-1 win over Texas with 6 2/3 innings of two earned run baseball. He worked ahead and relied on his recently developed two-seam s

in Fragen 06.08.2018 06:59
von t123 • 2.563 Beiträge

TORONTO - For six innings on Tuesday night, Esmil Rogers confused the Colorado Rockies, holding them to one hit. When his night was over, two outs later in the seventh, Rogers left to a standing ovation, a grin on his face. The reliever-turned-starter has in himself the most important tool for any professional athlete. “Im confident,” said Rogers. “I think that thats the key. The confidence that Gibby and Pete give to me right now is unbelievable. They told me right away, be confident on the mound. I didnt have it in Colorado, Im not going to lie to you, and Ive got a real, unbelievable confidence right now that I can throw any pitch in any count that I want.” Rogers followed up his seven-inning, 93-pitch performance in Thursdays 6-1 win over Texas with 6 2/3 innings of two earned run baseball. He worked ahead and relied on his recently developed two-seam sinking fastball. Of Rogers 20 recorded outs, 14 were either strikeouts or groundouts. “Hes a four-pitch guy now,” said manager John Gibbons. “Coming out of the bullpen hes basically a two-pitch guy but hes added that two-seam fastball, he throws a little curveball now and then to go along with his slider and he actually throws some changeups. “I see much better command than coming out of the bullpen,” Gibbons continued. “The mentality sometimes there is you go in one or two innings and air it out, let it fly. Now hes pitching more. I tell you what: hes got a dynamite arm.” Rogers has a 1.71 ERA over four starts (four earned runs in 21 innings). Understandably, there is a question about whether Rogers arm will hold up given his off-season training program was geared toward middle to late relief. The answer wont be known until later in the season. In the meantime, Rogers will enjoy the ride. He wont stress. “Im not that kind of pitcher, like I come into the stadium the day before I pitch and try to look for the scouting report,” said Rogers. “I know Ive got ability and I know if theyre going to hit, theyre going to hit my pitches. Jose Reyes Update Jose Reyes started and played nine innings at designated hitter for class-A Dunedin, his second rehab outing. Reyes went 1-5 with a single in Dunedins 9-4, 11-inning win over the Yankees affiliate in Tampa. The win clinched the first half division crown for the Blue Jays, assuring the club playoff games when the regular season concludes. Dunedin plays on Wednesday morning at 11:00. Reyes was scheduled to be back at shortstop. Morrow Suffers Setback As Reyes continues to make progress toward an impending return to the Blue Jays, the club got bad news on starter Brandon Morrow. “The forearms still bothering him,” said Gibbons. “Theyre backing him off that rehab, get him re-examined and see where hes at. Same spot, forearm, tenderness.” Morrow started Monday nights game for Single-A Dunedin. He allowed three runs on five hits, including a home run, in two innings. After the game he reported a recurrence of pain in his forearm. In the meantime, hell be shut down from all throwing. Luis Perez Suffers Setback Left-handed reliever Luis Perez, who had Tommy John elbow ligament replacement surgery last July 17, has suffered a setback in his rehabilitation. Perez, 28, had progressed to Single-A action. He appeared in one game for Dunedin on June 10, pitching two scoreless innings. Perez had a 3.43 ERA in 42 innings, 35 relief appearances, for the Blue Jays in the first half of the 2012 season. The Blue Jays dont believe the setback is serious. Vapormax 97 Silver Bullet Australia . -- Nathan Pancel scored twice as the Sudbury Wolves defeated the North Bay Battalion 4-2 on Saturday in Ontario Hockey League action. Nike Air Vapormax Flyknit Australia . Andrew Luck lost his favourite target and the Indianapolis locker room lost one of its most revered leaders when Reggie Wayne was diagnosed Monday with a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee that will cost him the rest of the season. http://www.airmaxcheapaustralia.com/cheap-nike-air-max-95-australia.html . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . Air Max 270 Mens Sale . Datsyuk will miss Tuesdays game against New Jersey and could be sidelined longer, while Cleary will likely miss at least the next three games. Its been an injury-plagued season for Datsyuk, who has suited up for just 39 games. Best Price Air Max 270 . Having already announced that the race will start May 9 with three stages in Northern Ireland and Ireland and finish in Trieste on June 1, the rest of the route was unveiled Monday. Richmond great Kevin Bartlett believes Travis Cloke could be the missing piece of the puzzle at Tigerland and coach Damien Hardwick admits hes a fan.Out-of-favour power forward Cloke has been linked to a move away from Collingwood at seasons end with the Western Bulldogs and the Tigers mooted as possible destinations.But Hardwick played a straight bat to speculation Cloke is set to take the short walk over Olympic Boulevard to join the Tigers at Punt Road Oval to begin a new chapter in his faltering 245-game career.(Its) a list management decision that we dont comment on. Its easy to throw names around at this stage of the year, it always happens, Hardwick told reporters on Thursday.(But) hes hurt us a number of times over the course of his career, hasnt he?Funnily enough he was probably Alex (Rances) biggest nemesis there for a while.Alex has managed to move above him over the last couple of years, but hes a great player theres no doubt about that.But from our point of view wee keep our cards pretty close to our chest.ddddddddddddloke, who is contracted for next year, has managed just 12 senior games this season and has kicked 15 goals in a disappointing campaign.He has been dropped to the VFL three times by coach Nathan Buckley, with Darcy Moore, Mason Cox and Jesse White all preferred ahead of him.Bartlett is adamant Cloke, whose father David played 219 games for Richmond, could help the Tigers bounce back into the finals after a year to forget.I believe Cloke needs a new home and environment and a lot of love for he seems a confused footballer to me, Bartlett said on SEN.And surely he would be comfortable going to a club that his father once captained.The Tigers missed out on Cloke 11 years ago. Its better late than never for he just might be the missing piece of the jigsaw puzzle that sees the Tigers winning a final. Stitched NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Throwback Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: