es scored 41 points in Games 5 and 6 and made a key block in the final

in Fragen 20.01.2019 07:44
von t123 • 2.563 Beiträge

INDEPENDENCE, Ohio -- LeBron James delivered on a promise and ended decades of Cleveland sports misery in 2016.For leading the Cavaliers to an NBA title and ending the citys 52-year title drought, James was chosen Sports Illustrateds Sportsperson of the Year on Thursday, joining Tiger Woods as the awards only two-time winners since its inception in 1954.Im honored, James said following shootaround before the Cavs hosted the Los Angeles Clippers. Im more happy for my family, my kids, for my wife, my mom, and for my foundation, for the kids that I represent and the kids that use me as a role model and an inspiration.Appearing in his sixth straight NBA Finals in June, James rallied the Cavs from a 3-1 deficit to defeat the favored Golden State Warriors, who won 73 games during the regular season but couldnt put Cleveland away. James scored 41 points in Games 5 and 6 and made a key block in the final minutes of an epic Game 7, making the Cavs the first Cleveland major sports franchise to win a title since the Browns in 1964.James was selected finals MVP for the third time in his career.The 31-year-old James returned to Cleveland as a free agent in 2014 and pledged to bring a title to his home state. He did it in his second season, an achievement that ranks as the greatest accomplishment of his career.James had spurned Cleveland in 2010, leaving for Miami, where he and close friend Dwyane Wade led the Heat to two titles and four consecutive finals.Its hard to remember a year with such a crowded field of Sportsperson candidates, said Chris Stone, SIs editor in chief. But in the end, LeBron James was the clear choice. Discount Nike Sb Shoes . The 18-year-old American had five birdies in her bogey-free round for a 17-under total of 196. Lee held the overnight lead but mixed three birdies with two bogeys for a 70. Cheap Nike Sb Shoes . -- Jonathan Drouin gave Halifax the boost it needed to edge host Sherbrooke Phoenix 3-2 in a shootout in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. http://www.cheapnikesb.us/ . Darren Helm scored on Detroits sixth attempt in the shootout and then Jonas Gustavsson stopped Andrew Shaws shot, lifting the Detroit Red Wings to a 5-4 win over the Chicago Blackhawks on Wednesday night. Nike Sb Clearance Sale . Speaking Thursday on TSN 1050 Thursday, the Leafs GM also touched on the questions surrounding the teams leadership and the struggles of his big-name free-agent signing. “Its not from lack of effort from the coaching staff. Cheap Nike Sb Online .2 billion agreement with Rogers Communications for the leagues broadcast and multimedia rights. RIO DE JANEIRO -- If Kerri Walsh Jennings winds up with a fourth medal in Olympic beach volleyball, it will be bronze -- not gold, like the other three she has earned in what had been an unblemished record at the Summer Games.Walsh Jennings and partner April Ross were relegated to the third-place game by Brazils reigning world champions, who beat the Americans in straight sets on Tuesday night to advance to a gold medal matchup with Germany.We could squash that team, and I say that with all the respect in the world, Walsh Jennings said. But they outplayed us in every way.Agatha and Barbara rode a boisterous crowd at the Copacabana venue to a 22-20, 21-18 victory, keeping alive the host nations chances for a gold medal after their top-seeded team lost to Germany earlier in the day.It was the first loss in an Olympic beach volleyball career that claimed gold medals in Athens, Beijing and London with partner Misty May-Treanor.Its a terrible feeling, she said, taking the blame for the loss by saying her failure to pass effectively put her partner in a bind.I dont agree with that, Ross said.The roles have been reversed before; I could have done a lot more. Were a team, she said, starting a thought but never finishing it before repeating, Were a team.Asked if she can come back for another try at a gold medal, Walsh Jennings said, I know I can. I just doont know if I want to.ddddddddddddWalsh Jennings said they would be proud to stand on the podium, and their focus now was to recover from the emotional loss with less than 21 hours before the third-place match against Larissa and Talita, a pair of three-time Olympians.Its a huge deal, said Ross, who won the silver medal in London.Brazilian mens team Alison and Bruno also advanced to the gold medal game by beating the Netherlands earlier in the day. Italy defeated Russia in the other mens semifinal to clinch its first Olympic beach volleyball medal.The mens final is Thursday.With the 21-18, 21-12 victory, Laura Ludwig and Kira Walkenhorst clinched Germanys first-ever Olympic medal in womens beach volleyball.I think it will take some time to realize what we did here, Ludwig said. We had some tough times, and now were in the final!The German men won the gold medal in London. But to match the feat in Rio, the women will have to beat the defending world champions.Brazil still has a chance to match its 2004 Olympic haul of three medals. Despite failing to make the final, Talita said she would never forget playing in front of the hometown crowd on the iconic beach.I am so proud of my people, the Brazilian people, Talita said. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: