The Kansas City Royals are still a dark horse favourite as far as the World Series goes, but KC is rapidly turning into the peop

in Pferde ver-/ankauf 11.04.2018 08:55
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

The Kansas City Royals are still a dark horse favourite as far as the World Series goes, but KC is rapidly turning into the peoples choice after beating Oakland 9-8 in that Wild Card game extra-inning thriller and then wiping out the L. Arron Afflalo Jersey .A. Angels three straight in their A.L Division series. Going all the way still wont be an easy task. Since the advent of the original Wild Card format, only four teams have gone on to win the World Series from that position. In the American League that would be the Angels in 2002 and Boston in 2007. The Red Sox incidently have made to the postseason through the back door Wild Card route more than any other franchise, seven times in all. The two National League Wild Card World Series winners over that 20-year span were the Florida Marlins in 1997 and the St. Louis Cardinals in 2011. The Rockies and Cards have made it to the Playoffs as Wild Cards most frequently among the Senior Circuit clubs at three times apiece. We talk so much about what pitching means to success, and it certainly does. But the Atlanta Braves are an interesting case. Theyve made it twice to playoffs as a Wild Card team, however they havent won a single playoff series in over a decade. This despite having the second-best ERA in the Majors over the past nine years at 3.75. The Braves pitching coach over those nine years has been Roger McDowell, he of the Magic Loogie Seinfeld episode. Concussions have come to the fore as a major problem in pro and amateur sports over the past few years, Baseball is no exception, but the bulk of concerns in the Majors surrounds one position, catcher. In these playoffs alone, Royals star catcher Salvatore Perez was hit in the head on the follow-through of a Josh Hamilton swing in Game 2 of their series. Perez was left dazed and suffering from concussion-like symptoms, but fortunately is alright. Then Sunday, in Game 3 of the Orioles series, Tigers catcher Alex Avila took a foul ball right off the jaw and had to leave the game. Its not the first time it has happened to Avila and it has caused some to worry about his long-term future in the game. Just doing a rough count, I came up with seven other catchers who have had concussions or at least concussion-like symptoms. The Twins Joe Mauer heads the list. He has become a 1B/DH type after getting hit in the mask a number of times. He may never catch full-time again. The others on the list include the Blue Jays Dioner Navarro, the Yankees Brian McCann, Bostons David Ross and Oaklands John Jasso in the American League along with the Mets Travis DArnaud, the Phillies Carlos Ruiz and the Giants Hector Sanchez. That was only a quick search - I know there are more. Baseball has already done its best to eliminate home plate collisions, but Im honestly not sure what can be done about foul tips and follow through swings. Being a catcher has always been a hazardous occupation and to a certain degree at least it always will be. The Search is On For the bulk of 30 Major League clubs, the off-season has already begun. Houston has already hired A.J. Hinch as its new manager, and the Astros old skipper Bo Porter has surfaced as the Braves third base coach. Texas and Arizona are still looking for new managers. Of the eight candidates the Rangers are considering and interviewing, two have former ties to the Blue Jays. One is Clevelands bullpen coach and former Jays catcher Kevin Cash, and the other is John Farrells bench coach Torey Lovullo, who was also a coach on Farrells staff with the Blue Jays for two years. The Rangers are also close to adding two assistants to GM Jon Daniels. The first is former Jays third base prospect Michael Young, who went on to star with Texas and the Phillies, and the other is former Jays reliever Darren Oliver. Arizona is also interviewing eight candidates including Don Wakamatsu, who was Farrells bench coach with the Jays, and Diamondbacks hitting coach Turner Ward who came off the bench with the Blue Jays when they won the World Series in 1992 and 1993. Also on the list is Sandy Alomar Jr., Robbies brother, who has been coaching in Cleveland the past few years. Popularity Poll There has never really been a question as to which team is more popular in Chicago. But this point only further serves to drive the point home. The Cubs and White Sox finished with identical records and both missed the Playoffs by a mile yet the North side Cubs drew one million more fans than the South siders. Tracy Mcgrady Jersey .com) - Cleveland Cavaliers superstar LeBron James will sit out Thursdays game against the Oklahoma City Thunder with left knee soreness. Jason Williams Jersey . - The width of Alec Martinezs shin guard was the difference between the Los Angeles Kings and the Anaheim Ducks in their playoff series opener. http://www.magicauthenticshop.com/Authentic-Nikola-Vucevic-Magic-Jersey/ . Pearce had a career-high four hits and drove in two runs, and Wei-Yin Chen shut down Texas again as the Orioles completed a four-game sweep of the Rangers with a 5-2 victory on Thursday night.CINCINNATI, Ohio -- Skip Schumaker is returning to the NL Central, completing a $5 million, two-year contract with the Cincinnati Reds on Tuesday that gives them a versatile player off the bench. Schumaker gets a $2 million base salary next season and $2.5 million in 2015. The deal includes a club option for 2016 with a $2.5 million base and a $500,000 buyout. The 33-year-old Schumaker was drafted by current Reds general manager Walt Jocketty and played his first eight seasons in St. Louis, batting .288 with 23 homers and 211 runs batted in. He played for the Dodgers last season, batting .263 in 125 games with two homers and 30 RBIs. He played second base and all three outfield positions last season. "Im not going to assume anything other than that Ill be off the bench, the role Ive been in the last couple of years in the major leagues," Schumaker said during a conference call. "I dont think it will be that much different -- being used off the bench more than anything." To open a spot on the 40-man roster, the Reds designated outfielder Derrick Robinson for assignment. Robinson split time between Triple-A Louisville and Cincinnati last season, batting .255 in 102 games for the Reds. Schumaker was interested in staying with the Dodgers, but got the impression he wasnt a prioority during contract talks. Jonathan Isaac Jersey. When the Reds showed an interest, he quickly decided to take the offer rather than go deep into the off-season as a free agent. "I had a great time in LA and especially with the run we had to get to the playoffs, the whole deal of how we started, how we finished -- a pretty amazing run," he said. "I felt there was some unfinished business and maybe going back there. "During negotiations, I kind of felt like maybe I was on the backburner, maybe hold on and sit and wait and see how things developed and what was going on in their organization. And I really didnt want to wait. I felt so good about Cincinnati." The Reds have won 90 games and made the playoffs in three of the last four seasons, but failed to make it past the first round. They fired manager Dusty Baker after they lost the one-game wild card playoff in Pittsburgh. Schumaker said the Reds recent success was a major factor in his decision. "The first thing I wanted to do was sign with a team that has a chance to win," he said. "The Reds have been that way, one of the best teams in the National League the last three or four years. I knew that division really well. Walt Jocketty drafted me and gave me the opportunity to play professional baseball." Wholesale NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Cheap Jerseys Online China Jerseys Wholesale Stitched Jerseys Cheap Jerseys 2019 ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: