PITTSBURGH -- Once again, the Arizona Diamondbacks found a victory to be worth the wait. [url=http://www.cheapairmax270canada.co

in News 10.01.2019 02:13
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

PITTSBURGH -- Once again, the Arizona Diamondbacks found a victory to be worth the wait. Air Max 270 Canada Online . Adam Eatons bloop double in the 16th inning drove in two runs and the Diamondbacks outlasted the Pittsburgh Pirates 4-2 on Sunday. Eatons career-high fourth hit came during his seventh at-bat, giving Arizona its club-record 13th win in extra innings this season. "As long as you want to go, well go with you and stay in a dogfight," Eaton said. "Well play as long as we need to play." The Diamondbacks needed seven pitchers Sunday over 4 hours, 39 minutes, in improving to 13-5 in extra-inning games. Arizonas victory was its 27th in its final at-bat, by far the most in the majors. It also was the Diamondbacks 36th comeback win -- second-most in the majors -- and ninth in as many games when playing beyond nine innings on a so-called "travel day." "It can be frustrating when you get into extra innings and dont come through, but all you can do is keep battling and our guys do that," Arizona manager Kirk Gibson said. With A.J. Pollock and Didi Gregorius on base and two outs in the 16th, Eaton fought off a 1-0 pitch from Kris Johnson and dunked the ball into shallow left-centre. A sprinting Andrew McCutchen failed in his attempt at a diving catch. "That ball wasnt exactly crushed," Eaton said. "He threw a slider and I tried to stay through it, and good things happen when you put the ball in play." Arizona remained five games behind Cincinnati in the race for the second NL wild-card spot. Pittsburghs lead in the NL Central dwindled to one game over St. Louis. The Pirates dropped two of three to Arizona, losing their third consecutive series. "Were playing good baseball; were just in a stretch here," Pittsburgh second baseman Neil Walker said. "We need to keep grinding it out and keep playing hard. Weve played a lot of innings, so its taxing us a little bit." Pittsburgh lost its third extra-inning game in six days. The Pirates have played 69 innings during that span -- the equivalent of almost eight games. The resulting weary bullpen was why they summoned Johnson from Triple-A Indianapolis in a move that was announced less than hour before game time. Johnson (0-1) threw 82 pitches in six innings. He had five strikeouts and allowed five hits and two walks. "Its satisfying -- I just wish I could have done a little more," Johnson said. Johnson is a 28-year-old minor league veteran of 189 games. He was 10-4 with two saves and a 2.41 ERA in 25 games (20 starts) with Indianapolis this season. "Just a fantastic effort for your major league debut," Pirates manager Clint Hurdle said. "We couldnt ask him to do any more than he did other than to find a way to win that game." Wade Miley limited the Pirates to two runs over eight innings and Aaron Hill went 4 for 7 to extend his hitting streak to 11 games for Arizona. The Diamondbacks (64-58) play their next four games in Cincinnati against the Reds, who are 2 1/2 games back of the Pirates in the division race. Six Arizona relievers combined to pitch eight scoreless innings. Brad Ziegler (7-1) had two strikeouts while pitching perfect 14th and 15th innings, and J.J. Putz worked around two walks -- one intentional -- in the 16th to earn his sixth save. Johnson struck out swinging to end the game. After Hills bases-loaded single scored Eaton in the sixth, the Diamondbacks had the bases loaded and no outs with an opportunity take the lead. They tied it at 2 when Gerardo Parra grounded into a double play. Pirates starter Charlie Morton allowed two runs on seven hits and three walks with six strikeouts. Tony Watson allowed a single during each of his two innings, but struck out the side in the ninth. Mark Melancon worked a scoreless 10th and has allowed an earned run during just one of his past 26 outings. The Pirates scored once each in the first and third on RBI doubles from Russell Martin and Jordy Mercer, who had three hits. Miley, who has a 2.04 ERA over his past nine starts, limited baserunners. Together with Arizonas relievers, they combined to throw 13 consecutive shutout innings until the offence was able to break through. "Were always confident because we know somebody is going to get the job done," Pollock said. "We have a lot of good guys on this team and you know someone is going to come through." NOTES: OF Andrew Lambo was optioned to Triple-A and C Michael McKenry was transferred to the 60-day disabled list to make room on the Pirates roster for Johnson. ... Starling Marte went 2 for 4 against Miley and has reached safely in 12 of his past 19 plate appearances against left-handers. ... The Pirates were set to leave after the game for the West Coast, where they will play seven games in seven days. In NL games played in California over the past two seasons, the Pirates are 1-11. ... RHP Randall Delgado (4-3, 3.53 ERA) starts for Arizona on Monday night against the Reds RHP Bronson Arroyo (11-9, 3.35). Air Max 270 Sale Canada . During halftime, Love told The Associated Press he would receive treatment Saturday night and hoped to play Monday night against Houston. "I knew that my quad was bothering me pretty bad so I went out there and tried to move around a little bit and it just wasnt quite right," Love said. Cheap Air Max 270 Canada . Patrick Deslisle-Houde and David Rose each scored in the second to give the fourth-seeded Redmen a 3-1 lead after Jean-Philippe Mathieu scored in the first. http://www.cheapairmax270canada.com/ .S.-Cuba relations means baseball prospects get off the island and into the major leagues without payoffs to smugglers and threats from kidnappers, its hard to see the downside.Got a question on rule clarification, comments on rule enforcements or some memorable NHL stories? Kerry wants to answer your emails at cmonref@tsn.ca. Hello Kerry, After watching Nino Niederreiter clobber Alex Burrows with an open-ice hit on Wednesday, do you think he should have gotten more than the two minutes for interference. He got him in the head with his shoulder! Thanks,Gary Gary: While I do not like the contact that Nino Niederreiter delivered to the head of Alexandre Burrows one bit, a two-minute penalty was about all the refs could assess on this play under the rules. A more meaningful and deserved penalty to Niederreiter should come his way via a Player Safety Committee review of this illegal check to the head. I watched Mike Milburys take on this play during the NBC intermission of the Rangers-Flyers game last night. Mike didnt agree with the "interference" call since the puck had just left Burrows stick. Beyond that, Milburys comments relative to the Niederreiter hit included, "I dont mind it. I think its more than 2 minutes he should have got." (Which I interpret as no penalty was deserved in Mikes opinion.)I completely agree with one element of Mike Milburys assessment on this play; it was not interference! Nino Niederreiter however should be held accountable for the significant contact he delivered with his shoulder cap to the head of Alex Burrows from the side; which by the way I believe was avoidable. For ongoing player safety this hit, and all similar in nature, need to be regarded as an illegal check to the head in violation of rule 48.2—on a hit resulting in contact with an opponents head where the head was the main point of contact and such contact to the head was avoidable. That can only happen if those responsible for doling out punishment interpret the rule verbiage, "main point of contact" to mean "significant" contact to the head coupled with some/secondary contact with the body. Alexandre Burrows lowered his posture to reach for a puck through the neutraal zone. Air Max 270 Cheap Online. After gaining puck possession Burrows straightened to an upright body position, glided a couple of feet and then released the puck. Nino Niederreiter approached from the side angle position with his skates in a glide and his posture coiled (knees bent and flexed) to deliver a body check that would appear at, least through this setup, to make contact squarely through Burrows body. Just prior to delivering the hit Niederreiter stiffened his legs, thereby elevating his posture significantly upwards towards the head of Burrows. From this strike position, Niederreiter slipped his body just off the center line of Burrows and continued to elevate his shoulder that made significant contact with the head of Alex Burrows. The contact delivered off the center body line and to the head of Burrows resulted in a helicopter freefall for the Vancouver Canuck player. I doubt very much we would even be talking about this play if Nino Niederreiter had maintained a lowered and flexed posture from the setup and approach through contact of his intended hit on Alexandre Burrows. Like most players however, Neiderrreiter made the dangerous decision to increase velocity through the hit by straightening with an upward drive of his legs and shoulder cap that had no other place to connect than the head area of his opponent. Rule 48.1 (i) (ii) (iii) provides lots of reasons to determine whether contact with an opponents head was avoidable. Practically all of these allowances place considerable onus on the recipient/victim of the hit. From (iii) Alexandre Burrows did not "materially change the position of his body or head immediately prior to or simultaneously with the hit in a way that significantly contributed to the head contact." The material change in position came from Nino Niederreiter. If the rule verbiage doesnt qualify hits of this nature as a "head pick," at the very least it needs to be acknowledged that significant contact resulted from an illegal hit to the head in an ongoing effort to hold players accountable. China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: