ay that hurt me but otherwise a lot of great golf, Langer told Sky Sports. The 58-year-old carded one of the rounds of the day a

in Fragen 06.08.2018 06:57
von t123 • 2.563 Beiträge

Bernard Langer carded a superb round of 70 to move into contention for a third Masters title - at the age of 58. The Germans two-under-par round defied the blustery conditions that had disrupted many during Saturday play to use all his years of experience to plot his way round the Augusta course.A Green Jacket winner in 1985 and 1993, Langer is now a prolific champion on the seniors tour but in a display that showed echoes of Tom Watsons memorable 2009 challenge at Turnberry he moved into contention for a third major title more than 25 years after his last.Langer, a year younger than Watson was for his 2009 charge, was more than a match for playing partner and world No 1 Jason Day and his run of birdies at 13,14 and 15 was as good as anything seen at this years Masters - the German dropped a shot on the 18th but will be among the final groups on Sunday.I am playing well, I am playing nicely - I had a couple of three putts today that hurt me but otherwise a lot of great golf, Langer told Sky Sports. The 58-year-old carded one of the rounds of the day at Augusta Playing partner Day had admitted on Friday he was mystified as to how Langer could produce the goods on a course as long and demanding as Augusta despite his age and the German was quick to respond, adding: He got to see first hand today.We had a lot of fun on 14, he had an amazing birdie and I chipped in right on top of him so that was a nice moment.Asked about the importance of experience, Langer, playing in his 33rd Masters, knows it is crucial to any hopes of contending.It certainly helps there is no doubt about it. It took me two or three attempts to work out what to do and what not to do.Langer faces the prospect of a duel with leader Jordan Spieth who was eight years away from being born when the German won the last of his Green Jackets, a prospect the 58-year-old would relish.It would be great but Ive never had a chance to play with him - Ive talking to him a couple of times and he strikes me as a very nice young man and we all know he is a great golfer. Smylie Kaufman posted the most impressive score on moving day at the Masters as he shot a three-under-par 69. The honour of joining Spieth in the final group will go to Augusta debutant Smylie Kaufman, the 24-year-old carded a 69 for the only round of the last two days in the 60s.Kaufman is making only his second major appearance having missed the cut at the 2014 US Open but after moving to two-under par and within one of the lead he was pleased with his days work.It was a great day - i found myself putting for a lot of birdies, he told Sky Sports.I knew it was going to be extremenly difficult but I felt confident going into the day, the last two days i felt like I had a good number in me.Ive hung around par and battled and today was a little easier as I found a lot of greens and holed the putts that I needed to hole. Also See: Masters: Ways to watch Masters leaderboard Rose and Westwood in hunt Latest video Cheap Kamrin Moore Jersey . Jon Montgomerys gold medal in skeleton at the Whistler Sliding Centre and his subsequent auctioning off of a pitcher of beer in the village square elevated him to folk-hero status. Wholesale Saints Jerseys . -- Stanfords Kevin Danser knelt on one knee and hardly moved on the sideline as Michigan State celebrated its Rose Bowl victory and his Cardinal teammates made their way to the locker room. http://www.cheapsaintsjerseyselite.com/ . The home side created most of the chances but struggled to break down Braunschweigs resilient defence, resulting in the Bundesligas 1,000th scoreless draw. Elite Saints Jerseys . After Mondays hard-fought loss, the wait seemed longer than usual. Getting set to go their separate ways for a short Christmas break, the Raptors coach credited his team for their effort on a seemingly impossible three-game road trip, urging them to build on that success when they get back to work at the end of the week. Cheap TreQuan Smith Jersey . -- Chicago Bears cornerback Tim Jennings was selected Monday to his second straight Pro Bowl, while guard Kyle Long made it after a solid rookie season. STARKVILLE, MS. - Facing a 2-0 deficit on the road Friday night at Mississippi State, the South Carolina volleyball team had its biggest rally of the season and downed the Bulldogs (13-13, 4-8 SEC) in five sets, 24-26, 20-25, 25-22, 25-18, 15-13. Mikayla Shields and Dessaa Legros combined for 40 kills, and they joined Aubrey Ezell with double-doubles to pull out the win. The victory moves Carolina to 16-7 this season and 4-7 in conference action.1st Set: The opening game was tight throughout, with neither side taking more than a three-point lead in the set. Megan Kirkland served the team up to a 7-6 lead thanks to three straight points and held the 15-14 lead at the media timeout, but Mississippi State took the lead back after scoring five of the next six points. South Carolina rallied to tie the set up at 21, and denied back-to-back set points for the Bulldogs, but could not find the lead again in a 26-24 loss to go down 1-0. Dessaa Legros had five kills to lead the offense, but the Gamecocks as a team hit just .212 in the set.2nd Set: The home side took a commanding lead off the jump in set two, going up 7-2 before South Carolina was able to find its footing. It pared the lead down to just one, 10-9, before another 4-0 for the Bulldogs put them behind the eight ball at the midway point of the game. South Carolina got not closer than four points the rest of the way, finished the set hitting .171, and went into halftime down 2-0 after a 25-20 loss.3rd Set: The Gamecocks earned some early confidence to kick off the must-win third set, taking a 11-5 lead after forcing Mississippi State into six hitting errors. After the home side cleaned up its offense, though, it crept back into the game and soon took the lead at 20-16 after a 6-0 run that was fueled by three straight hitting errors by the Gamecocks.Not ready to pack up and leave just yet, Carolina pushed back with a 7-1 run to take a late 23-21 lead and force the Bulldogs into a timeout. Legros had three more kills of her own on the key run to push her to 11 for the match, and a dump kill from Aubrey Ezell iced the big comeback win to extend the match, 25-22. Ezell performed well in thhe game, after the team moved to a 5-1 (single setter) offense to start the third.dddddddddddd She had a pair of kills and had a hand in a block.4th Set: In almost a carbon copy of the previous frame, Carolina ran out to a big early lead in the fourth. Mikayla Shields served the team to a 3-0 lead and the Gamecocks went ahead 7-2 before Mississippi State closed the gap again to tie it at 11. An ace from Koko Atoa-Williams and a kill off an over pass from Jacqy Angermiller helped Carolina take the 15-12 lead at the media timeout. Two Bulldog points out of the break were quickly wiped out by a 6-1 run from Carolina that put it comfortably ahead 21-15 and it moved to the fifth set with a 25-18 win.5th Set: South Carolina was able to get out for the critical early lead, 5-2, and held on to a two point advantage at the cross over after a kill from Claire Edwards made it 8-6. Mikayla Shields put down her 20th kill of the match and followed with a block two points later to keep Carolina ahead, 10-7.Mississippi State answered back with a 5-1 run from there to take its first lead of the set at 12-11, forcing the Gamecocks into a timeout. After trading points, a kill from Angermiller tied the set up at 13 and put the Gamecocks at the serving line. Angermiller followed up her kill with a huge block on the very next play to put the Gamecocks on match point. As she had done consistently all night, Shields coolly put down her 23rd kill of the night to clinch the improbable comeback.The team returns home Sunday for a 12:30 match against Georgia in the Carolina Volleyball Center. Fans can get in to the match for free when they bring a ticket stub from the football game Saturday. With womens basketball rescheduling its exhibition to Sunday at 1:30, fans looking to attend volleyball will have different parking than usual due to the game at Colonial Life Arena. Parking at the Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center is free, and parking in the B Lot will be free up until noon. After that, parking in the B Lot will cost $10. Stitched NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Throwback Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: