kansas City from 2013-16. During that span, the Chiefs had the fourth-highest winning percentage in the NFL (.672), recorded at least nine wins all four seasons, drafted three players to make the Pro Bowl as rookies and earned three playoff berths. Dorsey was named 2013 Executive of the Year by the Pro Football Writers of America.Browns senior offensive assistant Al Saunders spent 15 seasons in Kansas City, serving as WR coach from 1989-98 and returning as offensive coordinator from 2001-05. Saunders also held the title of assistant head coach during his entirety with the Chiefs.Chiefs TE Travis Kelce (Cleveland Heights), RB Kareem Hunt (Willoughby) and LB Anthony Hitchens (Lorain) are Northeast Ohio natives. Kelce played collegiately at Cincinnati, while Hunt played at Toledo.Chiefs OL Mitchell Schwartz was a second-round pick by the Browns in 2017, playing his first four seasons in Cleveland.Browns TE Orson Charles also spent a portion of the 2017 season in Kansas City, playing in the team’s final five games.Chiefs P Dustin Colquitt is the older brother of Browns P Britton Colquitt.Chiefs OL Cam Erving was drafted by the Browns with the 19th overall selection in 2015.Cheifs OL Austin Reiter and Andrew Wylie, along with LB Nate Orchard, all spent time with the Browns.HistoryThe Browns have an 11-21-2 all-time record against the Chiefs.The last time these two teams met was on December 27, 2015 in Kansas City, where the Browns lost to the Chiefs 17-13. Johnny Manziel started, but was only 13-of-32 in completions. Manziel did run 11 times for 108 yards. The Browns were down 17-3 at the half and pitched a second-half shutout 10-0, but that wasn’t enough to complete the comeback.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: