game.But a stroke of luck saw her grab a last-minute ticket in t

in Fragen 18.01.2019 06:29
von t123 • 2.563 Beiträge

DETROIT -- Just win continues to be the daily mantra of Detroit and Kansas City until winning will no longer be mathematically good enough to get them into baseballs postseason.Theyre trained themselves not to look too far ahead, manager Brad Ausmus said of his Tigers, who Saturday afternoon host the Royals in the middle game of their weekend series. Theyre not looking past (this game).The Tigers beat the Royals 8-3 on Friday night to maintain their position as the second wild-card team in the American League. Detroit is a half-game up on Baltimore and a game back of Toronto.Kansas City is on track to become the latest World Series winner not to qualify for the playoffs the season after.The Royals must climb over multiple teams to claim a wild-card spot and it gets less likely with each loss.The injuries definitely took a toll on us this year, Kansas City manager Ned Yost said. We lost some key players and two big pieces in the middle of our lineup with Moose (Mike Moustakas) and with (Lorenzo) Cain.We lost Hoch (reliever Luke Hochevar) and we lost Wade (closer Davis) twice. Wades doing fine. Its part of the game. Youve just got to be able to deal with it and continue to keep striving and keep moving forward.Kansas City right-hander Yordano Ventura (11-11, 4.35 ERA) takes the ball Saturday and opposes left-hander Daniel Norris (3-2, 3.63).Ventura is coming off his second career complete game in his last outing, an 8-3 victory over the Chicago White Sox. Hes 5-4 with a 3.42 ERA in 13 post-All-Star game starts.The Tigers have yet to beat Ventura, who in 10 starts plus one relief appearance is 7-0 against Detroit with a 2.84 ERA.Norris has faced the Royals three times previously in his two-season career with an 0-1 record and 3.57 ERA in three starts. Two of those starts and one loss have come this year.I think theres a little bit of a sense of urgency now, Ausmus said. This is our last home stand now; last chance at home to try and do something in the standings.Were playing against two teams that know each other very well in Kansas City and Cleveland and we know (them) very well. For some reason, maybe I was the only one who felt it, but I thought there was more energy.You just keep moving forward. Thats how youre trained when you play this game. You just keep plowing forward. Theres no rearview mirror.We control where we end up, said Ian Kinsler, who reached base four times Friday with two walks, a single and a double in his return to the lineup after missing three games with concussion symptoms.I thought, being back home with the music in the background, the fans cheering, it was a little bit of a different atmosphere, Ausmus said. Were hoping the rest of this homestand, the next six games, we see similar results, and we see the same atmosphere in the stadium.There was a palpable difference in the ballpark. Black Adidas Ultra Boost 2018 . Brandon Morrow allowed five runs on six hits over three innings. He struck out two, walked one and hit a batter. Edwin Encarnacion had a two-out, bases loaded two-RBI double in the third inning. Mens Adidas Ultra Boost 2018 . MLS Commissioner Don Garber and Miami-Dade County Mayor Carlos Gimenez also will attend the session, which was announced Monday. The league has discussed placing its next two expansion teams in Miami and Atlanta. http://www.cheapultraboostfreeshipping.com/ .35 million, one-year contract that avoided salary arbitration. Plouffe batted .254 with 14 home runs and 52 RBIs in 477 at-bats last season, his second as a regular in the lineup. Cheap Ultra Boost White . Cote was eligible to become a free agent Feb. 15. Cote helped running back Jon Cornish run for a league-high 1,813 rushing yards en route to being named the leagues most outstanding player. Orange Adidas Ultra Boost 2018 . Ashley Youngs cross was inadvertently headed by Chester into his own net in the 66th minute, allowing United to claim a third straight league win. "We had to dig deep with our fighting spirit and weve done that," United striker Wayne Rooney said. When Blake Bortles punted the football into the stands at Londons Wembley Stadium, he was probably unaware just how special a catch it would make.Underneath his kick in the British capital was a fan named Katie Edwards, who was lucky just to be in the ground, let alone on the receiving end of the Jacksonville quarterbacks punt.Edwards was at the Jaguars narrow victory over the Colts on Sunday as a volunteer to help fans find their way around the vast stadium -- a role that does not guarantee her a seat at the game.But a stroke of luck saw her grab a last-minute ticket in the third row and her afternoon was made even more special when Bortles celebratory punt following his second-quarter touchdown landed in her lap.My friend tried to catch [the ball], but it literally came right at me, Edwards, a 39-year-old personal assistant from London, told ESPN. Im a terrible catch, I used to play in defense, so the idea that not only have I managed to catch a ball, but Ive actually caught a punt from Bortles -- that just blows me away.I tried to get a ticket for the game, but of course it was sold out. Sometimes though, as a thank you for volunteering, we get given tickets. So I was really lucky to be there. That chair may have been empty if I hadnt been sat there.Speaking in his postgame media conference, Bortles admitted he hoped the ball would make a fitting souvenir for a British fan, but Edwards wasnt sure she would be able to keep it. A fan catching a ball at a Premier League soccer match, for example, is usually expected to return it.ddddddddddddI wasnt sure what happened when they kick a ball into the crowd, Edwards said. Very quickly a lady came up to me asking me to give the ball back, which I did. But then a man said theyd replace it, so Ive actually got the practice ball.Im definitely going to keep it. Ill probably buy a case for it and keep it forever.The Jaguars have committed to playing a regular season game in London every year until 2020 and were nominally the home team against the Colts on Sunday.But the NFLs International Series is becoming known for the sheer range of fans that show up to the games, with almost every team represented by the jerseys in the stands.While she was rooting for the Jaguars on Sunday, Edwards admitted she is a Packers fan at heart, and revealed the touching story behind her choice of teams.Im a big NFL fan, she said. The Packers are my main team. Its quite an embarrassing reason, but Wisconsin is where Dungeons and Dragons was invented.When I was young I used to watch it on Channel 4 with my dad. Then I was looking for a team to support and Green Bay were from Wisconsin, I loved everything about Wisconsin, so it had to be Green Bay.A lot of fans Ive spoken to here have a primary team and then a secondary team. Thats kind of how I am. Ill always be a main Packers fan, but the Jags are my second team because theyve given so much to London and the sport in this country. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: