While the Carolina Panthers opened the regular season

in Fragen 17.01.2019 03:18
von douhua2233 • 31 Beiträge

While the Carolina Panthers opened the regular season with a 16-8 win against the Dallas Cowboys Authentic Donte Jackson Jersey , it did not come without a cost.Three-time Pro Bowl tight end Greg Olsen spent the second half watching the game from the sideline on crutches with his right foot in a boot 鈥?the same foot he fractured in 2017 causing him to miss nine games. Later in the game, second-team All-Pro right tackle Daryl Williams was carted off with a knee injury and did not return.Panthers coach Ron Rivera and general manager Marty Hurney offered no immediate updates Monday on the extent of the injuries."I've told you this, and I'll tell you again: I have not talked to RV (head athletic trainer Ryan Vermillion)," Rivera said Monday. "I usually wait until after this (news conference). It's a question I'm not going to answer. I don't know (the extent of the injury), to be honest with you."The Panthers are expected to turn to rookie Ian Thomas to start Sunday at tight end against Atlanta, while Amini Silatolu will likely fill in at right tackle.The Panthers are high on Thomas Womens Greg Van Roten Jersey , who they think has the combination of receiving and blocking skills to be a good fit in their offense, even though he only played two seasons of major college football at Indiana."I think he's pretty well prepared," Rivera said. "There are some things, obviously, that he still has to learn and he has a long way to go in terms of having the natural feel that Greg has and having that rapport Greg has."He's been good with his blocking, he's been good with his route running http://www.carolinapanthersteamonline.com/graham-gano-jersey , he's been good with his receiving. But he's got to get better as a route runner, a blocker and a receiver. He's a young guy. There's a lot to his game he's got to learn."When the Panthers drafted Thomas with the first pick in the fourth round this year they did so with the idea of bringing him along slowly and learning behind Olsen.He was a project, more or less.But now everything has been fast-tracked."It's like going right into the fire and playing right away," Thomas said. "Learning from my mistakes every play. I played two years of college football but I guess now is my time to get all of the kinks out."Thomas said he spoke to several teams before the NFL draft and walked away feeling that some of them felt like he wasn't a good blocker. He disagrees and is out to change that image."I felt like I have gotten much better over the last few months," Thomas said.As for Williams, he dislocated his kneecap and tore the medial collateral ligament in training camp but managed to return for the season opener Womens C.J. Anderson Jersey , which was no small feat. But he injured the same knee against the Cowboys when he got hit there by another player's helmet.Silatolu, who had pretty much won the starting left guard spot before his own knee injury in preseason, will test his ware at the tackle spot if called upon to start.Panthers 2018 season opener countdown: 77 days to go We are 77 days away from the beginning of the Carolina Panthers 2018 season. That means today we take a closer look at defensive end Zach Moore.Zach Moore, Defensive endBioHeight: 6’6”Weight: 275 lbsAge: 27College: Concordia-St. PaulNFL Experience: 2 yearsMoore bounced around the league with several teams before arriving in Carolina last season. He spent the first 11 weeks of 2017 on the Panthers’ practice squad before being added to the active roster for the final five weeks. While he was on the 53-man roster, he was never activated on game day. Moore will have a tough task ahead of him to make the roster in 2018. The Panthers have a lot of bodies at the defensive end position on the 90-man roster, and Moore will be competing with several young guys for a bottom of the depth chart spot. I think the Panthers will try to find a way to keep him on the practice squad again this year as a ‘break glass in case of emergency’ option Womens Da'Norris Searcy Jersey , but I don’t see him being much more than that for the Panthers in 2018.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: