SOCHI -- After the team photo had been snapped, after the Canadian players had taken off their game sweaters and pulled on their

in Zuchtzeichen 07.09.2019 05:49
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

SOCHI -- After the team photo had been snapped, after the Canadian players had taken off their game sweaters and pulled on their practice jerseys, Sidney Crosby and head coach Mike Babcock skated a few laps around the ice together and held what appeared to be a deep discussion. Taysom Hill Youth Jersey . They looked each other in the eye. They made gestures with their hands. The two leaders were engaged. In fact, near the end of the conversation Babcock skated through a crease, while Crosby toured behind the net as a puck whizzed behind the back of the coachs head. He didnt even notice and kept on talking. “I think everybody has to adjust a little bit and was just making sure Im on the same page as far as what he expects and what he wants,” Crosby explained after Canadas second practice at the Bolshoy Ice Dome. “The offensive part and the skill that we have, I think that will come quicker then some of the adjustments we might make in the defensive zone. Defensive zone coverage was the topic of discussion between the two as they skated. Babcock and his coaching staff had shown the players a video in one of the many meetings the group has had since arriving in Sochi on Monday. Crosby wanted some clarification. “There was a little confusion there,” Babcock said. “We sorted it out. That gives me a chance tomorrow to sort it out with the group. “What weve tried to encourage is … if there is something as a player you dont feel or dont know, we encourage you to talk. The idea is to get everyone comfortable so we can play the game fast. When youre thinking you dont go fast. That was a good part of the process. Obviously, [Crosby] is a guy who is real comfortable and we want that from the captain. We want him to ask questions if there are any issues.” Crosby won a world junior title and steered the Rimouski Oceanic to a Memorial Cup final as a teenager. He was a Stanley Cup champion as a captain before his 22nd birthday and won an Olympic gold medal nine months later. Next chapter Now the 26-year-old Crosby has been asked to take over as captain for Scott Niedermayer, who had the captaincy in Vancouver four years ago, and write the next chapter in Canadian hockey leadership that stretches from the smooth-skating defenceman to Mario Lemieux and all the way back to Phil Esposito and beyond. ``I think youre much more used to things, youre a little wide-eyed that first time,” Crosby said. “The biggest thing I learned from a guy like Scotty is that he didnt really say that much, he just said the right thing at the right time. The way he carried himself and his whole demeanour that he had, his quiet confidence, it was really something that was felt throughout the whole room. ``The other thing here is that weve got a lot of guys who have played together not just the last Olympics but going back a ways, I think theres some trust there. And for the new guys coming in, you try to make them feel as comfortable as possible. Were trying to do that. Thats the strength of Canada, guys always come together pretty quick. Thats instilled in us at an early age. I like that side of things for sure. Niedermayer was 37 when he captained Canada to gold in 2010. He retired a few months later. Mario Lemieux was 36 when he captained Canada to gold in 2002. He retired before the next Olympics. Does age matter when it comes to Olympic hockey leadership? Babcock likes the fact that Crosby will be surrounded by all the returnees from the Vancouver team. “The reality for me is we have 11 guys back from the last time who had success,” he said. “We have a new opportunity and we have to come up with a new identity. Does experience help in winning? Absolutely. Does the Olympics weigh in more than the guy who has won a Stanley Cup, I dont know that? “I know I like guys who have won because theyve been through it and done it right. You dont win unless youve done it right. In the details is whats going to separate. There is a whole bunch of teams with really good players. Someone is going to become a really good team and win the tournament. Thats what were going to try to do. Were going to try to get better each and every day so we can win.” Taysom Hill Womens Jersey . -- Without Carey Price, the run for a first Stanley Cup in 21 years got steeper and longer for the Montreal Canadiens. Erik McCoy Youth Jersey .com) - Maria Sharapova reached her 10th career grand slam final after beating Ekaterina Makarova in straight sets at the Australian Open on Thursday. http://www.saintsrookiestore.com/Saints-Thomas-Morstead-Jersey/ . Kansas City became the first team in baseball history to win four extra-inning games in a single postseason on Friday, as Alex Gordon crushed a leadoff homer in the 10th and Mike Moustakas added the deciding two-run blast in the Royals 8-6 win.Arizona Coyotes The Coyotes, who were off Sunday, assigned defenseman Andrew Campbell to the AHL. – Arizona Republic Colorado Avalanche Marc-Andre Cliche (oblique), Dennis Everberg (shoulder) and Patrick Bordeleau (back) went through a full practice Sunday, in addition to Jesse Winchester, and the team re- assigned forwards Michael Sgarbossa and Tomas Vincour to the minors Saturday. – Denver Post Florida Panthers Coach Gerard Gallant said Dave Bolland is ready to return from a groin injury that has kept him out since Oct.17 and should play Monday against the Blues. Scottie Upshall (ankle) and Aleksander Barkov (hand) didn’t travel to St. Louis but might join the team later in the week. – Miami Herald New Jersey Devils Mike Cammalleri, who pulled a muscle in his buttocks during Saturday nights home loss to the Washington Capitals, did not accompany the Devils to Raleigh, N.C., Sunday. Patrik Elias also did not make the trip after aggravating a groin injury. Both will miss Monday nights game against the Carolina Hurricanes at PNC Arena. Winger Martin Havlat (lower body) did make the trip and will be evaluated as far as whether or not he will be removed from injured reserve. Adam Larsson is still battling the flu and will be put on long-term IR (seven days retroactive) Monday. Lamoriello said there is no indication it is mumps, although Larsson and Travis Zajac have had blood tests in an effort to rule out the illness. Lamoriello said it takes 5-7 days to get the results. Cameron Jordan Saints Jersey. – Star Ledger New York Rangers Chris Kreider has not scored a goal in 11 games, and at Sundays practice he was shaken up after a collision with teammate Carl Hagelin, the team said. Kreiders status for Monday is uncertain. – New York Daily News San Jose Sharks Matt Nieto missed his second game with an undisclosed lower body injury suffered in Thursday nights win over the Boston Bruins. – San Jose Mercury News Toronto Maple Leafs Leo Komarov did not practice Monday and has skated only once since he was concussed by an Alex Ovechkin hit late last month. The Leafs offered no further update on his status, only noting that he continues to work out off the ice. Komarov is all but certain to miss the next two games, a back-on-back starting on Tuesday with Calgary in town. Phil Kessel, meanwhile, continues to practice and the team continues to deny speculation that hes hurt. Kessel has two even-strength points in the last 10 games. - TSN Calgary Flames After missing six weeks with a shoulder injury, it appears that Flames forward Mason Raymond will be back in the lineup against his former team, the Toronto Maple Leafs, on Tuesday. Flames forward Joe Colborne (wrist) is close to returning to the lineup and will travel with the team on the four-game road trip. Jonas Hiller will start for the Flames Tuesday. - TSN Winnipeg Jets Forward Patrice Cormier was recalled from the AHLs St. Johns IceCaps on Monday. ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: