MIAMI -- Preparing for his first trip to the World Cup, Rickie Lambert epitomizes the player who never gave up on his dream. [ur

in News 10.01.2019 02:13
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

MIAMI -- Preparing for his first trip to the World Cup, Rickie Lambert epitomizes the player who never gave up on his dream. Ray Ban Sunglasses Clearance . Calling him an England striker would have been unthinkable before the last World Cup four years ago when he had just completed another season in the third tier of English football. But the 32-year-old Lambert is now in Miami as part of the 23-man squad heading to Brazil, and is getting ready to represent his country on the sports biggest stage. Enriching the fairytale aspect, Lambert on Monday completed his move from Southampton back to Premier League giant Liverpool, the club he supported as a boy but that discarded him as a player when he was 15. Out of football, Lambert found work in a beetroot factory, earning just 20 pounds a day. "It was absolutely devastating," Lambert recalled Monday. "I can remember at the time thinking I wasnt going to be a footballer -- Id been dropped from Liverpool and it was the end of the world for me. I was so devastated. "At the time, I thought nothing was ever going to feel worse than that, but I can tell people now life goes on and you shouldnt let it hit you too much ... but I never thought Id manage to get back." Following the pain of being rejected, Lambert forced his way through the lower leagues of English football, away from the glamor and riches of the Premier League, playing at Macclesfield, Stockport, Rochdale and Bristol Rovers before ending up at Southampton in 2009. On the south coast, Lambert established himself as a prolific scorer, helping power Southampton from the third tier to the Premier League and an eighth-place finish last month. By that point England coach Roy Hodgson had taken note, calling Lambert up for international duty for the first time last August. It was a dream debut at the age of 31, scoring the winning goal in a friendly against archrival Scotland with his first touch at Wembley Stadium. "Its an unfortunate truth if you want to get recognized at the top level you have to be playing at the top level," Hodgson said recently. Lambert is likely to see limited playing time at the World Cup, where Wayne Rooney and Daniel Sturridge are expected to be the first-choice strikers. But he is likely to earn a fifth cap against Ecuador on Wednesday at the Sun Life Stadium in Miami Gardens, but England could be relying on him for penalties in Brazil, having scored all 34 spot kicks for Southampton and only missing two in his career. "Im living a dream," Lambert said. "There is a buzz about the group at the moment and there is a lot of confidence." Whatever happens at the World Cup, Lambert is likely to make his debut soon in club footballs biggest competition, the Champions League, after completing his 4-million pound ($6.7 million) move to Liverpool. "Its going to be hard to keep my emotions in check the first time I pull on the Liverpool shirt," Lambert said on Liverpools website. "Its going to be very emotional, not just for me but also for my family. These kind of moments are driving me on. When I get these moments, I seem to produce my best performances and Im able to use it to my advantage." Lambert will provide competition up front for Luis Suarez and Daniel Sturridge, with Liverpool needing more strikers in its squad after qualifying for the Champions League for the first time in five years. "There isnt much sentiment in football and I dont think this move is anything to do with that," Lambert said. "Ive loved this club all my life. I left here 17 years ago -- and I havent stopped loving it since." Ray Ban Sunglasses Cheap USA . -- The Chicago Bears agreed Tuesday to a one-year contract with defensive lineman Israel Idonije and are bringing him back for a second stint. Ray Ban Sunglasses Outlet . This week, they discuss the NCAAs revenue sharing, Don Zimmer, soccer language and Super Bowl 50. http://www.raybancheap.us/ . Petersburg of the KHL. Belov was a free agent last summer when he signed a one-year contract with the Oilers. In 57 games this season he had one goal and six assists with 34 penalty minutes in Edmonton.ENGLEWOOD, Colo. - Julius Thomas is about to cash in, one way or another.One of Denvers dozen unrestricted free agents, hell either get a long-term contract soon or play next season under the Broncos franchise tag.General manager John Elway said back on Jan. 12 that re-signing both the big tight end and star wide receiver Demaryius Thomas were his top priorities after finding a new coach.I didnt hear about that until now from you, Thomas told The Associated Press. But I think its good thats something they want to do. Obviously, those conversations and negotiations will take place in the next coming weeks. Hopefully it all works out.If not, Thomas will still see a big jump in his pay. He made $645,000 in the final year of his rookie deal.Thomas is a bit of an uncertainty. He has spent 2 1-2 years nursing ankle injuries that rendered his production near nil and 1 1-2 years as a transcendent tight end a la Rob Gronkowski or Jimmy Graham.Thomas stock soared after he rejected Denvers contract offer last summer. He scored a dozen TDs through nine games, becoming the first tight end in league history to post back-to-back 12-touchdown seasons.Gronkowskis record 17 TDs seemed well within reach. So did Grahams record four-year, $40 million contract he signed last summer that made him the leagues highest-paid tight end.Then, Thomas turned his left ankle at St. Louis on Nov. 16 and was never the same. Neither were the Broncos, who went from Super Bowl favourite to one-and-done in the playoffs.Thomas said he has no idea if his stock slipped along with his production: It is what it is. Theres no changing it. So, well just see. And he wouldnt venture a guess as to whether hell still be in a Broncos uniform: I guess well all know shortly.Thomas was one of Denvers league-high 11 Pro Bowlers. But he skipped the annual all-star game for the second consecutive season. Last year, he was preparing for the Super Bowl. He sat this one out to protect his tender ankle — and maybe even his earnings potential.Thomas said he starts training again next month and didnt want to risk any setbackss. Cheap Ray Ban Sunglasses Sale. Im going to really get after it to make sure Im ready for OTAs. And I wanted to be able to be healthy then and feeling 100 per cent, so I need to attack this off-season the way I need to, he said. I have goals that I still need to achieve, and the only way to get there is through work.Thomas said his ankle is feeling good, man, getting an opportunity to rest it. Thats the No. 1 way to heal. So, its definitely feeling fine. It just needs a little rest.He said he had a tough time watching the Pro Bowl.It was hard missing an opportunity to compete against the best of the best in the world, Thomas said Monday via phone while promoting the release of the Havoc DLC pack for Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare in San Francisco.I have to go back so I can finally get out there and play in that Pro Bowl.Thomas has always maintained this latest ankle injury wasnt anywhere near as serious as the one he sustained to his right ankle on his first catch his rookie year. That injury lingered and essentially cost him his first two years in the NFL.There are other unknowns facing Thomas: even if he returns to Denver, he doesnt know who his quarterback will be.With Peyton Manning mulling retirement, Denvers offence could be run by the man whos thrown an NFL record 530 touchdown passes or Brock Osweiler, whos thrown just one.If Manning decides to come back, hell give everything he has because thats the kind of competitor he is and the love he has for this game, Thomas said. And if he decides his time of running around and getting chased by big guys is over, hell have so much to show for it. Hes one of the greatest athletes ever, one of the greatest football players ever. Hell always be in the conversation of whos the best football player of all time.And if its Osweiler running Gary Kubiaks West Coast offence, thats fine with him, too.When it comes to Brock, Im a believer. I have a lot of faith in what he can do, Thomas said. I really believe hes going to do a great job when his number gets called.___AP NFL website: www.pro32.ap.org and www.twitter.com/AP_NFL China NFL Jerseys Cheap Nike NFL Jerseys NFL Jerseys Cheap Wholesale NFL Jerseys Cheap Basketball Jerseys Online Stitched Hockey Jerseys Wholesale Baseball Jerseys Football Jerseys Outlet College Jerseys For Sale Cheap MLB Jerseys Wholesale Soccer Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys For Sale Wholesale NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: