s with no outs. Nick Markakis popped out, but Machado singled t

in Fragen 19.01.2019 06:31
von t123 • 2.563 Beiträge

COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Noah Browns circus TD catch against Oklahoma last Saturday was replayed over and over and retweeted for days, but his Ohio State teammates werent as impressed as everyone else. Theyve seen it all before.Brown, a wide receiver whod caught one pass at Ohio State prior to this season, had four touchdown receptions in the Buckeyes 45-24 victory over the Sooners. But the one everyone is still talking about happened at the end of the first half when Brown grabbed a J.T. Barrett pass and hugged the ball against the back of defensive back Michiah Quick as they fell out of bounds.A great catch? Sure, said Barrett, but not a huge deal. The quarterback has been raving about Browns suction-cup hands for months already.I guess thats the funny thing, we see him practice so its almost like its no big deal, Barrett said. And then it happens in a game, when everybody else sees it in the country and its blown up like that, I guess we forget that not everybody has seen that.Brown, a 6-foot-2 New Jersey native, saw limited playing time as a freshman in the 2014 national championship season and was expected to play a huge role last year before breaking a leg during fall training camp. This year, hes second on the team with nine catches for 134 yards, and he leads the way with five touchdowns.But the catch with Quick draped all over him in a nationally televised Saturday night game suddenly put him on college footballs radar.Any time J.T. puts the ball in the air hes putting trust in me, and I try to come down with the ball for him, Brown said. I have to have my quarterbacks back. It felt good to make that play and put some points on the board for us.Like Barrett, coach Urban Meyer said he already knew what Brown could do. And he also knows that Brown is still recovering from the broken leg that sidelined him all of last season.Hes still not at the top end of speed, Meyer said. He still not quite 100 percent, which shows you just how good he can become. We all know he has the ability, but Id say the quality of competition he did it against is always a little shocking when you have that kind of night.WORKING ON THE LITTLE THINGSOhio State players said they are using the off week to work on their mistakes and try to improve before embarking on the grueling nine-game Big Ten schedule beginning Oct. 1. Ohio State is No. 2 in the AP Top 25 Poll .Barrett said hes working on communicating better with receivers who had trouble getting lined up in time at various points during the Oklahoma game, leading to forced time outs and a delay-of-game penalty. Also hes striving to get the ball out of his hands quicker and trust his playmakers.Everybody is looking for ways to get better, said H-back Curtis Samuel, who leads the team in receiving yards and is second in rushing behind tailback Mike Weber. Nobody is satisfied with where theyre at. Everybody is just looking to push each other and get each other to that point where they can really explode and really show their talents.HUG A BIG GUYBarrett said he didnt even want to think about what would happen if an Ohio State player dropped the ball right before crossing the goal line. There has been an epidemic the last couple of weekends of players nonchalantly letting go of the ball a stride before crossing the plane.I can only imagine what that day would be like for that man, the rest of the year, from coach Meyer, Barrett said with a grin. I couldnt tell you how awful that might be.Replays showed Oklahomas Joe Mixon dropping the ball early on a 97-yard kick return, but the officials didnt catch it. The gaffe has already cost Clemson and California touchdowns this season.The Buckeyes even have a rule about it.We always make sure we keep the ball high and tight, Samuel said. Thats coach Meyer, keep the ball high and tight. After you score, give the ball to the official and go hug a big guy. Thats what we do.---Follow Mitch Stacy at http://twitter.com/mitchstacyFor some of his other recent stories: http://bigstory.ap.org/content/mitch-stacy Buy Air Max 270 Shoes . The return match will take place next Wednesday. Udinese leads Fiorentina 2-1 in the other semifinal. Napoli staged a second-half comeback from two goals down after Gervinhos opener and a stunning strike from Kevin Strootman. Authentic Nike Air Max 270 Store .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. http://www.cheapairmax270trainers.com/ . Emery skated the length of the ice and fought an unwilling Holtby during the third period of the Flyers 7-0 loss Friday night in Philadelphia. He was given 29 penalty minutes, including a game misconduct. But Emery did not face even a disciplinary hearing with NHL senior vice president of player safety Brendan Shanahan because rules 46. Air Max 270 Outlet .Y. - Rob Manfred was promoted Monday to Major League Baseballs chief operating officer, which may make him a candidate to succeed Bud Selig as commissioner. Wholesale Air Max 270 From China . Perhaps Carroll was so prepared for a break because he believes there is very little the Seattle Seahawks need heading into the off-season. "I dont see anything that we need to add. We just have to get better," Carroll said.SAN DIEGO -- Chris Davis struck out in each of his first two at-bats Wednesday. He flied out with the bases loaded in the fifth. He certainly made the most of his next opportunity. Davis hit his major league-best 41st homer in Baltimores four-run eighth inning, helping the Orioles to a 10-3 victory over the San Diego Padres. "The thing about Chris," manager Buck Showalter said, "he is so lethal that he may have some bad at-bats, but you never think hes not a swing away from really doing something good for you." Davis belted a tiebreaking three-run shot into the bleachers in right-centre on the first pitch from Colt Hynes. The drive travelled an estimated 453 feet, making it one of the longest home runs in the history of spacious Petco Park. "I dont know if its the longest one I ever hit," Davis said, "but its one of the longer ones. It helped that the wind was blowing out a little bit. "I think I had some pitches earlier in the game that I could have hit, so to get that pitch early and to put a good swing on felt pretty good." Brian Roberts tacked on a sacrifice fly, and the Orioles then broke it open with three more runs in the ninth. Davis walked and scored on J.J. Hardys two-run single in the big final inning. Luke Gregerson (5-6) allowed singles to Manny Machado and Adam Jones before Davis went deep, giving him a majors-best 106 RBIs. "I have felt good the last couple of games," said Davis, who went 2 for 4 in Tuesdays 4-1 victory. "I feel comfortable in the box, but havent had much to show for it." Jedd Gyorko hit a tying three-run homer in the sixth for San Diego, which has dropped three of four. Alexi Amarista had two hits. "We had a little bit of a breakdown in our bullpen," Padres manager Bud Black said. The Orioles scoring outburst handed a win to Francisco Rodriguez (1-0), who struck out two in a perfect seventh inning. Troy Patton and Darren ODay then combined for the final two innings. San Diego wasted a solid start by Eric Stults, who allowed three runs, two earned, and five hits in seven innings. He struck out six and walked one. "It was a battle," Stults said. "Location wasnt the greatest. I was able to keep us in the game. But I felt like I had some mental erroors.dddddddddddd I wasnt as sharp as I should have been." J.J. Hardy hit his 19th homer in the second, and the Orioles used San Diegos sloppy defence to score single runs in the fourth and fifth. Machado reached on second baseman Gyorkos error in the fourth. Adam Jones followed with a sharp single up the middle and Machado came around to score when Amarista threw the ball into Baltimores dugout while trying to get the runner at third. Stults error on pitcher Miguel Gonzalezs sacrifice in the fifth allowed the Orioles to load the bases with no outs. Nick Markakis popped out, but Machado singled to centre to give Baltimore a 3-0 lead. Gonzalez struck out eight in six innings and was charged with three runs and six hits. "I felt Miggy was as good as anything that happened in the game," Showalter said. "He gave a up a 3-2 walk and a broken-bat single to left and then made one or two mistakes. The game isnt always fair." Gonzalez was sailing along until Gyorkos drive skidded off the top of the fence in centre in the sixth. Chris Denorfia and Yonder Alonso were aboard for Gyorkos 10th homer of the season. Hardy tacked on a two-run single in the ninth and finished with three RBIs. NOTES: Padres OF Carlos Quentin (right knee) remained out of the starting lineup. He could be headed for the disabled list if he is unable to play this weekend in Cincinnati. "We are giving him every opportunity to get to the point where he can play whether its in a pinch-hitter role or back on the field full bore," Black said. "We are coming closer to the decision whether to put him on DL or whether we can wait another day or two." ... SS Ronny Cedeno, who was promoted on Tuesday, went 0 for 4 in his San Diego debut. ... Orioles RHP Jason Hammel, who is on the DL with a right flexor mass strain (between forearm and elbow), tried to throw Tuesday, but manager Buck Showalter said hes still experiencing "some discomfort" and might not be ready to come off the DL when hes eligible on Tuesday. ... Showalter said minor league LHP Tsuyoshi Wada from Japan could be a potential September call-up as a reliever and possibly a starter. He threw five scoreless innings for Triple-A Norfolk on Tuesday night and has had back-to-back scoreless outings. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: