Most car buyers spend hours researching the makes a

in News 30.01.2019 06:35
von zhouyueyue • 1.039 Beiträge

by Stephen Ingati and Fabian Mangera

GARISSA Mike McGlinchey Youth Jersey , Kenya, Jan. 31 (Xinhua) -- Abdi Ahmed, a pastoralist from Garissa County in northern Kenya, says he had no reason to smile in his entire life.

According to him, the perennial drought Jimmy Garoppolo Youth Jersey , which is the order of day in the region, and which on several occasions has led to him loosing hundreds of his livestock, the only source of livelihood, has forced him to re-think of pastoralism.

In an interview with Xinhua in his remote village in Balambala sub-county, 300 km from Garissa town Eli Harold Womens Jersey , 65-years-old Ahmed says he has lost hope with keeping livestock after loosing several of them through drought.

The elderly man, who has 15 children, says life has become extremely difficult for him and his family since the only source of income he had was livestock. It's by selling his livestock that he was able to meet the basic needs for his family.

"But now look from a millionaire a few years ago, I have now been turned into a destitute with completely nothing. I am now forced to rely on handouts from relatives and well wishers to give me something to feed my big family because I don't have a single livestock that I have been left with," he said on Friday.

Ahmed says his children Jaquiski Tartt Womens Jersey , five of them who are in secondary school, have been forced to drop out of school for lack of school fees.

The story is the same for Ibrahim Elmoge from Mandera County. He too has lost all his animals through drought and now says he doesn't know what the future holds for him.

Elmoge, who is married with two wives and twenty children, says that he has now been left with less than thirsty goats.

He says before the drought set in, he had a 100 camels Arik Armstead Womens Jersey , 90 cows and 150 goats. But he has since been forced to sell them at a throw-away price for fear of loosing them all through drought.

"The biter truth is now downing in our heads that pastoralism is not sustainable at all in this age and era where drought has become a global problem," he says.

And for the thousands of local residents in northern Kenya who largely rely on pastoralism for survival, they face the same predicament.

It is not rate to see the locals appealing for help from the government and other NGOs when the wrath of mother nature comes calling. It is for this reason that the residents have now started embracing farming to compliment it with livestock keeping.

"I completely don't want anything to do with livestock keeping at all, because I have come to realize that it is not comically viable. Unlike farming which is sustainable and much more reliable, " Ahmed says.

The government has also for the first time announced plans to start irrigation farming in the arid region.

Speaking recently in Garissa County near the border with Somalia DeForest Buckner Womens Jersey , agriculture cabinet secretary Felix Koskei said plans were underway to make sure that irrigation farming is practiced in northern counties of Mandera, Wajir and Garissa, adding that the government will use 22 million U.S. dollars to start the projects.

He said Kenya will also partner with Egypt and Ethiopia who have succeeded in utilizing their land areas to do irrigation farming and secure their countries to be food secure.

"Northeastern has a great potential to be the countr''s food basket if we get our priorities right. We have to go the irrigation way like Israel because drought a perennial problem in this region," said Koskei.

The CS said that part of the problem the region has suffered was as a result of over relying on livestock farming, which are normally swept away by drought hence rendering them destitute. He challenged the residents to embrace mixed farming Joe Williams Womens Jersey , which includes keeping livestock and farming.

Finance > Insurance > Car InsuranceCar Loans Drive Down The Cost

Posted by nick_niesen in Finance on October 29th, 2010

Most car buyers spend hours researching the makes and models of car before deciding which to buy. Then four out of ten rush out to the showroom and sign up for the car within 30 minutes of stepping inside.

But will their painstaking research extend to sourcing the cheapest finance package? Probably not. Whilst around 50% of new cars bought privately are purchased on finance, nearly 20% sign up in the showroom for the finance deal offered by the manufacturer. Unfortunately that could turn out to be a costly decision. With typical manufacturers finance costing 13.7% per year over a 3 year and including a 10% deposit, they could be throwing some £1,800 down the drain.

Take someone buying a new Renault Megane Sport Saloon Privilege 1.6 and let's assume that it costs £16 C.J. Beathard Womens Jersey ,000 on the road. Including 3 years interest that means the full cost will be £17,384. However, there is a much cheaper option. With a good credit history you could get a personal loan at only 5.5% and end up paying just £15,631 聳 that's a full saving of £1,753. This goes to prove the old adage that it pays to shop around. Rushing to accept the dealers finance package can hit your pocket hard 聳 it's effectively giving back the discount we hope you negotiated!

OK Ahkello Witherspoon Womens Jersey , I can hear talking about the special finance offers that manufacturers are forever advertising. Yes, there are some really good deals - but always look closely. Some deals only relate to specific models with a set specification, often the cars that the manufacturers are having trouble shifting. A beware some deals have a sting in their tail. Take Volkswagens' current offer on the Polo E2. Their deal is advertised at 5.8% with a monthly repayment of £99 over 35 months 聳 sounds a great deal but look more closely and you'll find there's a final balloon payment of £3,750 or alternatively you can trade in your E2 for another Volkswagen.

The car manufacturers use these deals to promote brand loyalty and encourage another purchase in 3 years time. They know that most cars will be. Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale NHL Hoodie Wholesale Hoodie Wholesale NBA Hats Wholesale Hats Wholesale Adidas NHL T-Shirts Wholesale Football Hoodie Wholesale MLB Hats

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: