mans dream in the season opener -- a touchdown.Heres how the play unf

in Fragen 20.01.2019 08:01
von t123 • 2.563 Beiträge

MADRID -- Atletico Madrid reached the knockout stage of the Champions League after Antoine Griezmann pounced in stoppage time to score his second goal of the night and seal a dramatic 2-1 victory over Russian side Rostov on Tuesday.Griezmann grabbed the winner for last seasons runners-up when a hopeful long pass was headed on by a Rostov defender, and the France forward managed to toe the ball into the net off the underside of the crossbar.The referee awarded the goal after speaking to his linesman, apparently to make sure the ball was headed back by a Rostov player, which meant Griezmann was not off-side when he made contact.Atletico now leads Group D with a maximum 12 points from four games.Bayern Munich has nine points after beating PSV Eindhoven 2-1 in the other group match. Rostov and PSV both have one point.Griezmanns opening goal in the 28th-minute was an acrobatic beauty. And it too came from an unintentional assist by a Rostov player.Seeing Yannick Carrascos pass headed back toward the goal by a defender, the striker pivoted in the air and used his left shin to lift the ball over goalkeeper Soslan Dzhanaez.Rostov equalized two minutes later through Sardar Azmoun and the Champions League debutant was clinging on to the point despite being pinned down for the entire second half until Griezmanns late strike.They made it tough for us, but the most important thing is that we got the three points, Griezmann said. We are top of the group and have two games left. We want to finish as group leaders.Griezmann, who was critical to Atleticos run to last seasons final, took his overall goal tally to eight for this campaign. The two goals were his first in this seasons Champions League.The Rostov goal that ruined goalkeeper Jan Oblaks run of three clean sheets in Europe was the result of two errors- first a bad pass, followed by poor marking -- that are uncharacteristic of a team coached by Diego Simeone.But Simeones criticism was only for his own coaching decisions, without specifying his mistakes.As coach, I didnt have a good game, Simeone said. My players did. I made bad decisions, but my players pulled it out the best way possible, with pride.--- This story has been corrected to show the last name of the Rostov scorer is Azmoun, not Armoun. Cheap Jordan Shoes For Sale .J. -- Josh Cribbs was in the Pro Bowl in February and out of a job six months later. Retro Jordan Shoes For Sale . The formidable trio of Canadian receivers -- individually known as Chris Getzlaf, Rob Bagg and Andy Fantuz -- will share the field at Mosaic Stadium one more time on Sunday. http://www.cheapairjordan-shoes.com/ .com) - The Montreal Canadiens embark on their first road trip of the season as they head out west to battle the Calgary Flames on Wednesday night. Cheap Retro Jordan Shoes For Sale .com) - Richie Incognito has reportedly been admitted to a psychiatric care unit in Arizona. Air Jordan Shoes For Sale . The giant slalom world champion slipped during her first run in the morning, landing on her back and then twisting forward before getting her leg caught in the protective material on the side of the slope. BOULDER, Colo. -- As a 6-year-old, Alex Kelley settled into a linemans stance next to his two brothers and father for a family photo at Folsom Field.An early glimpse of blocks to come.Born in Spain and raised in San Diego, the Colorado senior center grew up humming the school fight song and hanging on every word of the stories from his dad, Karry, an offensive tackle for the Buffaloes in the 1970s.Now, Alex Kelley is front and center for the resurgence of No. 23 Colorado. He started the Buffaloes (6-2, 4-1 Pac-12) on the right path by scoring the seasons first TD when he pounced on a fumble in the end zone. Theyre nationally ranked again, bowl eligible for the first time since 2007 and contending for the Pac-12 South title.Just what he always pictured.Ive been here when we lost to Fresno State, 69-14 (in 2012), to when we beat Arizona State, 40-13 (two weeks ago), Kelley said. This, right now, what were doing, I cant even put words to how fun it is. I grew up hearing all my dads stories of playing Nebraska, of running out behind Ralphie (the school mascot). I just wake up every morning extremely happy to be here.Out of high school, Kelley was all ready to commit to Boise State when Colorado entered the picture late.Black and gold it was. He couldnt help himself, even if the Buffaloes were floundering at the time.Lineman lineage ran too deep.His father played on the offensive line for the Buffaloes from 1976-79, with the team earning a conference title in `76 and ranked as high as No. 3 in `77. The Buffs went 3-8 in Karry Kelleys final season.The reverse has been true for his son. His teams struggled early -- 4-8 in 2013, 2-10 in `14, 4-9 in `15 -- and now theyve turned the corner.We knew that Colorado would rise again sooner or later, Karry Kelley said. Its really exciting to see Alex be a part of a program thats having this kind of success. The goal is a Pac-12 championship and I think they have a shot at doing that. Im pulling for that.Of course he is.His dad loves this place. Alex loves this place, coach Mike MacIntyre said. Alex has been here through a lot of rough things. Hes very well respected by his teammates. Hes done an excellent job with us this year.In many ways, Kelley is just your ordinary center: Stout blocker, bbushy beard, in sync with his quarterback Sefo Liufau, watches a lot of video.ddddddddddddAnd in some ways, hes not: Born in Madrid to missionary parents, a Teddy bear disposition (Liufaus description) and big into video games. His favorite game is Defense of the Ancients, and his favorite character is Anti-Mage, whos known for his high agility in holding back the enemy.Fitting for this 6-foot-2, 310-pound blocking machine whos springing holes for Phillip Lindsay and keeping Liufau safe in the pocket.Kelley had every linemans dream in the season opener -- a touchdown.Heres how the play unfolded: Against Colorado State, Liufau fumbled going into the end zone, and there was Kelley to jump on the football.Little did he know it was a TD, though -- the first by a Buffaloes offensive lineman since 1995. His mom, Charlyn, and dad in the stands didnt know, either. It wasnt until their son who lives in Turkey -- and was watching the game -- sent a text that Alex scored.Now that was really fun, Karry Kelley said.Alexs regret was not getting the football.Still, the play gained him consideration for the Piesman Trophy , an award given to the lineman who does the most unlineman-like thing over the course of a season.Id vote for him, because he saved my butt in terms of recovering that fumble, Liufau said. Hes someone I admire, how he worries about other people besides himself. Its easy to get caught up in football, and the success of the team. Hes a great person overall -- what he does and the things he does for people around him.Since he was little, Kelley has always extended a helping hand. Thats why he went to Haiti in 2010 to clean up after an earthquake devastated the country. Or with his father to a Peruvian village in the middle of the Amazon jungle to aid a community. His dad loves the story of how the kids in the village didnt wear shoes and so Alex went barefoot, too.Just Alex being Alex.Hes a Teddy bear -- unless somebody is trying to mess with Sefo, his father said. Then, hes more like a grizzly bear.---Online: AP college football website: http://collegefootball.ap.org and https://twitter.com/AP-Top25 China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: