CHARLOTTE, N. [url=http://www.nikefreecanada.com/]Nike Free Clearance Canada[/url] .C. -- NASCAR will require baseline concussio

in Green Valley's Ranch 04.01.2019 03:47
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

CHARLOTTE, N. Nike Free Clearance Canada .C. -- NASCAR will require baseline concussion testing for its drivers starting next season. NASCAR had only recommended the testing this season, but indicated to drivers that a preseason baseline screening could become mandatory as early as 2014. The baseline test will be compared with test results taken after a driver has crashed to help diagnose a concussion. "NASCAR made this decision because we think it is important to drivers health for doctors to have the best information and tools available in evaluating injuries," said Steve ODonnell, NASCAR vice-president of racing operations. Drivers were informed of the mandate during a Thursday meeting at the R&D Center in Concord with top NASCAR officials that lasted nearly two hours and covered a variety of topics concerning 2014 changes. The baseline testing will be performed through the widely used neurocognitive assessment ImPACT test, which evaluates an athletes verbal and visual memory, processing speed and reaction time. "Before announcing this rule, we provided drivers concussion and baseline testing education and created opportunities for them to ask any questions they may have to a top neurosurgeon that specializes in traumatic brain injuries," ODonnell said. "ImPACT tests are not new to our sport and have been used for treatment through the years." ODonnell said in February that NASCAR had identified 32 concussions in its top three national series since 2004, including three in 2012. One suffered by Dale Earnhardt Jr. forced NASCAR concussions into the spotlight. Earnhardt was injured in a crash during an August 2012 tire test at Kansas, but didnt seek treatment for a mild concussion. His stubborn streak instead kept him behind the wheel, and he was then part of a 25-car pileup in October at Talladega that triggered lingering headaches and other recognizable warning signs. Earnhardt went to a doctor, and he was ultimately benched for two races. Earnhardts plight led four-time series champion Jeff Gordon to voluntarily take the ImPACT test, which has long been mandatory in the IndyCar Series. "I just think whether its voluntary or not, its a good idea to have," Gordon said in February. "I dont think that NASCAR necessarily has to make it mandatory, but if youre a race car driver, and you feel youre going to be here for a while, you need to make it mandatory to yourself." Drivers this year were invited to two concussion education sessions featuring Dr. Vinay Deshmukh of Carolina Neurosurgery & Spine Associates, a member of NASCARs medical advisory group. Drivers were presented with an overview of what concussions are, their causes, treatment and the role that baseline tests play in the comprehensive evaluation of concussions. "We are extremely confident that our concussion protocol is among the best in sports," ODonnell said. "We regularly review all of our practices involving safety and health to see if there is anything that we can do better, or should do differently moving forward. Implementing baseline testing is a primary example of our philosophy to protect our competitors the best that we can." Nike Free Shoes Canada . McCutchen hit his first home run in over a month, doubled twice and scored two runs to help the Pirates beat the Los Angeles Dodgers 5-3 on Sunday and take three of four from the defending NL West champions. Cheap Nike Free Canada . -- On any given day here at his companys Silicon Valley headquarters, Vivek Ranadive is ready to compete against any employee who wants to challenge him to any contest. http://www.nikefreecanada.com/ . Weise will have his hearing with the NHL head office over the phone, while the league has requested an in-person hearing with Kassian. Oilers centre Sam Gagner suffered a broken jaw after getting hit with a high stick from Kassian in Edmontons 5-2 win.As the New York Rangers made their run to the Stanley Cup final last spring, Martin St. Louis was their soothsayer. "It just seemed like whatever Marty was saying was kind of coming true," defenceman Ryan McDonagh said. Looking back, McDonagh said, its hard to imagine the Rangers getting so far had they not acquired the veteran winger at the trade deadline. St. Louis had been through a similar experience in 2004 winning the Cup with the Tampa Bay Lightning and now gets the opportunity he didnt 10 years ago because of the lockout. "I didnt have a chance at continuity," St. Louis said as part of a promotional media tour for new NHL sponsor Crest. "This year Im looking forward to that continuity. I know we didnt win or anything, but Im looking forward to that." St. Louis gets continuity: a first training camp under coach Alain Vigneault and more time to spend with the teammates who helped support him when his mother died during the playoffs. With an off-season house in Greenwich, Conn., now his and his familys full-time home, it was a more relaxing summer not having to pick up and move in August. The Laval, Que., native has gotten more time with his family, including wife Heather whos doing Crest marketing with him. It might be safe to assume a hockey players wife has a more perfect smile than her husband. But the Rangers are a team in some flux. Gone from the Eastern Conference-champion group are defenceman Anton Stralman and forward Brian Boyle, who signed with the Lightning, and centre Brad Richards, who was bought out and went to Chicago. New York added veteran defenceman Dan Boyle, a 2010 Team Canada gold medal-winner, and grinder Tanner Glass and expect younger players to also fill some holes. "I think every teams in that situation," St. Louis said. "Its what you make of it, its how you embrace those guys, how you welcome them. You cant look at them as replacing the players you lost. You want them to be themselves and play their game, so were going to make sure that happens." St. Louis has only been around since March, when the Rangers traded captain Ryan Callahan and draft picks to Tampa Bay for him. But as the search for a new captain is on, St. Louis is among the candidates along with McDonagh, Marc Staal, Dan Girardi and Rick Nash. The 39-yearr-old said hes more worried about being a teammate than having an official leadership position. Nike Free Canada Sale. "Ive had a lot of experience in this league on and off the ice, Ive been in many situations," he said. "I feel like I help my teammates regardless because I can relate to them. Ive been a guy in the minors, Ive been a guy called up, Ive been a guy scratched, Ive been a third and fourth-liner, Ive been a top player. I feel like I can relate to them and I can help them out." St. Louis has already helped plenty. Not only was he tied for second on the Rangers in post-season points with 15 (eight goals, seven assists) but teammates looked to him as a calming influence. "I love that with players that, in stressful situations theyre still calm to make the decisions and say good things," goaltender Henrik Lundqvist said. "But you still want to see the fire, you still want to see the edge and I think he has both sides of that." On the ice, St. Louis noticed practice habits that others didnt. "Theres no small play with him," McDonagh said. "If he sees something in practice that were working on on the power play or even just line rushes with his (other) winger and his centre, hes always grabbing guys, talking about what he sees and whats feeling to try to get on the same page with you and you get on the same page with him so that in a game hopefully the executions a lot better." St. Louis said the credit for the Rangers playoff run from teammates was flattering but brushed it off. "Its collectively everybody," he said. "I dont think its just me. I try to play my part as everybody thats important to the team (does), and collectively we were able to do the things that we did. I dont think it was one guy." No Stanley Cup final loser has made it back the next year since the Pittsburgh Penguins did it in 2009. Thanks to experience, St. Louis hopes the Rangers have what it takes to buck that trend. "Its so hard to repeat, its so hard to get back there," he said. "Were hoping to break that this year and get back there and not be disappointed with the result. "I know we have a lot of new guys, but you try as a team, you try to build it up and get the chemistry and get better as the year goes on and really try to hit your stride at the right time." Cheap Throwback Baseball Detroit Tigers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Colorado Rockies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Houston Astros Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Kansas City Royals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Angels Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Los Angeles Dodgers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Miami Marlins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Milwaukee Brewers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Minnesota Twins Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Mets Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball New York Yankees Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Oakland Athletics Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Philadelphia Phillies Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Pittsburgh Pirates Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Diego Padres Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball San Francisco Giants Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Seattle Mariners Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball St. Louis Cardinals Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Tampa Bay Rays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Texas Rangers Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Toronto Blue Jays Jerseys Cheap Throwback Baseball Washington Nationals Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: