Carlos Dunlap and the rest of the Bengals

in Marie97's Ranch 16.01.2020 03:20
von zhangzk • 143 Beiträge

When you have a quarterback who is making $25 million a year and that quarterback is coming off a season where he was sacked 51 times you can expect a shake up on the offensive line.Jon Gruden..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Raiders StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Raiders NewsYahoo Raiders Team PageYahoo Raiders ReportYahoo Raiders Depth ChartYahoo Raiders TransactionsYahoo Raiders PhotosOdds About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub 鉁昍aiders offensive line looking at major makeover for 2019New Womens Derek Carr Jersey ,81commentsPDTShareTweetShareShareRaiders offensive line looking at major makeover for 2019Isaiah J. Downing-USA TODAY SportsWhen you have a quarterback who is making $25 million a year and that quarterback is coming off a season where he was sacked 51 times you can expect a shake up on the offensive line.Jon Gruden knows that the key to success on offense starts with protecting Derek Carr.Mike Mayock and Gruden have made it a priority early in free agency to address the lack of “Carr” insurance.The offensive line is going to look much different this season.Starting with the departures, the Raiders said goodbye to guards Kelechi Osemele and key reserve Jon Feliciano.Osemele was dealt along with a 6th round pick (196) to the Jets for a 5th round pick (140), the move frees up $10.2 million in cap space.Feliciano jumped at an opportunity to be a starter, signing with the Buffalo Bills.The additions include guard/tackle Denzelle Good, who was added late season and re-signed to a one-year deal.Good played well when filling in for Gabe Jackson last season and as of now could be in line for a starting guard position with Jackson potentially switching back to left guard.The big addition, both literally and figuratively, is tackle Trent Brown.Brown is a massive human being at 6 foot 8, 350 pounds.The Raiders made Brown the highest paid tackle in league history with a $66 million dollar contract ($36.75 million guaranteed).The question that many are asking is will Kolton Miller move to right tackle if Brown is being paid left tackle money?Most of his three years with the 49ers Brown played right tackle, but was moved to left tackle with the Patriots last season.Despite which tackle spot he plays with the Raiders, the addition of Brown improves the line as a whole by bumping 2018 rookie right tackle Brandon Parker out of a starting role.With the possibility of Gabe Jackson moving back to left guard where he began his NFL career with the Raiders, the combo of Brown and Jackson would form a behemoth left side to the line.Donald Penn seems to be the odd man out.The veteran left tackle turns 36 in April and is coming off a season ending injury after starting the first four games at right tackle.With the addition of Brown to go along with Parker and Miller it would make sense for the Raiders to cut Penn.Releasing him would save $5.475 million in salary cap space.The only sure starting position on the line to remain unchanged is Pro Bowl center Rodney Hudson.One final change that should be expected is for the Raiders add another lineman, preferably a guard though the draft.There are some nice options available if Mayock and Gruden decide to go in that direction.Cody Ford, Dalton Risner, Chris Lindstrom, and Garret Bradbury are a few of the top names.Ford, Risner, and Bradburry offer an added bonus of being able to play multiple positions on the line if needed.Projected Starting Offensive LineLT- Trent BrownLG- Gabe JacksonC- Rodney HudsonRG- Denzelle GoodRT- Kolton Miller CINCINNATI (AP) — Joe Mixon had one of the best games of his career in yet another Bengals loss — making it seven of their past eight, and counting. He sees no reason to slow down even as another season slips away in Cincinnati.“Right now, we are down but we ain’t out, so that’s how I’m approaching it,” the second-year running back said. “I’m going to approach it like we’re in.”Technically, the last-place Bengals (5-8) aren’t eliminated from playoff contention despite their third-longest losing streak in coach Marvin Lewis’ 16 seasons. They could still get the AFC North title if they win out and the Steelers, Ravens and Browns all fall apart the rest of the way.Article continues below ...A loss Sunday to the Raiders (3-10) would eliminate the pretense and leave Cincinnati with a third straight losing season and a lot of big questions to address in the offseason: Does Lewis stay? Who’s the next defensive coordinator? Will anything really change so long as Mike Brown runs the franchise?By contrast, the Raiders are already in next-year mode. Following a 24-21 win over the Steelers , they fired general manager Reggie McKenzie and launched into a front-office reshuffle in preparation for coach Jon Gruden’s second season back with the Raiders.They don’t have a general manager and they’re not sure where they’ll be playing next season before moving to Las Vegas in 2020, but all that’s for later. First Womens Antonio Brown Jersey , they have to finish a season in flux.“When you get here, it’s just rainbows and butterflies because you made it to the NFL,” quarterback Derek Carr said. “All of a sudden, you get new friends every year. I think I’ve counted I’ve had like 27 different people in the locker next to me in five years. It just shows you how tough this business is.”Some things to watch Sunday at Paul Brown Stadium:STRIKE THE BALANCECarr has found a comfort zone in Gruden’s offense. He began the season overly aggressive, throwing eight interceptions in the first five games. Then he got overly cautious, failing to complete a pass of more than 10 yards twice in a span of three games.He’s finally gotten a balance.Carr has gone a franchise-record eight straight games without an interception and has regained his deep touch. He completed nine passes that traveled at least 15 yards downfield the past two games against Kansas City and Pittsburgh, equaling his total from his previous six games combined. Now he’s facing the NFL’s worst defense.“I feel more confident in our system,” Carr said. “I feel like my reads are quicker. I feel like I can get through things and eliminate things faster. That feels better.”RAIDERS BANGED-UP O-LINEThe Raiders come into the game with major questions on the offensive line. Starting left tackle Kelechi Osemele missed last week’s game with a toe injury. Starting right tackle Gabe Jackson is dealing with an elbow injury.Backup Jon Feliciano was placed on injured reserve with a calf injury, leaving Chaz Green and Denver Kirkland as potential options against Geno Atkins, .“I know that both of them are as tough as they come and if there’s a will, there’s a way,” Gruden said. “They have the will, I know that. We’ll just hope for the best.”GUENTHER’S RETURNPaul Guenther left Cincinnati after 13 years on Lewis’ staff, including the last four as defensive coordinator, to join Gruden’s staff. He knows the Bengals’ offense, which is struggling mightily with quarterback Andy Dalton and receiver A.J. Green out for the season because of injuries.Guenther also is very familiar with Jeff Driskel, who makes his third NFL start in Dalton’s place. The Bengals expect Guenther to try to disguise blitzes and coverages to throw off Driskel.“I know whenever you’re going against a quarterback who hasn’t played much, as a defense you’re always looking forward to it,” Bengals linebacker Vincent Rey said.TURNING MIXON LOOSEMixon had a career-high 26 carries for 111 yards during a 26-21 loss to the Chargers in Los Angeles. He also caught a team-high five passes, becoming the focal point of Cincinnati’s depleted offense. The Bengals plan to lean on him heavily in the final three games. The Raiders know he’s the one to stop.“Man, he’s good,” Gruden said. “He’s a great slash. He can stop and start. He has power. He’s a good receiver. He’s a good blitz pickup guy. He’s putting it together in Cincinnati.”WILL ANYBODY WATCH?A small crowd is expected for the Bengals’ final home game. They’ve gone 3-4 at Paul Brown Stadium before some of the smallest crowds in its history. Their average of 51,673 is the second-smallest attendance since the 65,535-seat stadium opened in 2000.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: