coaching staff. Though Detroit is going through a scheme change with new offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, offensive line co

in Marie97's Ranch 25.12.2019 02:56
von elaine95 • 183 Beiträge

Lions coach Matt Patricia calls Rashaan Melvin a natural fit for his scheme. He knows first hand Ricky Jean Francois Jersey , having had Melvin in 2015 when Patricia was the Patriots’ defensive coordinator.It’s the reason the Lions signed Melvin in free agency after releasing Nevin Lawson. “I’m a long guy,” Melvin said, explaining why he was a natural fit in the scheme, via Tim Twentyman of the team website. “I like to get my hands on receivers. Anytime you can have that kind of player, it’s good for the defense to strip routes.”Melvin played for the Raiders last season, appearing in 14 games with seven starts and made 56 tackles and an interception. He also has spent time with the Colts and the Ravens as well as the Patriots. He has never stayed in one place longer than two seasons.But the Lions’ preference for man coverage seems to fit Melvin, leaving him feeling at home.“Anytime you can transition into a defense you’re kind of familiar with, in a role that you can play and help the team win Levine Toilolo Jersey , it’s good for the team and good for the player,” Melvin said. “I’m excited to be here. I’m excited to see what the future holds. Excited to see the progress we continue to make this offseason getting ready to come back for training camp.” The Lions offensive line group is a tight-knit group."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Detroit Lions NewsDetroit Lions NotesDetroit Lions AnalysisDetroit Lions TransactionsDetroit Lions Game RecapsDetroit Lions QuotesTaylor Decker thinks Lions’ offensive line chemistry is the best he’s ever hadNew,77commentsThe Lions offensive line group is a tight-knit group. EDTShareTweetShareShareTaylor Decker thinks Lions’ offensive line chemistry is the best he’s ever hadAaron Doster-USA TODAY SportsOne of the biggest questions facing the Detroit Lions in 2019 is the status of their offensive line. Last year, we saw glimpses of what the unit could be as a whole, but with a major piece in T.J. Lang now enjoying retirement, the rest of the squad is going to have to step up collectively in his absence and play more consistently this season. Left tackle Taylor Decker is optimistic. As the Lions prepare to enter Organized Team Activities next week, Decker believes the Lions’ offensive line chemistry is at an all-time high.“I think this is the best group I’ve ever been around, as far as personalities fitting together Christian Jones Jersey , guys being on the same page, just kind of on the same wavelength,” Decker said. “You just kind of got a feel for everybody. Everybody gets along really, really well. There’s just a good chemistry in that room and that’s exciting. And I think we do have a good group that we can do some good thing with on field.”According to Decker, it’s not just the personnel that’s helping form chemistry and a productive work environment, it’s also the familiarity with the coaching staff. Though Detroit is going through a scheme change with new offensive coordinator Darrell Bevell, offensive line coach Jeff Davidson is entering his second year with the team. “It’s huge because he’s had a year under his belt, and we’ve had a year under our belt working with him Devon Kennard Jersey ,” Decker said. “So we know how to work with one another, and to piggy back on the fact that we have good chemistry fit in our room amongst the players, coaches as well. It’s just a really good fit all around, and a great work environment for us to be able to get better.” The Lions will be returning four of five starters in 2019, with that right guard position formerly held by Lang still up for grabs. Although, Kenny Wiggins, who started the final eight games at the position, could very well win the job out of training camp.It’s that continuity that’s key for this unit Isaac Nauta Detroit Lions Jersey , according to Decker. Learning together, watching film together, learning each other’s tendencies and habits—they all factor into making this offensive line a complete unit on the field. And now entering year two alongside Frank Ragnow, who is coming off his rookie season, could mean big things for both players. “That’s a huge thing because communication, and kind of having just that feel of the guy next to you is huge,” Decker said.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: