the womens back in 58.45. Kathleen Baker of the U

in Fragen 25.08.2018 15:53
von dasg234 • 2.926 Beiträge

PARIS -- Australian tennis player Bernard Tomic squeezed his upper left arm with his right hand, looked straight ahead and spoke in a level tone about his father, who is also his coach -- and was banned from attending the French Open because of a pending assault case. "Hes here right now in Paris, so, you know, hes still working with me, hes still my dad, hes still my coach," the 20-year-old Tomic said Tuesday. "And, you know, I love him a lot." That was part of a 40-second opening statement Tomic delivered at his news conference after retiring from his first-round match at Roland Garros in the third set because of a torn right hamstring. Tomics father, John, is due in a Spanish court in October, accused of head-butting Bernards hitting partner in Madrid this month. The ATP and International Tennis Federation both barred John Tomic from receiving credentials for tournaments. The French tennis federation announced Monday it had told the ATP, Bernard Tomic and his agent that the father would not be allowed onto the grounds of the clay-court Grand Slam tournament, even as a paying spectator. "Nothings changed between my dad and I," Bernard said. "Its still the same." After the 61st-ranked Tomic stopped while trailing 7-5, 7-6 (8), 2-1 against Victor Hanescu of Romania, a reporter asked what it was like to not have a coach courtside Tuesday. "Its a little bit different, but, you know, my dads still my coach, and hell always be, because, you know, I grew up with him and he knows me better than everyone else," Tomic said, while also noting he is considering adding another person to help work with them. Tomic began playing tennis at age 7. In 2011, at only 18, he became the youngest quarterfinalist at Wimbledon since Boris Becker in the 1980s. Viewed as Australias most promising player, hes taken a step back, though, making only one fourth-round appearance in the seven Grand Slam tournaments since. And his nascent career has been marked by off-court issues. In November, he was fined and put on a 12-month good-behaviour bond after twice being stopped by Australian police for driving offences near his Gold Coast home. "I showed that I can play, but this is the problem at a young age -- youre up and down," he said. "So Ive got to just keep working hard, keep trying, because once I get there and get to where I want to be, then theres no stopping me." A moderator began Tomics post-match news conference by saying: "Before we start, Bernard has a few things to say, and we wont be taking questions after his comments, other than on the match, OK?" Tomic then began: "Hello, guys. I hope youre well. You know, Id like to say some things before you guys ask me about them -- obviously involving my father." He added: "Involving the incidents that happened, I dont want to talk about it a lot -- at all, if I should say. And its a very difficult thing for me, you know, to put my words into that. If you can respect all I have to say about this, you know, Im happy to talk about the match." John Tomic had not been seen at the Roland Garros complex Tuesday, French federation spokesman Christophe Proust said. "Weve taken maximum precautions not to let him in," Proust said, adding that the younger Tomic "was playing on Court No. 6, which is a small court, so its easy to see whos in the stands." The hitting partner that John Tomic is accused of injuring, Thomas Drouet, is now working with French player Marion Bartoli, who won in the first round at the French Open on Tuesday. "During training and during the match, he helped me a lot," Bartoli said. After only three games against Hanescu, Bernard Tomic called for a trainer to work on his right leg. After getting his hamstring massaged, Tomic continued to play but was limping. "Its very unlucky. I prepared very good to come play here, and the second point, I felt my leg sort of tear and didnt know what it was. It was very strange. I never felt this pain before," Tomic said. When he headed to the locker room during a rain delay, a doctor told him the muscle was torn. "Lucky its not huge. Its not eight weeks, its not six weeks; probably just a week or two. So Im going to try as much as I can to recover" in time for Wimbledon, Tomic said. Clearly, there is a lot on this college-age kids mind at the moment. By the end of his potentially awkward 10-minute session with reporters -- a son discussing his in-trouble father -- Tomic was making himself smile. When he was asked whether he felt a bit lost without support Tuesday, he replied with a chuckle: "No, I just didnt feel my leg at all. Thats all I didnt feel. So if I hadnt done what I did to my leg, maybe I would have thought about that. But considering that I couldnt feel my leg, thats all I was thinking about." NBA Jerseys China . Brett Kulak and Jackson Houck of the Vancouver Giants were each charged with assault causing bodily harm on Aug. 18, according to the B.C. court services. Wholesale Jerseys . -- Golden State Warriors coach Mark Jackson asked his players a simple question during Fridays morning shootaround: How many of them had ever been on a team 14 games over . http://www.cheapjerseysnbafromchina.com/ . The No. 1-ranked Nadal tweaked his back warming up for the Australian Open final, which he lost almost four weeks ago in a major upset against Stanislas Wawrinka. His first stop after the layoff is the clay in Rio as he tests the back and tries to stay healthy for the French Open in three months. Cheap NBA Jerseys . Their 38th instalment is arguably their biggest fight card to date, including three-title fights and a main event which was selected by the fans. The promotion boasts 14-straight years of business and is operated by MFC president Mark Pavelich, who is often overlooked in this country for the foundation hes established for MMA in Canada. Cheap Jerseys . The CFLs leading rusher kept adding to his gaudy numbers this season and scored the winning touchdown with just over two minutes to play. The New Westminster, B.C., native plowed three yards into the end zone for the last score of a heated, see-saw battle between the two teams with the best records in the CFL. RIO DE JANEIRO -- After all the bad blood, all the debate over Yulia Efimova being allowed to swim at the Olympics, Lilly King was the one wearing gold.The American won the 100-meter breaststroke on Monday night, holding off the reigning world champion from Russia in what some will surely call a victory of clean athletes over the dopers.Efimova arrived in Rio as one of the symbols of the massive Russian doping scandal, an athlete who had already served a 16-month suspension and tested positive again this year for the now-banned substance meldonium.Efimova was initially banned from the Olympics, but that decision was overturned on appeal. King took umbrage at Efimovas finger wag during the semifinals and said she intended to compete clean for the U.S.After staring down Efimova in the ready room and giving her a look of disdain on deck, King led all the way to take the gold with a time of 1 minute, 4.93 seconds.Efimova, who heard a round of boos and a few cheers during the introductions, settled for the silver in 1:05.50. The bronze went to another American, Katie Meili.I really dont know how I even reached the final ... it would have really been the end of a fairytale, a horrible dream, if Id won gold, Efimova said after the race, her face red from crying. But that was all I could do right now.King didnt acknowledge Efimova during a raucous victory celebration. Finally, as the two were picking up their credentials at the side of the deck, King gave her rival a quick pat on the shoulder.It just proves you can compete clean and still come out on top with all the hard work you put in behind the scenes, behind the meet, at practice and weight sessions, King said. There is a way to become the best and do it the right way.Kings victory was part of another big night for the Americans, who also extended their domination in the mens 100 backstroke with Ryan Murphys victory and picked up six medals in all.But it was another stunning disappointment for Missy Franklin, the darling of the London Games. She failed to qualify for the final of the 200 freestyle, extending a mystifying loss of form since turning pro last summer.Hungarys Katinka Hosszu became the first two-time gold medalist at the Olympic Aquatics Stadium, adding the womens 100 backstroke title to her world-record victory in the 400 individual medley.In another rresult sure to stir the doping debate, Chinas Sun Yang captured gold in the mens 200 free.dddddddddddd Two years ago, he served a three-month suspension for taking a banned stimulant.Murphy gave the Americans their sixth straight gold medal in his event, rallying on the return lap to win in 51.97. The Americans last loss in the 100 back came at the 1992 Barcelona Games.Australias Mitch Larkin set the early pace but couldnt hold on. Chinas Xu Jiayu surged to the silver, while another American, David Plummer, stretched for the bronze -- just three-hundredths of a second ahead of a fading Larkin.It was quite a moment for Plummer, who finally made his first Olympic team at age 30. Now, hes got his first medal.Hosszu, known as the Iron Lady for her grueling schedule, took the womens back in 58.45. Kathleen Baker of the United States settled for the silver, while Canadas Kylie Masse and Chinas Yuanhui Fu tied for the bronze.Hosszu sat up on the lane rope and made a heart sign in the direction of her coach and husband, Shane Tusup.Yang rallied from his customarily slow start to pass South Africas Chas le Clos and hold off American Conor Dwyer, touching the wall in 1:44.65.Le Clos, who recently announced that that both of his parents are battling cancer, went out with a totally different strategy. He built a body-length lead over the entire field and tried to hang on. It nearly worked.Yang surged to the front, but Le Clos managed to grab the silver. The bronze went to Dwyer.Franklin finished last in her semifinal heat with only the 13th-fastest time among 16 swimmers. She touched in 1:57.56, which was actually slower than her time in the afternoon preliminaries.As a bubbly, 17-year-old high schooler, Franklin won four golds and a bronze at the London Games. But shes endured a mystifying loss of form since turning pro last summer, struggling just to qualify for two individual events and a relay at the U.S. trials.In 2012, Franklin competed in seven Olympic events.Now, all shes got left is the 200 backstroke and a likely spot on the 4x200 free relay team.---Follow Paul Newberry on Twitter at www.twitter.com/pnewberry1963 . His work can be found at http://bigstory.ap.org/content/paul-newberry . Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jersyes Cheap Basketball Jerseys Cheap NHL Jerseys cheap jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap NFL Jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: