60 times to win, weve done that before. Obviously, youd love to have some balance, but, at this point in the season, it comes d

in Fragen 19.12.2018 12:26
von dasg234 • 2.926 Beiträge

WASHINGTON -- Since his arrival in July, rookie Trea Turner has provided the Washington Nationals with speed in center field and at the top of the lineup.As a bonus, the diminutive 23-year-old has delivered the long ball with surprising regularity.Turner hit his second home run of the game with two outs in the bottom of the ninth Friday night, a solo shot that gave the Nationals a 5-4 victory over the Philadelphia Phillies.It was the first career multihomer game for Turner, whose two-run drive in the seventh put Washington up 4-1.Hes been really a game-changer for us. He got a pitch to hit and he took it yard, Nationals starter Tanner Roark said. Hes a gamer, a fighter. Hes perfect.Turner has eight home runs to go with 21 stolen bases in a mere 52 games this season.Im not a power lifter or anything like that, but I feel that Im stronger than I look, said Turner, whose listed weight of 185 pounds likely includes uniform, cleats and four bats. Its just a matter of mechanics at the plate. I think the strengths there.Cameron Rupp hit a three-run homer off Koda Glover to knot the score in the eighth and set the stage for Turners ninth-inning heroics.Facing Frank Herrmann (0-2), Turner ripped a 1-2 pitch over the wall in center field.Hes doing something right up there, Rupp said. Hes getting on base and he runs like the wind and that helps. Hes a good ball player and he beat us tonight.Daniel Murphy scored two runs for the NL East-leading Nationals, who have won eight of 11.Mark Melancon (2-1) worked the ninth for Washington.Roark allowed one run, six hits and two walks over six innings. He left with a 2-1 lead, but will have to wait at least one more start to claim his career-high tying 15th victory.Tanner was fighting. I wish we would have gotten that victory for him, manager Dusty Baker said.Unfortunately for Roark, hes seen the last of the Phillies. The right-hander is 3-0 with a 0.79 ERA in five starts against Philadelphia this season.Jake Thompson gave up two runs and five hits in 5 1/3 innings for Philadelphia.With the score tied at 1 in the sixth, Murphy doubled off Thompson and Bryce Harper ended a 3-for-16 slump with an RBI single to right.Turner connected against Colton Murray for a three-run lead.Earlier, two batters hit by pitches ended up scoring. Odubel Herrera came home on a single by Peter Bouros in the Philadelphia fourth before Anthony Rendon doubled in Murphy in the bottom half.Herrera left in the fifth inning with a right leg contusion. After being hit by a fastball in his right knee, the outfielder had a difficult time walking to first base.They took X-rays. Its no breakage or anything, but hes day to day, manager Pete Mackanin said.PLATOON SYSTEMMackanin intends to use Tommy Joseph at 1B more than 36-year-old Ryan Howard down the stretch -- unless Howard continues to deliver big hits, such as his three-run homer Thursday night. Im a manager. I want to win games, Mackanin said.STREAKS AND STATSPhillies: Howards single in the fourth inning gave him two straight games with hits for the first time since Aug. 21 and 24.Nationals: It was the 16th game that Murphy has scored at least two runs. When he scores once, Washington is 44-21.TRAINERS ROOMPhillies: 3B Maikel Franco missed a third straight game with a jammed right thumb. Im going to say hes available to pinch hit, Mackanin said.Nationals: LHP Sammy Solis (left shoulder inflammation) has sort of hit a roadblock, Baker said. Solis has been on the DL since mid-August.UP NEXTPhillies: RHP Jerad Eickhoff (10-13, 3.86 ERA) starts Saturday night against Washington. Hes 4-1 in his last six starts.Nationals: RHP Max Scherzer (16-7, 2.88) leads the big leagues with 243 strikeouts. Cheap Air Jordan 1 China . On Tuesday, Ottawa placed forward Cory Conacher and defenceman Joe Corvo on waivers as trade rumours swirl around the Senators. Wholesale Air Jordan 1 .S. hockey team after paying his dues as an NHL general manager for more than three decades and giving up a lot of his free time to help USA Hockey. http://www.cheapairjordan1.com/ . Los Angeles star goalie survived those perilous gymnastics with no problem, and he eventually backstopped the Kings to a skid-snapping win. Quick stopped 27 shots in his return from a 24-game injury absence, Jeff Carter scored the tiebreaking goal with 7:55 to play, and the Kings snapped their five-game losing streak with a 3-1 victory over the Vancouver Canucks on Saturday night. Cheap Jordan 1 . The Australian is competing in his final season in Formula One and still looking for his first win this year. He will look to end Vettels run of six straight race wins on Sunday. Webber, who is fifth in the championship, earned his second pole from the past three races and 13th of his career. Discount Air Jordan 1 .5 million, one-year contract on Friday. Hawkins, who turns 41 in December, will compete with Rex Brothers for the closers role at spring training. GREEN BAY, Wis. -- Without Eddie Lacy, the Green Bay Packers offense has become the most pass-happy attack in the NFL.With Lacy out following ankle surgery thats sidelined him for the past four games and will keep him out Sunday night at Washington, the Packers sputtering offense has been at its best throwing early and often. Coach Mike McCarthy, however, wants to build a more balanced attack after Aaron Rodgers dropped back 59 times and handed off only 10 times in last weeks blowout loss at Tennessee.I always want to run the ball more, but I also want to throw it 55 times a game, too, McCarthy said Wednesday. Thats the way games are. You have to run the ball. Everything starts with running the football. You cant extend your offensive line and your pass-protection unit the way we have. Running the football is very important for a number of different reasons.To that end, Green Bay was awarded running back Christine Michael on waivers Wednesday. Michael joins a backfield with veteran James Starks, who returned last week after missing four games following knee surgery.Michael was released by the Seahawks on Tuesday despite being the teams leading rusher with 469 yards (4.0 average) and six touchdowns. The hope is he will help deliver the balance the failed trade with Kansas City last month for Knile Davis didnt provide. Davis carried five times for 5 yards in two games before he was released Oct. 31.It allows us to get balanced again, receiver Jordy Nelson said of Starks and before the addition of Michael. I think thats what we were able to do early in the year, just stay balanced. It allowed us to get into the play action. It makes the defense worry about another playmaker out there. I think he brings the screen game into it as well, like he did last week when he scored a touchdown on a screen.When you dont have a running back, its hard to do those things. Weve tried to manage. I think weve done a decent job with the circumstances but, hopefully, we can get some guys healthy and get back to a normal offense.The Packers offense has been anything but normal. They are paassing two-thirds of the time, the highest rate in the league.dddddddddddd Rodgers had a big game in almost upsetting Atlanta in Week 8 and rallied the team from deficits in losses to Indianapolis in Week 9 and Tennessee in Week 10. However, without the threat of a running game, the statistical production hasnt been consistently good. While Rodgers is third with 22 touchdown passes, he ranks 16th with a passer rating of 93.9, 20th with a completion rate of 63.1 percent, and 29th with 6.53 yards per dropback.Redskins cornerback Josh Norman said dont be fooled by those mediocre numbers.Hey, man, lets not get things mistaken over there, said Norman, who called Rodgers and New Englands Tom Brady the best quarterbacks in the NFL.That guy can hit you at any time, any place, anywhere, any given day, any given game, Norman added. I really dont care what the outside noise is. I know who were facing and thats a cerebral quarterback thats the best of the best at what hes doing. Regardless of what others may think of him, I know for a fact that that is the toughest quarterback challenge to face because he has everything in his toolbox, in his arsenal, to make them win.Time is of the essence for Green Bays offense to build an effective identity. With Starks and Michael, can it find balance? With Rodgers, is throwing the football repeatedly the way to go?The Packers have lost three in a row and four of their last five games. At 4-5, their best road to the playoffs is through the beleaguered NFC North, in which neither Minnesota nor Detroit (both 5-4) has seized control.It doesnt matter stats-wise if were running it a bunch of throwing it a bunch, Rodgers said. We just need to find a way to win. If weve got to throw it 60 times to win, weve done that before. Obviously, youd love to have some balance, but, at this point in the season, it comes down to winning football games.---For more NFL coverage: http://www.pro32.ap.org and http://www.twitter.com/AP-NFL cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: