30-plus minutes a night and three centers cant play 30 minutes a night. Thats that. Things need to be situated, Noel said. Obvi

in Fragen 30.06.2018 07:28
von t123 • 2.563 Beiträge

CAMDEN, N.J. -- Shortly after Philadelphia 76ers president and general manager Bryan Colangelo said he is not actively shopping any of his players, Sixers center Nerlens Noel openly wondered how he, Jahlil Okafor and Joel Embiid can co-exist as the teams three big men.I dont see a way of it working, Noel said Monday, one day before the Sixers first full workout in their new practice facility along the New Jersey riverfront across from Philadelphia. Its just a logjam.Youve got three talented centers that can play 30-plus minutes a night and three centers cant play 30 minutes a night. Thats that. Things need to be situated, Noel said. Obviously, somebodys got to be moved around. Its a tough situation, but I can only say so much because I have no say and no power.Noel, 22, has averaged 10.5 points and 8.1 rebounds in his first two seasons in Philadelphia while watching the Sixers go 18-64 as a rookie and 10-72 last season. But with 20-year-old Okafor (17.5 points, 7.0 rebounds per game last season) returning for his second NBA season and Embiid (right foot surgery) healthy for the first time since being drafted by the in 2014, the Sixers have an overabundance of bigs and Colangelo says that is just fine with him.We have a lot of time for things to work out, said Colangelo, who took over for former general manager Sam Hinkie in April. Some of it will happen in the preseason, some of it will happen in the regular season. I dont feel like were up against any kind of deadline of any sort.Noel is in the final year of his four-year rookie contract and the Sixers have until Oct. 31 to extend his deal. Colangelo acknowledged that until the Sixers have a better understanding of how many minutes Embiid will be able to play -- there is a chance he will not play on consecutive nights to start the season -- they will be hesitant to move one of their centers.Were thrilled to be in the situation were in and have that depth, Colangelo said.Sixers veteran Elton Brand said he expects the three-man battle between Okafor, Embiid and Noel to be a bloodbath, but Noel questioned whether any good could come from the Sixers wait-and-see approach.Wait and see? I cant say I do understand that, Noel said. I just dont think it makes too much sense to come into the season with such a heavy lineup at the center position, I dont know what there is to wait and see.Regardless, the Sixers are hoping that with first overall pick Ben Simmons and a healthy Embiid (third overall in 2014), they can improve significantly on their 10-win season, which began with 17 straight losses last year.One of the biggest things weve talked about is changing the mindset of the team from one that was almost accepting of losing, Colangelo said. Even though they were playing hard they werent winning. It was a losing culture and hopefully we take a step forward toward winning.Sixers fourth-year guard Hollis Thompson certainly hopes so.I think for the past few years weve been building something, he said, and now I feel were right on the hump and we want to go after it. Dalton Schultz Jersey . But the quarterback hopes to stay involved in football after officially calling it quits Tuesday. "Id love to look at those opportunities as they arise," Pierce said in an interview from his Winnipeg eatery. Cowboys Jerseys Online . After Mondays hard-fought loss, the wait seemed longer than usual. Getting set to go their separate ways for a short Christmas break, the Raptors coach credited his team for their effort on a seemingly impossible three-game road trip, urging them to build on that success when they get back to work at the end of the week. http://www.cheapcowboysjerseyselite.com/ .Y. -- Buffalo Bills coach Doug Marrone has drawn on his Syracuse connections once again by hiring Rob Moore to take over as receivers coach. Cowboys Jerseys Free Shipping .J. -- Josh Cribbs was in the Pro Bowl in February and out of a job six months later. Youth Cowboys Jerseys . Vokoun departed practice on Saturday morning after discovering swelling in his thigh. He was taken to a local hospital where the clot was revealed. The club announced the surgery following a 5-3 exhibition loss to the Columbus Blue Jackets. Wins for Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea and Liverpool got the new Premier League season off to an exciting start. Wholesale NFL Hoodies Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys NFL Jerseys From China Cheap NFL T-shirts Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Discount NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: