ARLINGTON, Texas -- Yu Darvish returned to his dominant form. [url=http://www.mavericksteamofficial.info/jason-kidd-mavericks-je

in Green Valley's Ranch 08.12.2018 04:03
von jokergreen0220 • 1.825 Beiträge

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Yu Darvish returned to his dominant form. Jason Kidd Jersey . The star pitcher allowed just four hits over eight sharp innings and the Texas Rangers beat Minnesota 5-0 on Saturday, handing the Twins their fifth straight loss. Darvish (8-4) allowed only one hit and one walk after the second inning in lowering his earned run average to 2.42 following two consecutive defeats and his home ERA to 1.83. With 10 strikeouts, he hit double digits for the fifth in his last eight starts. Adrian Beltre had three hits for the Rangers and scored Texas first run, which proved to be all the Rangers needed, in the second inning. Shin-Soo Chin and Leonys Martin added two hits each. "I thought he was Yu Darvish again," Rangers manager Ron Washington said. "I dont care how good you are. There will be bumps in the road. There will be times when things dont go right. And that even can happen for Yu Darvish. It was good for him to go out there today and find his pitches that worked." Darvish, though, said he was unable to find a comfortable delivery throughout the game. "I just couldnt find the right one today," he said through an interpreter, "but I managed to pitch those eight innings. I cant say I was disappointed." No matter the delivery, Darvish frustrated the Twins with a cut fastball that was particularly effective against lefties. "Id say (Darvishs cutter) is probably his best pitch," said Twins DH Joe Mauer, whose first-inning single extended his hitting streak to a season-high nine games. "He can definitely make the ball move in a lot of different directions." Phil Hughes (8-4) lost for only the second time in eight road starts this season, allowing all five runs on 11 hits in 7 2-3 innings. "Its not been going our way as of late," Twins leftfielder Chris Parmelee said, "but our hitting will come around." Neal Cotts finished for Texas in a non-save situation and retired the side in order. The Rangers have won the first two of the three-game weekend series with the Twins following a season-long eight-game losing streak. The shutout was Texas 14 of the season, tops in the American League and one short of the St. Louis Cardinals major league leading total. Beltre scored on a double by Chris Gimenez on a fly to straight-away centre that sailed just beyond the reach of Sam Fuld. The Rangers added a second run in the third inning when Rougned Odor singled, stole second, advanced on an infield out and scored on a dribbler back to the mound by Elvis Andrus. The Rangers added three insurance runs in the eighth, one on a squeeze bunt by rookie Luis Sardinas. They chased Hughes, who went into the game with a 1.52 ERA in five previous career appearances at Globe Life Park. Darvishs strong outing followed a quality start by Nick Tepesch on Friday night to give Texas consecutive quality starts for the first time since June 14-15. The Twins put runners at second and third in the second inning on singles by Oswaldo Arcia and Parmelee. No. 9 batter Pedro Florimon, hitless in his previous 18 at-bats, flied out to centre with two away to end what proved to be Minnesotas only threat of the game. Notes: Rangers OF Alex Rios, hitless in his last 15 at-bats, was given a day off after playing all 126 games since being acquired last Aug. 9 from the Chicago White Sox ... Texas LHP Derek Holland threw a 67-pitch simulated game on Saturday, but the club isnt ready to start him on a rehab assignment. ...Minnesotas Sunday starter, Kyle Gibson, shut out Texas over six innings on May 28. Steve Nash Jersey . Kyle Denbrook, a soccer player from Saint Marys University, took the CIS male athlete of the week honour. Stanley, a fourth-year business administration student from Charlottetown, scored both goals in a 2-0 win over Dalhousie on Friday and tallied again in a 1-0 win over Saint Marys on Sunday. Kostas Antetokounmpo Jersey . Re-signed by the club to a one-year, two-way (NHL/AHL) contract on July 5, Bass appeared in three preseason games with Columbus prior to breaking a bone in his hand on Sept. http://www.mavericksteamofficial.info/luka-doncic-mavericks-jersey/ . Thats what he did over the past 2 1/2 years with the Washington Wizards. Wittmans approach helped turn the Wizards from pushover to playoff winners.JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Rookie quarterback Blake Bortles has a number of things to work on before training camp. His contract is no longer on the list. Bortles, the first quarterback taken in last months NFL draft, signed a four-year deal worth more than $20.6 million Wednesday. The third overall selection, Bortles signed the fully guaranteed contract before the second day of a mandatory, three-day minicamp. Bortles received a $13.3 million signing bonus. The Jaguars got a team option for a fifth year. "I never thought about, I need to sign. I cant wait to sign. I need to hurry up to sign," Bortles said. "It is a once-in-a-lifetime thing, signing your first NFL contract. So that was something thats cool and Ill cherish forever. But its definitely in the past and forgotten about in my mind." With Bortles under contract, the Jaguars have two unsigned draft picks -- second-round receivers Marqise Lee and Allen Robinson. The team hopes to sign both by the end of the week. Bortles has been up and down during organized team activities, about what the Jaguars expected when they drafted him and planned to let him watch and learn in 2014 and take over next season. He continues to tweak his mechanics, mostly footwork, and his performances reflect that hes a work in progress. "Theres a lot to correct," Bortles said. "There are things that Im not doing well right now. But Im not worrying about it because Im trying to fix something else. It is a process. Its something that were working on thats going to take a while." Bortles played in a spread offence at UCF, rarely lining up under centre, so thats been a change. The biggest challenge has been getting his feet properly aligned. Dwight Powell Jersey. Hes accurate throwing to his left, but still has a tendency to step forward when throwing to his right. And its really affected his deep balls, which have fluttered and floated during OTAs and minicamp. "Youve got to make the stuff muscle-memory because what Ive been doing for 22 years isnt the right way," Bortles said. "But thats what Im used to doing, so Ive got to fix it. Its got to take time." The Jaguars arent worried. They drafted Bortles with an eye on the future. Jacksonville re-signed veteran Chad Henne and named him the starter even before selecting Bortles, and insist the plan is to hold the rookie until hes ready -- even if that means making him the backup until 2015. "Sometimes theres anxiety and sometimes hes pressing and trying to do too many things," coach Gus Bradley said. "Were just watching that and hell work through that. Some of the things he has to work through and he will." Bortles started 30 games at UCF before declaring for the NFL draft following his junior season. He went 22-5 as a starter, throwing for 7,598 yards with 56 touchdowns and 19 interceptions. He also ran for 561 yards and 15 scores. He realizes the transition from college star to NFL starter will take time and patience. "It was the same thing freshman year of college, so youre just starting all over again," Bortles said. "Its just everybodys bigger, stronger and faster. Youre going through the same thing. Youre learning the new playbook, youre meeting new people and you have different challenges. Youve got to be able to have that quarterback amnesia and move past things." cheap falcons jerseys cheap ravens jerseys cheap bills jerseys cheap bears jerseys cheap bengals jerseys cheap cowboys jerseys cheap lions jerseys cheap texans jerseys cheap colts jerseys cheap jaguars jerseys cheap chiefs jerseys cheap rams jerseys cheap dolphins jerseys cheap vikings jerseys cheap saints jerseys cheap giants jerseys cheap jets jerseys cheap eagles jerseys cheap steelers jerseys cheap 49ers jerseys ' ' '

nach oben springen

Besucher

Wir begrüßen unser neuestes Mitglied: panozaapg
Forum Statistiken
Das Forum hat 15367 Themen und 15530 Beiträge.

Heute waren 0 Mitglieder Online: