Handed the perfect setup against a depleted

in News 29.12.2018 08:00
von liny195 • 147 Beiträge

http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/aldrick-rosas-jersey , struggling Atlanta defense, the New York Giants' offense again fell short.No one was more surprised than Odell Beckham Jr ."I did think this was going to be a big day for us," Beckham said.Instead, the Giants were held to two field goals through three quarters of their 23-20 loss to the Falcons on Monday night. Two fourth-quarter touchdowns were not enough to win the game or convince anyone in the New York locker room that answers had been found for season-long scoring woes that led to the Giants' fourth straight loss.The Giants (1-6) were frustrated by an Atlanta defense which has three starters on injured reserve and had allowed the second-most points and third-most yards per game in the NFL.After the game, Beckham sat facing his locker, holding his head in his hands before finally heading off to his shower.When he faced reporters later, he was calm but frustrated."It's the little things, the little pieces that you've got to put together, the little things that are the difference between losing and winning," Beckham said. "We just haven't found a way to put it all together."The statistics would suggest Beckham did his part with eight receptions for 143 yards, including a 1-yard touchdown catch with only 5 seconds remaining.The touchdown made the final score look more respectable, but it brought Beckham little comfort. He chastised himself for failing to catch a 2-point pass that could have cut the Falcons' lead to 20-14 with about five minutes remaining."That's something I have to go home with at night," he said. "That's tough."Despite having such weapons as Beckham, Sterling Shepard, who had five catches for 167 yards, rookie standout running back Saquon Barkley and two-time Super Bowl winning quarterback Eli Manning, the Giants have found no answer to their season-long inability to turn yards into points."We know we have talent," said tight end Evan Engram. "We're doing things. We're just not putting the big picture together. That's what's frustrating. ... We're just going to keep working, and it will eventually pop."The Giants have scored no more than 20 points in five of their seven games."I can't give you the answer http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/will-hernandez-jersey ," Barkley said. "We're not executing. We're not finishing drives. That's the gist of our season. ... We've got to find a way to execute and finish our game."There were no turnovers to blame. Manning threw for 399 yards with one touchdown and no interceptions, but he was sacked four times for a loss of 27 yards. Entering the game, the 37-year-old Manning had been sacked 20 times, third-most in the NFL.Barkley was held to 43 yards, his second-lowest total of the season, on 14 carries. He added nine catches for 51 yards."Honestly, personally I didn't play a good game," Barkley said. "... I wasn't the player I usually am."The difficulties in scoring might have influenced coach Pat Shurmur's aggressive play-calling.With Atlanta leading 10-3 early in the third quarter, Shurmur left his offense on the field for a fourth-down play from the Atlanta 1. Manning's pass for Scott Simonson was incomplete.Shurmur again left his offense on the field to go for a 2-point play after Barkley's 2-yard scoring run cut Atlanta's lead to 20-12 in the fourth quarter. Giants players supported the call, which ended with the incompletion to Beckham."He has faith in us that we're going to put it in the end zone," Shepard said. "I love that the coaches have faith in us."Added Beckham: "I like the call. I love being aggressive."Shurmur said analytics show "You increase your chances by 50 percent if you go for it and make it there, so that's what you do."Shurmur said going for 2 was "an aggressive approach. ... I think from a head coaching perspective, I want to be aggressive for our guys."Fantasy Football waiver wire Week 3: Players you should be picking up In-season moves are just as important to winning in fantasy football as the initial draft. There’s always more you can do to improve your roster, so of course the waiver wire is always a busy place at the start of each week. Early in the season, there’s a lot of potential help that went undrafted and can help change a fantasy season.The players below are available in fewer than half of Yahoo/ESPN leagues, though I’ll try to keep those percentages a little lower for most players. I’ll also try to not repeat players, but if anyone from last week’s list — especially Will Dissly, Phillip Lindsey, or Geronimo Allison — are still available http://www.newyorkgiantsteamonline.com/b.j.-goodson-jersey , grab them too.John Brown, WR, Baltimore RavensRostered - Yahoo: 26 percent | ESPN: 24.1 percentA healthy John Brown is really good and it looks like John Brown is healthy. Brown is only tied for second on the Ravens in targets (14) with Willie Snead, behind Michael Crabtree (16), but he’s the clear big play threat on the offense. He’s been the target on 35.8 percent on the team’s intended air yards, per Next Gen Stats, which is 15th among wide receivers.While Brown is the big play threat in an offense that’s now more willing to go down the field, Brown is also the top red zone target so far. Through two games Brown has been the intended target on four of Joe Flacco’s 13 red zone passes (30.8 percent) while no other Raven has more than two targets.There’s no reason for Brown to be rostered in just over a quarter of leagues.Ricky Seals-Jones, TE, Arizona CardinalsRostered - Yahoo: 27 percent | ESPN: 13.5 percentThere’s not a lot to like about the Arizona Cardinals offense right now. The coaching staff doesn’t even really seem to know what’s going on. In the same press conference on Monday, head coach Steve Wilks said the offense needed to be scaled down to be less complicated and they needed to be be more creative in getting David Johnson the ball.But Seals-Jones has been the “deep threat” in this offense. He leads the team with 23.9 percent of the team’s intended air yards, which is fifth-most among tight ends. He’s also second on the team in targets through two weeks, just behind Larry Fitzgerald.The Cardinals are likely to be in game situations when they have to pass often and while it’s a relative conservative offense right now, when they go deep, it’s to Seals-Jones. Arizona also has to run more than 47 plays per game throughout the season. He could also see an uptick in volume once Josh Rosen takes over at quarterback. Chris Godwin, WR, Tampa Bay BuccaneersRostered - Yahoo: 35 percent | ESPN: 34.1 percentThe Buccaneers offense is on fire right now, but even while that’s not going to last on this pace, there’s some good indicators for fantasy stability. One of the benefits of Todd Munkin taking over as the offensive play caller has been the ability to spread the ball around. DeSean Jackson has been getting all the deep targets and Mike Evans is still Mike Evans http://www.authenticsnewyorkgiants.com/cheap-aldrick-rosas-jersey , but Chris Godwin has been able to play a significant role in the passing game as the No. 3.Tampa Bay hasn’t been in the red zone often — that happens when you’re scoring from 75 yards out — but Godwin is the only player on the roster with multiple red zone targets (two of Ryan Fitzpatrick’s seven passes) and they’ve both gone for touchdowns. Godwin is also getting his shots down the field, he has an aDOT of 14.1, which is second on the team behind Jackson. There’s a lot of weapons in Tampa Bay right now, but just about all of them have fantasy value.Austin Ekeler, RB, Los Angeles ChargersRostered - Yahoo: 45 percent | ESPN: 43 percentEkeler got 11 carries and 77 rushing yards in Week 2. Some of that was due to Melvin Gordon being sidelined for some of the game due to injury. But Gordon hasn’t alway been consistently healthy in his career — 2017 was the first team in Gordon’s first three seasons in which he played in all 16 games. Even if Gordon is on the field, it’s been clear the Chargers want to have a role for Ekeler.In the red zone, Ekeler has two targets, two receptions, a receiving touchdown, and two rushing attempts. That puts him only behind Gordon in red zone opportunities. Ekeler is third on the team in targets, a role that should continue as the season progresses.Chris Ivory, RB, Buffalo BillsRostered - Yahoo: 5 percent | ESPN: 3.2 percentThe Buffalo Bills offense is bad, like really really bad. But fantasy football is about opportunity and Chris Ivory might have some of that real soon. LeSean McCoy has cracked rib cartilage and will be questionable for Sunday’s game against the Minnesota Vikings. There’s really no reason for McCoy to push to play if he’s not near 100 percent. While a meeting with the Vikings isn’t a great matchup for an opposing running back, especially for a team that’s going to be trailing often, but if the starting job is there and you’re desperate at running back already, Ivory could be worth a look.

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: