MELBOURNE, Australia - Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil withdrew from the Australian Open on Thursday due to a lingering back injury as

in Appartments 22.05.2018 08:39
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

MELBOURNE, Australia - Vancouvers Vasek Pospisil withdrew from the Australian Open on Thursday due to a lingering back injury as fellow Canadian Milos Raonic reached the third round. T.J. Yeldon Jersey . Raonic, seeded 11th, won his match after it was interrupted by rain in the second set. He defeated Victor Hanescu of Romania 7-6 (9), 6-4, 6-4 and will next face Grigor Dimitrov of Bulgaria, who defeated Lu Yen-Hsun of Taiwan, 6-3, 6-3, 7-6 (11). Pospisil, the No. 28 seed, pulled out during a doubles match a day before his scheduled third-round singles match against Stanisials Wawrinka of Switzerland. Pospisil, 23, and Austrian partner Julien Knowle were losing 1-2 to an Australian duo in the first round of their match when he withdrew after being told by doctors he risked compromising his season if he continued. He will return to Vancouver on Friday to start rehab in hopes of playing in the Davis Cup in Tokyo in two weeks. Pospisil called it an unfortunate and disappointing injury. "Im really disappointed to be pulling out. Its my first third round in a Grand Slam. I was excited to do my best and take the opportunity, but unfortunately not able to do so at this time." "Its nothing too serious right now, but theres significant risk if I were to play on it that I could do some serious damage, Popisil added. "I dont want to jeopardize the rest of my season in any way. So it was just the smart move really to pull out, and be safe with my body and try and get ready hopefully in time for Davis Cup." Pospisil first felt the problem in a semi-final against Wawrinka this month in Chennai, India and withdrew in the second set. He also withdrew from a tournament last week in Sydney. Pospisil bounced back on Wednesday, however, to earn a 3-6, 7-6 (6), 7-6 (9), 6-1 victory over Australian Matthew Ebden. "Theres nothing thats really wrong with it (the back) right now," stressed Pospisil. "Its just more preventive, Im supposed to keep off it for a little while." Raonic of Thornhill, Ont., began his match in the evening after tournament officials had halted play on all courts except the covered ones due to a temperature of more than 43 C on the third day of a record heat wave. Raonic, 23, is into the Melbourne third round for a fourth consecutive year. No. 76 Hanescu had defeated Raonic in the first round of the Rogers Cup in Toronto in 2010 but lost their next meeting in Chennai at the start of 2012. Raonic found himself in a fight early on with Hanescu as the pair each held onto serve in a set which eventually went into a tiebreak. The Canadian saved a Romanian set point but needed three of his own to earn the set after 56 minutes. In the second set, Raonic went up an early break and was in control when the weather moved in. He returned to take the set, stayed in command in the third and posted the victory in two hours, 19 minutes with 27 aces on his fourth match point. Tashaun Gipson Jersey . There will be no Down Under four-peat for Djokovic, as the eighth-seeded Swiss slugger Wawrinka outlasted the second seed 2-6, 6-4, 6-2, 3-6, 9-7 at Melbourne Parks Rod Laver Arena in yet another five-set thriller in their burgeoning rivalry. Myles Jack Jersey . Messis 75th-minute goal answered some of the criticism the clubs all-time leading scorer had received for his lacklustre performances in the teams recent losses in the league, Champions League and Copa del Rey final. http://www.jaguarsfansclub.com/Black-Arrelious-Benn-Jaguars-Jersey.html?cat=925 . Cox started the season with San Francisco, but was released by the team on Nov. 12 before being signed by Seattle, where he appeared in two games and tallied three tackles before being released on Dec.DUMFRIES, United Kingdom - Canada defeated Estonia 8-7 on Sunday to remain in third place in its group at the world mixed doubles curling championship. Wayne and Cindy Tuck of Ilderton, Ont., improved to 4-1 with the victory at the Dumfries Ice Bowl. Canada is chasing unbeaten Swedeen (5-0) and second-place Scotland (5-1) in the Group B standings. Dawuane Smoot Jersey. The Czech Republic, Norway and Russia are the other unbeaten teams after 17 sessions of play. Round-robin play continues through Tuesday and the medal games are scheduled for Wednesday. Jerseys From China Jerseys NFL China Jerseys NFL China Wholesale Jerseys 2020 Jerseys NFL China Cheap NFL Jerseys Wholesale Nike NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: