ters in India who might be picking up the sport? Whether you are playing football

in Fragen 22.09.2018 09:56
von dasg234 • 2.926 Beiträge

D.C. United and Toronto FC have undergone some changes ahead of their important MLS match at BMO Field in Toronto on Saturday.United added Patrick Mullins, 24, from New York City FC and sent Fabian Espindola, 31, who has scored 64 league goals in his 10 seasons in MLS, to the Vancouver Whitecaps this week.Time will tell if its a good move, but I believe in the kid (Mullins) and I think his better years are to come, United coach Ben Olsen said. And he has the ability to score goals.Toronto signed Canadian international Tosaint Ricketts this week and he should provide some speed on the wing that the team has lacked.Tosaint gives us an added element of speed, coach Greg Vanney said. Hes hard-working and in the box he can be a danger.The Reds also expect striker Jozy Altidore to be available Saturday. The U.S. international has been out with a hamstring injury.Jozy is an important player for us, TFCs top scorer Sebastian Giovinco said. He reads situations well. Im happy to have him back.The game could have playoff implications. Toronto FC (6-7-6) is fifth in the Eastern Conference with 24 points and D.C. United (5-7-7) is seventh with 22 points.D.C., which drew 1-1 with the Columbus Crew last Saturday, is wrapping up a string of four consecutive road games. United is 1-3-6 on the road.Toronto, which lost 2-1 to the Earthquakes in San Jose last Saturday, begins a four-game home stand. TFC is 3-1-3 at home.The loss to the Quakes was devastating for TFC, with the winning goal coming in the second half after San Jose had been reduced to nine players because of red cards. Goalkeeper Alex Bono admitted that he made a mistake on the goal.Giovinco scored the only goal when Toronto defeated D.C. 1-0 at RFK Stadium on April 16 in the first meeting this season between the teams.The Italian forward has eight goals on the season but has not scored in his past eight MLS games.Even if you do a good job and he doesnt get on the ball as much as Toronto wants, he still has these moments of brilliance that can change games, Olsen said. Hes done it to us before so we have to continue to make sure were around him and make sure he has as little impact.D.C. United holds a 12-8-4 advantage all-time against Toronto, including a 7-4-1 record at BMO Field.Toronto continues to be without midfielders Michael Bradley and Will Johnson and goalkeeper Clint Irwin, who are injured. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Eli-Harold-Jersey/ . -- Ohio States Urban Meyer has never had any issue acclimating to the biggest stages in college football. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Eric-Reid-Jersey/ .C. -- Glenn Howard needed an extra end to move into the Masters Grand Slam of Curling final. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Joe-Staley-Jersey/ . Parker had 26 points and eight assists and San Antonio beat Toronto 112-99 Monday night. "We won that game because of Tony Parkers aggressiveness," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "His juice; his aggression all night long. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Reuben-Foster-Jersey/ . On Saturday night, the normally free throw-challenged centre did just that. Howard scored 18 of his 25 points in the fourth quarter, including 13 of 19 free throws in a 2 1/2-minute stretch, and the Houston Rockets beat the Denver Nuggets 122-111. http://www.49ersrookiestore.com/49ers-Dwight-Clark-Jersey/ . -- Kyrie Irvings last-minute 3-pointer helped seal another victory for Cleveland -- and the Cavaliers longest winning streak since LeBron James left. In conversation with?Robbie Fowler, who talks about his love for sport, the importance of practice and to never lose touch with the game one loves.How has sport shaped your life? Ive played football for as long as I can remember. It has probably made me the person I am. I never had the intention of doing anything other than sports, so I practiced and practiced hard.When you set your mind to do something, I think it makes you a more spirited person. If youve got ambitions and you go for it; I think thats all Ive done. Ive sorely wanted to play football, and Ive tried everything I could to get where I was. It obviously took a long time; it didnt happen overnight. But everything Ive done was down to football.Ive travelled the world, and Ive seen just about everything. Its all through football...some wonderful places of the world that I have visited, and its all from working hard as a kid, to get to where I wanted to be.Do you think sometimes people underestimate the value of sport in a persons life?I think it depends on where you are, in what country. Certain countries value their education more; I feel that I have had a wonderful education out of football. Ive seen certain things that I thought I would never see, and through football. You cant obviously do without an education also, but its not about the job aspect alone. Any involvement in any sport is also healthy. It keeps you fresh, and your mind and body active.Look, not everybody is fortunate enough to go and do it professionally. But I have no doubt in my mind that if I werent playing football, I would have been in some other sport. I always wanted to stay in shape - through sport, any kind of sport. Whether youre walking, running or jogging, I think its final.As you started off playing football, who were your biggest influences?My parents played a huge role in helping me at the start. Coming to Liverpool, we had a coach called Steve Ayre, who was a massive player there. He has achieved everything, and was my first coach. He helped me get through the teams. He was tough, but fair. He was fantastic.When youve got parents driving you on, and when you have coaches like Steve Ayre, theyre always striving for you to be the very best you can. With their help and with my own ambition and desire to do well, I became the player that I wanted to be.How important is team spirit in a sport like football?It is important without a shadow of doubt... in football, and in team games. Individual sports are different because you are on your own, but in a team game, it is massively vital. You need your five or seven or 11 players with you. Were all fighting for the same outcome, and with that team spirit and togetherness that you have to have. We see it all the time with kids, and even with players. Even at these European Championships, youve got all the best players - dont get me wrong; theyre all excellent players - but you still need a team around you, and its massively important.What are the two best memories of your playing career?I think the first one would be making my debut. That took years and years of hard work...years of practice to get where I wanted to be. It is never easy being a professional sportsman - whether in cricket, golf or football. There are many hours of practice that have gone in before that. So before anything, making your debut is certainly one, and obviously having made your debut, you want to be successful. You want to win things.I thinnk winning my first trophy as a professional footballer was special.dddddddddddd To make your debut is brilliant, but to actually win your first trophy, when there are thousands of people who have tried before but havent really done it, that gives you so much satisfaction.One moment that stands out from your career is when you tried to convince the referee in an Arsenal-Liverpool game that David Seaman hadnt fouled you when you got a penalty? Did you dive?Did I dive? No (laughs). It was one of those moments where you run for the ball and lose your footing. It certainly wasnt a dive, and I didnt think it was a penalty at the time. The more I think about it, the more I feel it probably was a penalty, because I ran into him. I could have got injured really badly.So my jumping over, losing balance and falling over was probably a good thing, because I could have hurt myself, or I could have hurt the goalkeeper. It certainly wasnt a dive, but...(smiles) youre the first person to have said that! Ive been called many things, but Ive never been called a diver. So I dont really like that (smiles).How was it being a part of the European Championships when they were played at home in 1996?It was brilliant. What was special about it was that it was at home; we played all our games at Wembley. No matter where we were - in the hotel, on the way to London, the support that we got with people coming out of their houses... it lifts you as a player. It makes you want to do that little bit more. It reminds you that its not about you or your team, its about the country.We as players stuck together, and the country got behind us. Its probably the best tournament that England have had since they won the World Cup in 1966. The team spirit was then absolutely fantastic, as was the atmosphere from everyone within the country.You have now seen football from a different perspective??How do you think the game has evolved since your playing days?It is very difficult when you retire - dont let anyone tell you (anything) different. Youve suddenly gone from being a top-class player in a top-class team to doing nothing, and thats difficult. It really is. This is why I like doing what I do now. I work for Liverpool football club, doing television shows. It keeps me involved in football.So, even when I am not playing anymore, I still like to keep myself involved in the game. I think its massively important. Maybe your advice to the youngsters will help them become the future Robbie Fowlers and the future Decos. Thats what we really want - we cant play anymore. But we can still help the next generation.What would your advice be to youngsters in India who might be picking up the sport? Whether you are playing football, cricket or golf, or anything, the first thing is to try. Whatever it is that you feel comfortable in, just give it everything. Practice is massive...I cant really stress on how important that is. Listen to your parents and your coaches. Listen to people who have may have been in that position. Understand where you could go right and identify the wrongs. Try and improve that.?You think of all the Messis and Ronaldos - these type of players - they have forever practiced. They dont wake up and suddenly become a great player. They have practiced everyday - from the time they were children till today. Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Stitched Jerseys China Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Store Youth NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys Discount NFL Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys Wholesale NFL White Jerseys Wholesale NFL Camo Jerseys White NFL Jerseys Cheap Camo China NFL Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Jerseys NFL China ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: