accused of punching a police officer, a New Yo

in Marie97's Ranch 25.12.2019 03:23
von elaine95 • 183 Beiträge

Sunday open thread: Who will finish with more passing yards: Matthew Stafford or Aaron Rodgers? One of the oddest stats you’ll find about the Detroit Lions this year is that they have allowed the second fewest passing yards of any team in the NFL. Looking at the teams near them—Jaguars Sylvester Williams Jersey , Washington, Ravens, Seahawks—you’d understandably think the Lions pass defense is fairly stout.... but you’d be wrong. The Lions rank so high in passing yards allowed simply because teams aren’t throwing the ball against Detroit. They’ve faced just 100 passing attempts, which is 23 fewer passes than any other team that has played four games this season. Teams aren’t throwing the ball against the Lions for two reasons: first, they’ve been able to get out to early leads against Detroit Eli Harold Jersey , limiting their need to pass later in the games. The other reason is Detroit can’t stop the run, so teams are just keeping the ball on the ground. So you have to wonder, with Aaron Rodgers in town, will Green Bay forego having the future Hall of Famer air it out on Sunday in favor of establishing the run? Today’s Question of the Day is:Who will finish with more passing yards: Aaron Rodgers or Matthew Stafford? My answer: I’m picking Stafford simply for the fact that I think the Lions will throw the ball more in this game. Don’t get me wrong, the Packers’ run defense is quite vulnerable too Ricky Wagner Jersey , and I expect Detroit to run the ball far more often than they did last week. Still, the Lions offense has always gone through Stafford, and I fully expect him to throw it at least 5-10 more times than Rodgers this week. That doesn’t mean the Lions will lose necessarily, just that they are going to be forced to air it out more.Your turn. After Lions linebacker Trevor Bates was arrested and accused of punching a police officer, a New York police organization released a statement bashing the NFL.The Sergeants Benevolent Association Anthony Zettel Jersey , which represents active and retired sergeants of the New York Police Department, released a statement ripping Bates and the league.“Trevor Bates acted beyond that of a wild animal. He refused to be fingerprinted, showed disdain for the officers & decided to punch a Sgt in the face. Fighting with officers he was tasered & ripped the taser prongs from his body. He鈥檚 dog crap and the NFL condones criminals,” the organization said on Twitter.The police officers’ organization calling a person “dog crap” doesn’t exactly raise the quality of the discourse, and the reality is Miles Killebrew Jersey , the NFL does not condone criminals. The NFL actually has harsher punishments for its employees who commit crimes away from work than almost any employer in America. Neither the NFL, nor the NYPD, nor any other large organization can ensure that none of its employees ever commit a crime, but this statement says more about the Sergeants Benevolent Association than it says about the NFL.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: