the whole thing. Crouched behind the 10th green at Sheshan International, McDowell looked over at the powerful American and sai

in Fragen 06.08.2018 07:00
von t123 • 2.563 Beiträge

MIAMI -- Struggling as a table-setter for the Washington Nationals, Denard Span thrived Sunday as a run-producer. Span was dropped from the top spot in the order for the first time this season, and he responded with three hits in the No. 7 position, including a tiebreaking two-out RBI double in the 10th inning to help beat the Miami Marlins 5-2. Span snapped a 1-for-20 slump with a two-out RBI double in the second inning, and singled in the fourth. The three hits raised his average to .260 and helped the Nationals head into the All-Star break at 48-47. "I just said, Hey, Im going to try end this first half on a good note," Span said. "I couldnt play any worse than I have this first half. I just wanted to go out feeling good. I didnt want to go home feeling in more of a stale mood than Im already in." It has been a frustrating season so far for Span and the defending NL East champions, who averted a series sweep and snapped a three-game losing streak. They went 2-4 on their trip and trail division leader Atlanta by six games. "I like this ballclub," manager Davey Johnson said. "Weve had few hiccups with injuries and whatever, but I think were in good shape going into the second half. Were an awfully good ballclub, and we just need to play like it." On Friday, the Nationals begin their longest homestand of the season -- 11 games. They salvaged the series finale at Miami despite going 2 for 10 with runners in scoring position, and hit .087 (4 for 46) in those situations during their trip. They had four hits without scoring in the fourth inning, when right fielder Giancarlo Stanton threw out two base runners. Bryce Harper replaced Span in the leadoff spot, batting there for the first time in his career, and went 1 for 5 with a double and a walk. Jayson Werth, Ian Desmond and Anthony Rendon each had two of Washingtons 14 hits. "We hit a bunch of balls hard, and I like the way it felt," Johnson said. "Everybody seemed to have a little energy in the new lineup, and Ill probably stick with it more." Harper was pleased with Johnsons decision to bat him first. "I loved it. I really did," he said. "Getting the ABs I did, five or six ABs, that was pretty awesome. I like doing it. I did it in high school. It was pretty cool. If he left it there, I would be absolutely comfortable." With the score 2-all, Werth hit a one-out single in the 10th off Steve Cishek (3-5), and Span hit a double that landed on the warning track in centre field to give the Nationals the lead. That ended Cisheks streak of 16 1-3 consecutive scoreless innings, the longest active streak in the major leagues. Wilson Ramos added an RBI single, and pinch-hitter Chad Tracy doubled home another run. "I flipped in a couple of lazy sliders that killed me," Cishek said. "I really wanted to finish on a strong note for the first half. Sweeping the Nationals would have been great." Washington rookie Taylor Jordan remained winless in four career starts despite an ERA of 3.32. The Florida native allowed two runs in six innings before departing for a pinch-hitter. Craig Stammen (5-4) pitched a perfect ninth. Rafael Soriano followed with a scoreless 10th for his 25th save. Miami snapped the Nationals franchise-record streak of hitting a home run in 86 consecutive series. Derek Dietrich hit a two-run homer for the Marlins, his ninth, but they squandered several scoring chances. A line drive by Dietrich along the right-field line was initially ruled fair by first-base umpire Mike Estabrook, putting runners at second and third with none out in the second inning. But plate umpire Alan Porter reversed the call, Dietrich struck out and the Marlins didnt score. TV replays were inconclusive. Notes: Miami LHP Duane Below was optioned to Triple-A New Orleans. RHP Chad Qualls will be placed on the paternity list. ... Werth fouled a ball off the top of his left foot and left the game in the 10th. He was limping after the game and said he was unsure whether he might miss any playing time when the season resumes. ... Washington RHP Tyler Clippard struck out the side in the ninth. In his past nine innings, he has allowed one hit with 11 strikeouts. ... Miami SS Adeiny Hechavarria had two hits and is batting .412 (21 for 51) this month. ... Marlins C Jeff Mathis has thrown out 13 of 18 runners on steal attempts. Cheap Cavaliers Jerseys Authentic . Mitch Holmberg added a goal and three assists. Connor Chartier also scored for the Chiefs (3-0-0). Luke Harrison spoiled Garrett Hughsons shutout bid with a power-play goal at 13:17 of the third period. The Spokane goaltender finished with 28 saves, including a Brandon Fushimi penalty shot in the second period that would have tied the game 1-1. Cheap NBA Jerseys . There are surprises among the Vezina candidates, but most of the others are standard top-tier performers, even if the two Hart Trophy runners-ups have never been quite as good as they have been through the first half of the season. http://www.cheapcavaliersjerseysauthentic.com/?tag=cheap-collin-sexton-jersey . -- Jonathan Drouin gave Halifax the boost it needed to edge host Sherbrooke Phoenix 3-2 in a shootout in Quebec Major Junior Hockey League action. Cheap Cavaliers Jerseys China . Belfort (24-10) needed just 77 seconds to down Henderson in the headlining bout of Saturdays "UFC Fight Night: Belfort vs. Henderson" event at Goiania Arena in Goiania, Brazil. The fight served as a rematch of the pairs 2006 meeting, which Henderson won by decision. Wholesale Cavaliers Jerseys . -- Claudio Bieler hadnt scored since early September, and not from the run of play since mid-July. George Washington has promoted assistant coach Maurice Joseph to interim head coach for the 2016-17 season.The Colonials fired Mike Lonergan earlier this month after an investigation into allegations of verbal abuse. Joseph and fellow assistants Hajj Turner and Carmen Maciariello interviewed for the job last week, sources told ESPN.I am eager and well prepared to begin this journey with the 13 student-athletes in our locker room and the tight-knit group of coaches that I will rely upon heavily, Joseph said in a release. It is a distinct honor to have the opportunity to be a mentor to our team in this new role.Joseph has been at George Washington for five seasons, and played for two seasons under Lonergan at Vermont. The Canada native started his college playing career at Michigan State under Tom Izzo, and also played professionally in Israel.dddddddddddd.In his five years at GW, Maurice has shown himself to be selflessly dedicated to the success of our student-athletes and fully committed to our department and university, athletic director Patrick Nero said. His leadership ability and basketball acumen will bring focus and stability to the talented team we have this year. Our team, basketball staff and athletic department are looking forward to working together for a successful season.George Washington opens its season Nov. 11 against Maryland-Eastern Shore. Stitched NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Black Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys NFL Jerseys Outlet Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Throwback Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: